Concerts

Devils Dose

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to see u2 in a few days and I have not been to the new stadium yet...what's the parking like? Any input would be appreciated!

The closer you park, the more you will pay. Try looking on ebay for parking passes. Im not sure if they offer them for concerts but its possible.

Thank you Quinn, I did look on ebay and found two places offering parking/shuttle service for $20. I figured it's a hassle there and I don't feel like taking the train since I would have too many connections or have to drive most of the way and then hit the train.

Soundgarden put on a really good show at the Rock last night. They played pretty much all their best songs, including some which I hadn't heard them play live before. And Chris Cornell seemed very into it compared to the last time I had seen them at Lollapalooza some years back when Metallica headlined and Cornell looked like he could care less about being there. I was also impressed at the amount of fans who showed up, considering these days the band isn't as popular as it used to be and the tour hasn't gotten a lot of publicity.

Soundgarden put on a really good show at the Rock last night. They played pretty much all their best songs, including some which I hadn't heard them play live before. And Chris Cornell seemed very into it compared to the last time I had seen them at Lollapalooza some years back when Metallica headlined and Cornell looked like he could care less about being there. I was also impressed at the amount of fans who showed up, considering these days the band isn't as popular as it used to be and the tour hasn't gotten a lot of publicity.

loved the show, great energy played every song i loved (and more)... Outshined was just amazing live, and loved Black Hole Sun with the entire arena singing

id definitely see Soundgarden again

The crowd was very into it, the GA section was just packed

Coheed played very well, but the guitars were way too loud in the mix, and it drowned out everything else, not their fault

Edited by Microwavepizza

Bouncing Souls Thursday night, performing their self-titled album and Hopeless Romantic, was pretty awesome, albeit a little weird. All of the opening bands went over, so they really rushed through the self-titled album (...as much as one can speed up an already 25-ish minute cd anyway).

Hopeless Romantic was awesome, though. I'd amazingly never seen them play Bullying the Jukebox or Ole! live, so that was fun.

The opening bands were hilariously weird: Wildstreet, who looked like a bad 80s Guns N Roses cover band and had songs called Fist Of Fury and Poison Kiss; Yuppicide, who win for best name, and had a very tall englishman in makeup and a giant bird feather/crocodile head shoulder piece; and Star fvcking Hipsters, who seemed intent to go on entirely too long. I didn't much like them, but apparently one of the band members is from South Amboy.

Glad to hear Soundgarden sounded good, I wasn't thrilled with them at Lollapalooza last year. I'm assuming they were still rusty then, though.

loved the show, great energy played every song i loved (and more)... Outshined was just amazing live, and loved Black Hole Sun with the entire arena singing

id definitely see Soundgarden again

The crowd was very into it, the GA section was just packed

Coheed played very well, but the guitars were way too loud in the mix, and it drowned out everything else, not their fault

It made my night when they played two of my favorite songs, Hands All Over and Jesus Christ Pose. Those tunes, to me, are classic Soundgarden -- very Seattle grunge-sounding. And like you said, Outshined, another vintage grunge song, was great too. It's another of my favorites, as is The Day I Tried to Live, which sounded awesome.

I was in the GA section. It was pretty full, but I stood halfway back and was very comfortable.

I don't know too much about Coheed and Cambria, so I can't comment on them, except to say that it must be tough to play when more than half the audience aren't in their seats yet. I could tell they were trying, though.

Glad to hear Soundgarden sounded good, I wasn't thrilled with them at Lollapalooza last year. I'm assuming they were still rusty then, though.

I remember reading your review. Because of it, I wasn't expecting much last night. Thankfully they came through, IMHO.

:)

It made my night when they played two of my favorite songs, Hands All Over and Jesus Christ Pose. Those tunes, to me, are classic Soundgarden -- very Seattle grunge-sounding. And like you said, Outshined, another vintage grunge song, was great too. It's another of my favorites, as is The Day I Tried to Live, which sounded awesome.

I was in the GA section. It was pretty full, but I stood halfway back and was very comfortable.

:)

I was in section 7, since i cant really be in a GA anymore (im only 5'7 + eye problems) so i always get seats when i can... or i stay away from the movement of a pit... o well haha

but they were really excellent, loved the moving lights and the screen in the background with all the cool crap on it

Burden In My Hand is one of top favorites, and was happy it played live very well... i realized this morning, they didn't play Pretty Noose, o well haha

on a side note, its funny watching people moving in synchronization with the music and have trouble because of Soundgarden's odd time signatures...

That was my 4th time seeing Coheed, and they sounded eh, but thats cuz the mix sucked... seeing them @ Starland a few weeks ago... they were excellent..

and ive been in the position where few people are there to see your band... its not a fun experience at all, you feel like no one cares, but its part of the music life

Next up is Weezer/Flaming Lips in late July

Then Blink 182, In early august.. and my girlfriend tells me Alien Ant Farm is playing in the city on the 6th,.. so what the hell haha

Edited by Microwavepizza

:thumbsup: same here, throwing in STP at the Pony in between I think

id love to see STP again, (Dysfunctional Family Picnic 4.0, Family Values and PNC 2 years ago) but i cant that day but they ARE real good live if you haven't seen em yet

i forgot about Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish on August 2nd! woo

:thumbsup: same here, throwing in STP at the Pony in between I think

Hold the fvcking phone ... STP at the PONY?! Like, the actual Pony? Or some stage set up outdoors in Asbury that promoters are just calling the Pony in a phony attempt to drum up interest? 'Cause if it's the former and not the latter, I'm gonna need to rearrange my schedule.

Also, looks like I'm headed to the HFStival down here in Maryland this September. I'm only going because Clutch and Flogging Molly are playing. There are a bunch of other acts on the bill that I know nothing about. Anyone care to shed some light on the following? ...

The Avett Brothers, Dr. Dog, Minus the Bear, Diane Birch, Lionize, Pasadena, Justin Trawick Group, Funkmnkyz, Middle Distance Runner, Lloyd Dobler Effect, Tennis System, Vessel

I think most of them are local bands. I saw Lionize as an opening act once and they seemed OK. Oh yeah, and the Gin Blossoms are gonna be there too. Time to party like it's 1993!

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Maybe a little heavier then what you guys listen to but anyone know Amon Amarth? There in Sayerville in August will be there.

It says it's at the Pony outdoor summer stage :noclue:

Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

STP is an amazing live band. First real concert I ever saw was them opening for the Chili Peppers at the Arts Center back in 2000. RHCP is a damn fine live act, but STP completely blew them out of the water. Happiness is hearing Crackerman live.

Hold the fvcking phone ... STP at the PONY?! Like, the actual Pony? Or some stage set up outdoors in Asbury that promoters are just calling the Pony in a phony attempt to drum up interest? 'Cause if it's the former and not the latter, I'm gonna need to rearrange my schedule.

Also, looks like I'm headed to the HFStival down here in Maryland this September. I'm only going because Clutch and Flogging Molly are playing. There are a bunch of other acts on the bill that I know nothing about. Anyone care to shed some light on the following? ...

The Avett Brothers, Dr. Dog, Minus the Bear, Diane Birch, Lionize, Pasadena, Justin Trawick Group, Funkmnkyz, Middle Distance Runner, Lloyd Dobler Effect, Tennis System, Vessel

I think most of them are local bands. I saw Lionize as an opening act once and they seemed OK. Oh yeah, and the Gin Blossoms are gonna be there too. Time to party like it's 1993!

I enjoy Avett Brothers, they're kinda country-tinged indie rock. Look up "Kick Drum Heart" and "I and Love and You"...Minus The Bear is good as well, check out "Pacucha Sunrise," "Monkey!!! Knife!!! Fight!!!," and "My Time," though I don't think they play MKF live anymore. The rest, I can't help you with.

id love to see STP again, (Dysfunctional Family Picnic 4.0, Family Values and PNC 2 years ago) but i cant that day but they ARE real good live if you haven't seen em yet

i forgot about Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish on August 2nd! woo

Hah, I've actually seen STP at two of those shows as well, DFP and PNC...actually seen them at PNC twice...one they were incredibly late for an Scott was pretty obviously fvcked up...the other was Labor Day last year and there was hardly anyone there.

Hah, I've actually seen STP at two of those shows as well, DFP and PNC...actually seen them at PNC twice...one they were incredibly late for an Scott was pretty obviously fvcked up...the other was Labor Day last year and there was hardly anyone there.

haha yeab the DFP show, Scott was wearing a dress with makeup smeared all over his face, and i was so pissed how late he was at the PNC show... i wish Filter kept playing, cuz that would be have been awesome

At Family Values a bunch of years ago, they headined with Linkin Park, Staind, Static-X and Deadsy and were amazing.

They had 2 different sets, a rock one, and acoustic. Just an epic epic show

My friend went to a few shows and he said they always open with Crackerman, Vasoline, and Sex Type Thing... which is so many different kinds of awesome.

Crackerman was my favorite STP tune back with I first saw them, but since it wasn't such a big radio hit I was afraid they might not play it in a shortened opening set. When they stormed out of the gate with it, I needed a new pair of shorts. Cloud 9.

And I was at that Family Values show in Philly with Staind (awful), Static-X (awesome) and Linkin Park (surprised me with how good they were ... wasn't expacting much). The acoustic set was sick. I was also at that PNC show with the huge delay too. There was an interview on Opie and Anthony (who emceed the show) where they described the scene backstage. Apparently Weiland was holed up in his trailer with some woman, and the two Jersey-born DeLeo brothers were flipping out screaming "You're not gonna pull this sh!t in my hometown!"

And thanks for the tips, lastone! I'm gonna have to check those tunes out.

And I was at that Family Values show in Philly with Staind (awful), Static-X (awesome) and Linkin Park (surprised me with how good they were ... wasn't expacting much). The acoustic set was sick. I was also at that PNC show with the huge delay too. There was an interview on Opie and Anthony (who emceed the show) where they described the scene backstage. Apparently Weiland was holed up in his trailer with some woman, and the two Jersey-born DeLeo brothers were flipping out screaming "You're not gonna pull this sh!t in my hometown!"

Staind was awful, but Deadsy was much much worse... i saw them years later when they opened for The Deftones @ Starland.. and they were just as horribad as i remember they were

haha Weiland is nuts.. and im not surprised at all by that story, but i did expect it to be something to do with drugs/drinking

but yeah, i love STP live, too bad i can't go to the "Pony" show

I was also at that PNC show with the huge delay too. There was an interview on Opie and Anthony (who emceed the show) where they described the scene backstage. Apparently Weiland was holed up in his trailer with some woman, and the two Jersey-born DeLeo brothers were flipping out screaming "You're not gonna pull this sh!t in my hometown!"

And thanks for the tips, lastone! I'm gonna have to check those tunes out.

That's right, I remember hearing that as well. I was there with Amanda, we legitimately thought there was going to be a riot and started heading towards the gates just in case, and on our way up, they finally started. (BTW, they had some fvckin nerve opening the set with Big Empty..."time to wait too long"...)

And no prob...I can't explain why, but I feel like you're gonna really like Minus The Bear.