Bryce Salvador medically cleared for off-ice workouts

soulartist23

I...kinda hope he doesn't come back, just retires.

I like the guy a lot, I wish him the best as a person, but for the devils...he was solid for us when he played, but I just can't see him coming back at any level close to what he used to bring. After, what, a full year of essentially sitting (not working out on - or off - the ice)?

Something tells me he will just retire which would be the smart thing to do.

If he retires he forfeits all his money. If he tries to rehab but can't get clearance he gets his 2.9 million. The latter would be his preferred scenario, I would guess.

From a team point of view too, having to deal with his salary would be a nightmare too......

I wish him well, but wish we could stuff him on IR and let him live out his life.......

If he retires he forfeits all his money. If he tries to rehab but can't get clearance he gets his 2.9 million. The latter would be his preferred scenario, I would guess.

Yeah but its not always about the money. As long as he can be healthy and enjoy his life with his family thats all that matters.

isn't this the last year of his contract anyway? I agree that he, like other guys before him, will not be the same guy they were earlier on. Defensemen get rocked occasionally. He might be thinking about that everytime he retrieves a dump in

Yeah but its not always about the money. As long as he can be healthy and enjoy his life with his family thats all that matters.

I believe Salvador can have both the money and the life and family. Would you choose just the life and family if you could have that plus the money?

Something tells me he will just retire which would be the smart thing to do.

But god damn would I love to see him back on the ice. He was/is a huge part of our D. I miss watching him play.

Agreed. Great player and one of the only complete D-man we had left.