New York Mets 2016 Season Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

Agree '7'.  This organization is almost as bad with 1986 as the Rangers are 1994.  It was great, it was fun, it was memorable...and it's enough.  After this weekend, put the 1986 Mets to bed for good.  

The ironic thing is that Familia gets the win AND keeps his save streak intact...shows how meh the save stat can be.

Ladies and gentleman...Curtis Granderson. 30 homer run. 40 rbi. .198. Nothing weird about that at all

They got the win. All that matters. In previous years it would be a wretched 16 inning loss.

Every closers have awful unreal bad luck blown saves...so Familia had his. Fine. Move on. Get it out of your system. Honestly in a big spot I STILL have more faith in him than Franco, Benitez, Looper put together.

Familia isnt superhuman, but when he blows saves it isnt because of chokes. Benitez choked...Looper choked...but Familia comes back strong.

Edited by '7'

Yeah, regardless of blowing the lead, they won and the bullpen didn't have to throw extra innings.  All good.

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The ironic thing is that Familia gets the win AND keeps his save streak intact...shows how meh the save stat can be.

I'm all for a complete abolishment of it. Heck I dont even think pitchers should get "wins".

Braden Looper...oh man THAT fvcking guy...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

8 hours ago, '7' said:

Ladies and gentleman...Curtis Granderson. 30 homer run. 40 rbi. .198. Nothing weird about that at all

They got the win. All that matters. In previous years it would be a wretched 16 inning loss.

Yeah I was just gonna say it might be time to start worrying about Grandy looking at a sub-Mendoza line BA going into Memorial Day.  At least he got me out of there JUST in time to make the early train :lol:

11 hours ago, '7' said:

Fwiw...enough of 1986 overkill. We've heard every story, we know every broadcast call word for word, we can visually replay every big AB pitch for pitch...Astros...Sox. I mean I was sick of it in 2006, this is too much now. Even though the Mets arent a "Act like you've been there before" club...I wish they didnt lean in 1986 as much.

Though I will say the 1986 Mets are more rememembered and beloved, and more the "stuff of legend" than pretty much any Yankee championship team. Same with the 69 Mets. When you win a million of em...they tend to blend together.

That's also probably why the 1994 Rags just cant dissapear. 

To me you could argue anything other than celebrating the 10th, 25th and 50th anniversaries are overkill.  Although it's a bit of a rock and hard place syndrome cause a decade ago people were accusing the Wilpons of trying to bury the past and go out of their way not to acknowledge the '86 team.  Seems like in the last decade they've gone completely the other way on that to compensate.

If anything the overkill is the reason I decided to go to the game last night instead of tonight...after all I was at the 20th anniversary celebration in 2006.  What more are they going to do for the 30th that they didn't do for the 20th?  Unfortunately it turns out since the game isn't on SNY/WPIX the only way to watch the ceremony'll be on streaming, so hopefully the stream works at least :P

12 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

OF COURSE...OF COURSE :rant:

This ***hole is at least in the top three of Met killers right behind Chipper.

Don't forget David Wright...though it's nice to see him somehow have seven dingers to this point.  And they haven't all been cheap either.  If he could just find a way to cut down on the Ks.

And another umpire that thinks TV viewers are watching them as opposed to the players.

There's no reason to throw Thor out for a pitch that didn't even hit Utley unless there were explicit warnings before the game.  Which in itself would be stupid.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That fvcking piece of sh!t c*nt umpire.  What he did was SO wrong on so many levels.  Yeah, it's all about you, you fvcking nothing.  How about for ONCE, MLB actually holds these smug "we know we're just so untouchable" complete fvcking a$$holes accountable.  God damn it I'm still so fvcking livid over this.  Un-fvcking-believable. 

Happy for Verrett at least.  Tough spot for him to come in and he's been very good.  30 pitches so far, 27 strikes.

Something's gotta be done about this...and it won't be.  These guys are NEVER held accountable and they KNOW it.  My wife yelled at me for yelling at the TV, but that was just so wrong.  I still can't believe that ump actually did that. 

And of course.  Maybe the ump can high-five him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

At least it's only 1-0 for the moment.  Still time to fight back. 

sh!t, make that 2-0.

Aggravating because it feels like the Mets were completely thrown off by the ejection call.  And admittedly that's on them.  They can't let a horrible call completely screw them up and take them out of a game.

fvcking a$$hole ++++ ump. Where's the 7 pistol "you know what to do with this" when you need it. 

Stupid son of a bitch. Good for Terry not rocking him in the face. I'd be in prison. Cocksucker. 

The ump NEEDS to be punished. Wonder if national tv stage will factor into it. fvcking clown