Wii sucks?

njdevil434

You just pulled both of these statements out of your ass.

The first statement is pure and simple truth. Anybody and everybody can pick up the Wii-mote and play Wii Sports...you may not want to, but you could.

The second one is a statistic based on people I know and work with. Go into any office building and poll the people inside...about 15% of the people consider themselves hardcore gamers...and that's being rather generous. No, it's not a scientific fact, but the sample is as good as any for a "message board statistic". Point is, most people aren't hardcore gamers.

No, the problem is that third party devs haven't figured out how to, or don't want to implement the Wii-mote into any of their games. I don't really see any purpose of buying a game for the Wii that isn't centered around that thing. You may as well just buy a PS2 for 100 bucks and be able to play basically anything.

That's exactly what I said...

The problem with the Wii is that third party developers haven't figured out how to design good games for it. The major developers are too busy refining graphics engines to worry about it and the smaller guys who actually make those types of games, are making terrible ones.

:noclue:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if most people were hardcore gamers then the hardcore gamer would not be a hardcore gamer... he'd be a norm of society... the term hardcore in itself suggests a small minority :P

and you tell me why a YEAR LATER it's still a flat out bitch to get a damn Wii!

Hmmm...according to Wikipedia, 5.6 million Wii consoles have been sold and the system is outperforming both PS3 and XBox 360. If you are looking for a fun system that you can play with all of your friends and have a blast in the meantime, the Wii is your system.

The first statement is pure and simple truth. Anybody and everybody can pick up the Wii-mote and play Wii Sports...you may not want to, but you could.

The second one is a statistic based on people I know and work with. Go into any office building and poll the people inside...about 15% of the people consider themselves hardcore gamers...and that's being rather generous. No, it's not a scientific fact, but the sample is as good as any for a "message board statistic". Point is, most people aren't hardcore gamers.

That's exactly what I said...

:noclue:

Edited by metallidevils

And anyone and everybody can pick up a ps3 or 360. You may not want to, but you could.

Maybe 15% of gamers are hardcore gamers. But no way are 15% of the population hardcore gamers. Maybe that's what you mean. Also, how would you even define 'hardcore gamer'?

I may or may not be what you consider a 'hardcore gamer' (I don't consider myself one) but I'd still rather play ncaa football or nhl 08 over wii sports any day.

Also I'll take GH3 or Rock Band as a party game over Wii sports.

I don't fault people who play Wii - it's your personal choice and I'd never try to convince you otherwise.

I fail to see what was so fanboyish about my post. I don't 'hate' nintendo, it's stupid to hate a video game company and Hell, I enjoyed the crap out of goldeneye and bomberman for 64, and super smash brothers for gamecube (Didn't own either system, but played them a lot). There are just very few games that look appealing to me, mostly because, at least from what I can tell, the whole point of the games is to be able to use the Wii-mote. Once the novelty of it wears off, I just can't imagine having much fun with it. Obviously the HD graphics, and physics are a huge selling point to many people who own the new systems, myself included. Graphics don't make the game, but I've played enough games with ps2-like graphics, that having these new graphics are really awesome.

Red....to pass the ball you pick the WR using the D-pad, A, B, and then swing the Wii-remote forward like you are actually passing a ball :D

Rowdy, sadly even though EA has a whole branch based to work on Wii games they haven't made the NHL franchise available yet....

Metallidevils...the same can be said about the novelty of good graphics though...I've owned a Wii for a year now and as the good games go then so does my interest but I have found (having owned numerous systems) that there have been a lot more games on the Wii than other systems that have good replay value (Wii Sports, Big Brain Academy, The Bigs, Madden, MLB Power Pros, Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, Metroid Prime, and Trauma Center to name a few)....I've also borrowed a 360 for about a month a piece on two different occasions and of course was wowed with the graphics but overall found less games that I could play over and over again after I initially finished them...Bioshock is an amazing game, the graphics are stellar as is the story and music and this is coming from someone who admittedly hates FPS games..it turned me around...I loved it but after I finished it there was no point to pick it up again...on the flip side after I beat Twilight Princess (the Wii Zelda game) I could go back and still gallop around the countryside shooting orcs with my bow and arrow all over again or even find the many hidden secrets within the game....

again, I've said it before it comes down to preference...sure you can get bored with the controls of the Wii but no quicker than you can get bored with the graphics of the PS3 or 360...both systems have great games..the only reason why I responded to your post in the first place wasn't to debate the quality of each system but to point out the fact that you were knocking the Wii with no real regard to the facts about the system...

True about the library of games...that unfortunately hasn't been a strong suit for Nintendo however EA is getting in line with their new studio opened dedicated solely to the Wii...I'm anticipating the Star Wars game for the Wii...Lucas says it'll be exciting let the fans use the force and a light saber in such a way the Wii provides....however I'm disappointed in not being able to play Fable 2 or GTA unless I get a 360...that really is the best option if you have the money...get a 360 and a Wii...

The real problem for the Wii owner is the fact that the other two systems have no problem using the ideas of Nintendo and implementing them in their already cool consoles (i.e. the PS3's controller that senses slight rotating movements) and Nintendo never seems to get into that...Xbox live already has something good why not build off of something similar and instead go with the ever innovative "friend codes" blah!

Edited by UnderDogX

the Wii is a joke. My cousin got it for xmas yesterday and the only decent game was the Wii Sports package.. shooting games are too difficult to bother with, we tried Madden 08 and it was terrible I couldnt figure out how to hit properly.. Really not worth it IMO.. it looks more for young kids than anything

And oh yeah, the graphics dont even compare to the 360 or PS3

Edited by nmigliore

the Wii is a joke. My cousin got it for xmas yesterday and the only decent game was the Wii Sports package.. shooting games are too difficult to bother with, we tried Madden 08 and it was terrible I couldnt figure out how to hit properly.. Really not worth it IMO.. it looks more for young kids than anything

And oh yeah, the graphics dont even compare to the 360 or PS3

Its not about the graphics.. its about the game play.. which IMHO.. is loads of fun.. never enjoyed boxung videos games until Wii...

I got a Wii a year ago.

Game I got? A bunch of Gamecube games since well, never had a GC. The Wii games I got were:

The Godfather (good fun with the Wii controls, shooting isn't as easy as the PC version though.)

Resident Evil 4 (Wii version >>>>>>> GC version, controls are fantastic. Shooting is fun).

Super Paper Mario (Good fun, not as good as the other Paper Mario games though)

I got Madden 07, Excite Truck, and something else I don't remember right now. I really want Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Metroid, maybe. Galaxy, maybe. I was never a Nintendo guy, I'm a PC Gamer.

I play my PC the most, then I play on my 360 (NHL 08, GH2) and then on my Wii. I don't have a PS3, I don't want a PS3. The exclusives it has kinda suck and the other games are on 360.

That's why I got a 360 to compliment my PC Gamer self. And the Wii is just bloody good fun.

The Godfather (good fun with the Wii controls, shooting isn't as easy as the PC version though.)

How GOOD are the executions with the Wii-mote??? :evil:

Damn that is sooo much fun I am addicted to that alone just snapping people with the Wii-Mote....

... ummm.... yeah.....

good game....

(backing out.. slowly.....)