John Madden

smelly

It doesn't bother me as much as others, though, because he's not a goal scorer. He never was.

In his four full seasons, he's scored 16, 23, 15, and 19. Compare that with Kris Draper, another checking center on a winning team, over the same span: 5, 8, 15, 14.

It's not outlandish to expect around 20 goals from Madden every season, especially when you consider he's had an offensive player (Gionta) on his wing for most of the season.

I HATE the fact they've put Stevenson on the Madden-Pando line. What a waste. He does his best work in the trenches, and that line isn't going to pin itself in the offensive zone. Plus, M-P work better with a little more speed on the wing.

<JESTER>

Turner is on the Madden wing, beacaue he's the best choice we have. Burns finally listened to me and moved Gionta to 1st line RW.

If we had and real 1st line, stud RW for example, the the whole team rebalances and we look much better.

Elias-Gomer-Stud RW

Friesen-Brylin-Langs

Pando-Madden-Gionta

Rass-Rupp-Marsh/Turner

We are only one player away from having a reasonably competative lineup.

I'm glad you said reasonably competitive, because Brylin isn't a 2nd line center in the NHL.

When the real season starts and Marshall or Stevenson is moved back to the 1st line, then we'll see more balanced lines.

Agrred... I'm just drinking kool-aid and trying to work within the orgaization to make teh best of it.

Brylin is top notch a 3rd line LW.... a passable 2nd line LW, and a passable 3rd line center.

This all started when, for the first time in my life, I actually put a background on my computer.

And that background is a a great picture of Madden and 2 Stanley Cups.

I've just removed the background, so all will be fine now.

Hah, I have the same background, maybe I should remove it too.

Who should we put a curse on now?

If we had and real 1st line, stud RW for example, the the whole team rebalances and we look much better.

Elias-Gomer-Stud RW

Friesen-Brylin-Langs

Pando-Madden-Gionta

Rass-Rupp-Marsh/Turner

We are only one player away from having a reasonably competative lineup.

As it stands right now though, I'd rather see someone like Rassmussen on Madden's wing than Turner, who I feel can create more offensive chances played with Rupp and Marshall.

<JESTER>

As it stands right now though, I'd rather see someone like Rassmussen on Madden's wing than Turner, who I feel can create more offensive chances played with Rupp and Marshall.

You know, Rass with Madden and Pando, might be a good thing.

But that ould kill our 4th line.

You'd have to play Turner, Marshall and Rupp. Yikes.

Our issue right now is that it is hard to play both Marshall and Turner.

Has Lou tried to lock up Madden or what? Has he said he wants to test the open market?

Remember, Lou doesn't particularly care whether his UFAs test the market. He figures that one of two things will happen:

• They'll weigh the other offers they're getting against the chance to win a cup in NJ
  • They'll leave and be easily replaced

Unfortunately, Lou places a little too much faith in those two scenarios, and as such he doesn't take into account the possibility that his UFAs CAN'T be easily replaced.