GDT Devils @ Coyotes 8pm EST

'7'

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty had actually been pretty good lately...5-1-2 with a .920 save% in his last 8 (I posted this in the last GDT thread, and that surprised me too).  But I'm not going to lie...I wasn't thrilled to see that he was getting the start in this one.  I just wish Pete would let Schneider run with the damned job already. 

I can't wait for some idiot to talk about how Marty has kept us in it making big saves or some retarded sh!t. This game was over in the first because of Marty.

If a 2-0 deficit in the first (with the period ending 2-1) is enough to sink the Devils, then that's not much of a commentary on the Devils' offense. 

Looking like 1-1-2 on the road trip...NHL .500, it's not sexy, but I'll take it. 

Hey, there's a goal...not dead yet.

Can't tell if your joking.

im not joking at all.. yea he let in three goals and atleast 2 of the three he should have had... but in general the team has scoring issues clearly... again you are not going to be successful with only scoring one goal a game... but on a better note jagr just put us with in reach so lets hope someone can net another and get us to OT

you cant put this game on marty.. you're not going to win games by scoring one damn goal a game all the time... thats this teams biggest issue no one scores goals..

And as a team offensively challenged, you can't be playing from behind on the road when your goaltender puts you down 1-0 with a softie.

The whole teams to blame in this one. Ill give brodeur the 3rd one, but the other 2 were very soft. I really hope lou wakes up and realizes petes an idiot and can dump salvador, even its for a bag of pucks.

What? The whole team is to blame? I'm sorry what?

We don't score a lot, its not a problem of effort or dedication and hard work, we don't have the talent. We play a system right now that will keep us in tight games, that's the only way we are going to win.

Then marty lets in 2 goals in the first like 10min. That is INCREDIBLY deflating, and it forces us to play a type of hockey that isn't suited to our personnel.

This loss is on marty 100percent, if you think it's on anyone else then you clearly don't understand the game.

im not joking at all.. yea he let in three goals and atleast 2 of the three he should have had... but in general the team has scoring issues clearly... again you are not going to be successful with only scoring one goal a game... but on a better note jagr just put us with in reach so lets hope someone can net another and get us to OT

Did the devils get outplayed? What was the difference in this game? Oh the terrible goal tending. Stop talking about lack of scoring, we don't have the skill at forward, we do howfvckingever have a capable goal tender who wasn't playing tonight.

Did the devils get outplayed? What was the difference in this game? Oh the terrible goal tending. Stop talking about lack of scoring, we don't have the skill at forward, we do howfvckingever have a capable goal tender who wasn't playing tonight.

again it really doesnt matter though.. if you're not scoring goals you're not winning any hockey games i dont care what you say.

again it really doesnt matter though.. if you're not scoring goals you're not winning any hockey games i dont care what you say.

We have a chance in every game when we get good goal tending. That is one of our teams strengths, we just traded for a top 5 goal tender. we are a low scoring team, but what matters is goal differential not how many you score.

See my previous post, if marty doesn't let up those 2 bullsh!t goals we win this game 2-1.

Edited by Sneax

If a 2-0 deficit in the first (with the period ending 2-1) is enough to sink the Devils, then that's not much of a commentary on the Devils' offense. 

Yeah kind of agree with this. Brodeur sucked tonight on all 3 goals in my opinion. But 1 goal on 34 shots? The BIGGER problem this year has been offense. Guys can't score. Schneider has done a better job masking the problem during his starts by keeping games close and stealing us points.

If you're going to complain about soft goals putting pressure on the offense, imagine how the goalies must feel knowing they've got to stop 96% of the shots to get a win.

We have a chance in every game when we get good goal tending. That is one of our teams strengths, we just traded for a top 5 goal tender. we are a low scoring team, but what matters is goal differential not how many you score.

See my previous post, if marty doesn't let up those 2 bullsh!t goals we win this game 2-1.

theres no way of telling if cory would have let up 2 or more goals either.. i see what your trying to do but all game long they only had one goal.. at best they would have atleast been tied up and if nothing happened in ot they wouldve lost in the shootout anyways

theres no way of telling if cory would have let up 2 or more goals either.. i see what your trying to do but all game long they only had one goal.. at best they would have atleast been tied up and if nothing happened in ot they wouldve lost in the shootout anyways

How about Corey is the better more consistent goalie, that's how we fvcking know he wouldn't be letting up 3 goals tonight. There were maybe 2 difficult saves that marty had to make tonight, cory could have stopped both of them same as broduer. The difference is Corey 99.99999% of the time isn't giving up the 2 softies marty let up.

Yeah kind of agree with this. Brodeur sucked tonight on all 3 goals in my opinion. But 1 goal on 34 shots? The BIGGER problem this year has been offense. Guys can't score. Schneider has done a better job masking the problem during his starts by keeping games close and stealing us points.

If you're going to complain about soft goals putting pressure on the offense, imagine how the goalies must feel knowing they've got to stop 96% of the shots to get a win.

Devils don't have much margin for error in most games...ain't nothing new. 

I don't want to put the entire loss on Marty, but at the same time, I have a real hard time understanding why he got the start tonight, even if his numbers over his last 8 GP were solid at a glance. 

How about Corey is the better more consistent goalie, that's how we fvcking know he wouldn't be letting up 3 goals tonight. There were maybe 2 difficult saves that marty had to make tonight, cory could have stopped both of them same as broduer. The difference is Corey 99.99999% of the time isn't giving up the 2 softies marty let up.

Fine if you're pissed about the softies, everyone is, but he made some pretty tough saves too.  Not pretending it was a great game for Marty overall...it definitely wasn't, but you're "maybe 2 difficult saves" comment isn't really accurate.

how bout you dont know youre guessing that cory would have made the saves marty didnt... again you dont win games by scoring one goal..we were lucky jagr even got that second in the end because we had a man up from pulling the goalie.. take a deep breath theres no need to get nasty with me about it.. im just as frustrated as anyone else here Edited by Sik02gt

Devils don't have much margin for error in most games...ain't nothing new. 

I don't want to put the entire loss on Marty, but at the same time, I have a real hard time understanding why he got the start tonight, even if his numbers over his last 8 GP were solid at a glance. 

Agree. Didn't mean YOU were complaining about soft goals. More other posters. Damn ambiguous message boards.

I hope Pete realizes that Schneider gives the team the best chance to win and goes with him the bulk of the remaining games. I still think the offence blows but that's been the story all year. At least with hopefully amazing goaltending we can salvage a playoff spot.

Tonight was NOT a good night standings-wise.

Fine if you're pissed about the softies, everyone is, but he made some pretty tough saves too.  Not pretending it was a great game for Marty overall...it definitely wasn't, but you're "maybe 2 difficult saves" comment isn't really accurate.

Every starting goal tender in the league makes all the saves marty had to make tonight, with relative ease, outside of maybe 2. I stand by that. Being alert and in position for a goalie shouldn't be hard, and the vast majority of saves marty made today only required that.

Agree. Didn't mean YOU were complaining about soft goals. More other posters. Damn ambiguous message boards.

I hope Pete realizes that Schneider gives the team the best chance to win and goes with him the bulk of the remaining games. I still think the offence blows but that's been the story all year. At least with hopefully amazing goaltending we can salvage a playoff spot.

Tonight was NOT a good night standings-wise.

Devils have 18 home games and 12 road games remaining.  Schedule doesn't get much more favorable than that.  I continue to feel that the Devils have to get to 10 games over NHL .500 to have a shot at the playoffs.  Basically, something along the lines of 19-10-1, 18-9-3, 17-8-5, etc. the rest of the way.  Probably doesn't happen unless they find a way to win a few shootouts. 

Schneider hopefully gets at least 20 games (and plays well in most of them), and picks up his shootout play.  Devils just aren't going to score consistently enough to offset any extended meh stretches on Schneider's part.  Sucks that he'll have to be near-perfect a lot of nights, but he doesn't have much choice.  He's probably going to have to be the guy to carry the team into the playoffs.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

how bout you dont know sh!t your guessing that cory would have made the saves marty didnt... again you dont win games by scoring one goal..we were lucky jagr even got that second in the end because we had a man up from pulling the goalie.. take a deep breath theres no need to get bitchy with me about it.. im just as frustrated as anyone else here

Is it guessing? Sure you could call it that.

If I said the penguins were going to make the play offs, that would be guessing to. But you wouldn't question it. You know why? Because their play and their record dictate that they are clearly going to make the playoffs.

Schneider's play and his stats this year dictate that he is the far better goalie, and it stands to reason that him being in net results in a more favorable outcome tonight for us.

And given that the 2 soft fvcking goals marty let up could be stopped by basically every goalie in the league, I would venture to guess that the top 10 goalie Mr. Schneider would have made those fvcking saves.

But I don't know sh!t so what ever.

Is it guessing? Sure you could call it that.

If I said the penguins were going to make the play offs, that would be guessing to. But you wouldn't question it. You know why? Because their play and their record dictate that they are clearly going to make the playoffs.

Schneider's play and his stats this year dictate that he is the far better goalie, and it stands to reason that him being in net results in a more favorable outcome tonight for us.

And given that the 2 soft fvcking goals marty let up could be stopped by basically every goalie in the league, I would venture to guess that the top 10 goalie Mr. Schneider would have made those fvcking saves.

But I don't know sh!t so what ever.

well atleast you realize that youre guessing and you dont know anything.. good for you taking steps in the right direction with yourself!

well atleast you realize that youre guessing and you dont know anything.. good for you taking steps in the right direction with yourself!

Step 1: Read points

Step 2: ignore them and continue to be fvcking stupid

Edited by Sneax