Concerts

Devils Dose

Woo summer concerts!

5/18- I Can Make A Mess (Ace Enders) in NYC

June 24-26 - Dave Matthews Band festival in Atlantic City. I'll be seeing DMB 3 times along with Damien Marley, Warren Haynes Band, OAR, David Gray, Ray Lamontagne, Guster, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, and a crap load of other bands...

Man I was pumped about seeing the Big 4 show at Yankee Stadium in September (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax), but after seeing the ticket prices, I don't know.

Front G.A. floor: $225

Back G.A. floor: $175

Reserved lower level seats: $119

Upper deck reserved seats: $90

Outrageous.

Man I was pumped about seeing the Big 4 show at Yankee Stadium in September (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax), but after seeing the ticket prices, I don't know.

Outrageous.

wow...im not going now... thats CRAZY expensive..

I'd love to go to the Yankee Stadium show but I agree, I just can't make it at those prices.

I was fortunate enough to have a friend take me to Three Days Grace and Avenged Sevenfold in Wilkes-Barre last Friday which was awesome and my bro spotted me a ticket for Combichrist and Rammstein at the Izod on Thursday.

Saw Hollerado (indie power-pop from Canada) at Mercury Lounge about two weeks ago. That was awesome, and if there's any justice in this world, they'll blow up soon.

My current concert schedule is very tentative at best:

5/28 - Third Eye Blind/Good Charlotte/Soul Asylum, Mountain Creek Lodge, Vernon, NJ

6/14 - Decemberists/Best Coast, Prospect Park, Brooklyn, NY

6/18 - Shades Apart, Maxwell's, Hoboken, NJ

7/7 - Bouncing Souls, Highline Ballroom, NYC (performing self-titled and Hopeless Romantic)

7/28 - Weezer/Flaming Lips/Yeasayer, PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

8/5-8/7 - Lollapalooza, Grant Park, Chicago, IL

The only one of these I have tickets for so far is Lolla. But I think Bouncing Souls will definitely happen, and Weezer/FLips. Beyond that, who knows.

Going to see Tomas Kalnoky of Streetlight Manifesto tomorrow night at Joe's Pub in NYC. Hes doing his last acoustic tour apparently so I had to make the time to go see him. Should be awesome.

5/28 - Third Eye Blind/Good Charlotte/Soul Asylum, Mountain Creek Lodge, Vernon, NJ

I grew up in Vernon and still live 15 min away. Word to the wise....its going to be packed with little brats and sh!theads. Get there early, they will also over sell.

7/7 - Bouncing Souls, Highline Ballroom, NYC (performing self-titled and Hopeless Romantic)

I think I'm going to the show in Philthy because my friends are opening for them. Maybe I will go to both, depends on how the Dave weekend goes....

I think I'm going to the show in Philthy because my friends are opening for them. Maybe I will go to both, depends on how the Dave weekend goes....

To hell with Philadelphia and your friends, come to this show! (Okay, not to hell with your friends, that's pretty neat actually). Amanda and I are probably going into the city early and hanging out; if you guys go to this show maybe we can all meet for dinner or something. It'd be fun!

Childish Gambino has two shows in NYC in late May, and I really want to go, but both are totally sold out on Ticketmaster and tickets are going for absurd amounts on Stubhub and such ($70 for a $20 GA ticket).

I also want to see Against Me! in June in either Philly or NYC, which is looking like it's actually going to happen at this point.

RSC, I feel your pain on Childish Gambino. I was trying to go to that show as well but looks like it's not going to happen. Right now, the only concert I have tickets for in the next month or two is Murder by Death on a party boat in NY harbor which should be extremely cool and different. Also, I plan on seeing Beirut at some point this summer if at all possible.

Outrageous.

From what I saw today, the Front GA Floor (called GA VIP Floor) was/is only available in the Legends Club Package One, $370.50 each (total after charges).

The Back GA Floor (listed as GA Floor) was not available at all today as far as I could tell, unless maybe it sold out right away.

There was/is a Legends Club Package Two for $268.40 each (total). The best seats that came up for me in that package were in Sec. 130.

After that, the $134.65 (total) and $105 (total) tickets were for seats way way back opposite the stage.

I want to go to this show, but only if I can get on the floor. And right now, I can't see myself shelling out $370 to do that.

Saw Soundgarden last summer at Lollapalooza and was kind of disappointed.

That said, if I lucked into cheap/free tickets at the Rock, I'd see them again. They just seemed rusty last year, I'm sure they'll sound much better during a full tour. Plus, Coheed opening is pretty worth it.

Not anymore they won't http://festivalforhumanity.com/

Sonofabitch.

Welp. Maybe I'll head up to the almost-as-ridiculously titled B.O.M.B. Fest in Hartford that weekend now after all. Or just save money entirely and not go to any shows.

There's something that makes me laugh a little inside about a headline line "Festival for Humanity Canceled" though.

• 3 weeks later...

yes the floor is GA, enjoy! ill be at that show too in section 7 (id go into GA but due to medical stuff... can never go in a pit again)

i also got tickets to Weezer/Flaming Lips @ PNC as well as Streetlight Manifesto/Reel Big Fish @ Starland

maybe Blink 182 @ PNC depending on my girlfriend haha

id go to Foo Fighters @ the CAA (i refuse to call it what it is now) but i couldnt get where i wanted due to a really quick sell out... o well

a really good summer for concerts

not sure if i can do this here, but i have 2 tix to Blink 182 @ PNC Bank Arts Center

Section 201, Row D Seats 50-51 that im selling (my girlfriend got better seats) so im selling these at FACE Value,

$168 for the pair (i'm making zero profit)

PM me if you're interested