If Lou had unlimited resources

Nature's Minister

Well, I can tell you this for a fact.

If we had unlimited resources, we would certainly KEEP THE ONES WE HAVE. Gilmour, Mogilny... to a lesser extent Holik, Niewendyk.

Ah yes, never thought of it like that. Excellent point. Maybe not all of them, but people like Neuwy, Holik, and Almo would have stayed, I think for sure.

Still amazes me what the Devs accomplish with the very limited resources Lou has to work with. People like that leave EVERY year, yet the team still competes for the Cup. This TEAM rocks.

If we had unlimited resources, we would certainly KEEP THE ONES WE HAVE. Gilmour, Mogilny... to a lesser extent Holik, Niewendyk.

Looking at it like that I have to agree. Almo would still be here and so would Niewy. I was thinking more along the lines of players we didn't have that were free agents.

Of all the guys we have lost to free agency the one I wish was still here more than anyone was Mogilny.

I wonder which guys he really wishes he had/could have re-signed?

Almo? Holik? Nieuwy? others (since my knowledge of Devils history is so limited)?

I doubt he spends much time thinking about "woulda, coulda, shoulda", though.

Lou has always tried to get Roenick, back when he was with the Blackhawks, then the Coyotes......

Lou also loves Blake, seemed to have a real obsessions with him.........

I think after that Hatcher elbow to Sykie in 2000, the rumbles died down.

I still say F Hatcher for that one :angry:

Me too! I was a very pissed off camper for about 20 minutes after that hit. And remember earlier in the series, maybe even the game, he high sticked Arnott right under the chin and remember how obvious it was too?!

Dirtbags like that don't belong on this team! :angry:

Lacroix came out of nowhere to get Blake, I dont think Lou wanted to pay that price feeling he couldnt re-sign Blake, while Lacroix who has a lot more financial wiggle room, felt confident about paying the price in terms of players and money for a long term contract.

Also, that whole Blake situation tempers any expectations when you see rumours like Gonchar coming here.......IMO makes me less expectant of that player coming here.

Ah yes, never thought of it like that. Excellent point. Maybe not all of them, but people like Neuwy, Holik, and Almo would have stayed, I think for sure.

Still amazes me what the Devs accomplish with the very limited resources Lou has to work with. People like that leave EVERY year, yet the team still competes for the Cup. This TEAM rocks.

I'm not so sure, maybe iof Lou had more money he woudl not wait until our UFA are UFAs, maybe he'd try to sign long term deals a year aerly, but I'm not so sure he would getting inot a bidding war even for lifetime devils gone UFA....

I think after that Hatcher elbow to Sykie in 2000, the rumbles died down.

I still say F Hatcher for that one :angry:

Me too! I was a very pissed off camper for about 20 minutes after that hit. And remember earlier in the series, maybe even the game, he high sticked Arnott right under the chin and remember how obvious it was too?!

Dirtbags like that don't belong on this team! :angry:

Believe me NJay, I was FUMING after the play. I remember I was watching the game in my room and I gimped all the way downstairs into the living room where my family was watching and just WENT OFF (mind you, Sykora was my favorite player at the time). I was PISSED OFF, :lol: . Then I got really upset (my emotions were already fragile, I had been sick for about a year and I was just worn down!) and I even felt the lump in my throat like I was about to cry! Ahh man!

I get the chills just thinking about it... :evilcry:

I was sitting in my family room with my brother watching the game and once I saw that, I JUMPED out of my seat and started SCREAMMMMMMING. I was fierce I tell you. I was pacing the room the whole time he was down, shaking my head in a very angry way.

The only time I ever ran as far as you did was in 2001 vs. Hurricanes when Stevens nailed Willis with that hit. I was watching the game in my room upstairs and as soon as he nailed him, I must have jumped like 5 feet in the air yelling "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I ran downstairs to where my parents and brother were and was like "Did you see that?!?! DID YOU SEE THAT!?!?! That was unbelieveable!!!!"

Atleast that was a CLEAN hit.

I wouldn't want to be any throwable object in that room. :lol:

At the games, I'm usually very tame. I don't say very much, but there is that occasion where I jump out of my seat and yell at something that was very obvious. When a goal is scored, I usually go nuts, especially big goals, then I'm jumping and screaming "YEAH!" like it's my job.

At home is a VERY different story. I'm not tame. I yell a lot more. I get just as excited too, sometimes more. Like when something big like that Hatcher hit happens, I FLIP out. Usually takes me a few minutes to calm down, sometimes it's not a pretty site for other people in the room. haha.

I got a prime example. Game 7, 2000, vs. Philly. My girlfriend at the time decides to call me about midway through the 3rd period!! I didn't know it was her so I picked up the phone. She starts talking, so I start NOT listening. I'm paying absolute attention to the game, you have no idea. The phone was up to my ear but I didn't even recognize that. Then when Elias scored, I flipped out. I jumped off my couch sideways, started screaming and jumping uncontrolably, then i realized I had her on the phone still, and I just hung up. :lol: I did. I just pressed the off button, I didn't care. I was so happy he scored, I couldn't hold that phone anymore!

I got many more examples. Cup Winner was an awesome experience. Game 7 last year vs. Sens. I was going NUTTTTTTS in my basement. Game 5 vs. Ducks last year I was happy as anything. Game 1 vs. Dallas in 2000 was fun. I'm overwhelming at times, oh well.

And you and I in the same room probably shouldn't be allowed during big games, it would get too loud, too messy. But it sure as hell would be a lot of fun! :lol:

Hah, I have similar experiences -- when I'm at games, I'm usually stone cold silent, focusing on the play. I usually don't yell anything out, at times I might mutter something to myself or say "nice keep, good clear" etc...at home, I'm a freak, too. I'm all over the room, screaming at the TV, all that fun stuff.

:lol: During Game 6 against the Stars my boyfriend (at the time) manages to call me RIGHT as Niedermayer scores...I still saw the play but my attention had been rattled because of the phone ringing -- I picked up the phone, yelled at him for calling, and then hung up.

Yeah...he thought I was psycho! :rofl:

Of course there's always the fun times watching games drunk, my most (non)memorable game would probably be Game 6 against Anaheim this year...thankfully I was wasted for that one, OH MAN! Funny thing is, I don't remember ANYTHING about the game but I do remember having a grand ole time with everyone around (we were down the shore, like 50+ of us rented out an entire motel). Good times, good times B)