Lets Talk Elias

coldply123

Patrik Elias to me has really matured as a person and as a player.......This year more than any other he has taken a greater leadership role and really become a player who seems to be enjoying his time on the ice..........

And as a player, he has sort of quietly become the sniper that we were all pining for last year, he has come up with clutch goal after clutch goal.........

Elias blossomed after Lou paid him with his contract.............Elias recognized that Lou doesnt give out money like that to just anybody, and that Lou expected big things from Elias on all levels.

he's my favorite devil and i agree that he's been playing very well. other than the A on his sweater though, i don't know how any of us can really SEE the leadership that he's supposedly providing. while i think that he certainly is setting an example and is probably doing the things in the room to earn the A, it's not like we see or hear about him rallying the troops, ala stevens or dan-0

I don't mind talking Elias every now and then...

He's had a really really nice year. And he's just looked more confident and comfortable in doing it.

He tied the OT record very quickly in the year with no one noticing, hope he gets a chance to break it... but yet I don't, cause I'd rather be leading than tied after 3.

Like I always say, there's a reason he's the remaining guy from the A-Line.

I think it's in his character. He's absolutely fabulous with fans -- win, lose or tie -- always generous with his time. All his post-Cup comments were about us and that's really special and generous.

Having come from a tough upbringing where he used his brother's equipment for many many years, I think he still realizes the value of everything he has. And that's a good thing... for us.

Elias has been the man this year. He has been solid on both sides of the puck, and he makes things happen with the puck and without the puck. This season has been especially impressive since he's been shuffled around with different linemates, and the fact that no one else seems to be capable of picking up the scoring slack opposing teams are really able to key on Patty. My only concern about Elias is his road vs. home scoring. 40pts on 20g and 20a at home is incredible but his production is less than half that on the road with only 19pts. Hopefully he'll help bring that a little bit back into line over the next 4 games.

I enjoyed the rather in-depth interview he did with Doc the other day. I think it's the first time I've heard Patrik talk about his family. Getting up at 5:00 and to bed at 11:00; his brothers' accidents/injuries that kept them from playing. It was very interesting. He's a very personable guy.