NHL Awards: FAR EAST MOVEMENT

Sharifijanov2099

Umm, did anyone see "Far East Movement" perform last night? Wow. The NHL sure knows how to attract the talent to its endeavors. They need to break away from their usual "Oh, this band likes hockey [5 for Fighting, Nickelback, etc.] so let's have them play!" Dunno if that's the case with Far East, but wow, I was shocked at how terrible it was. A must-see.

What were they thinking? They could have gotten like the Foo Fighters or some big name but they decided to get that garbage? Unbelievable. Also, next year, invest in people who know about hockey to give awards out.....at one point these two women, dont know who they were, gave Marty St Louis an award and pronounced his name ST LOUIS as in the location. Jay Mohr......not funny. Get him out of there and someone decent to replace him.

The only good person that came out was Jon Hamm and he knew his sh!t and trash talked a little for the Blues (his team). Funny stuff.

It should be fun for the players as well as us fans to watch because its at the point to relax before camp starts up and everything again.

I changed the channel when they were supposed to perform. Missed it completely. Thank god.

You have to watch it. Look for it on Youtube. It's must-see trainwreck material. The combination of bad grammar ("if i was you") with the follow up "O.M.G." are a can't miss combo. Plus, the hundred pound lead singer's curious gyrations and flailing arms... like I said, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oruKIJcLfB4

You have to watch it. Look for it on Youtube. It's must-see trainwreck material. The combination of bad grammar ("if i was you") with the follow up "O.M.G." are a can't miss combo. Plus, the hundred pound lead singer's curious gyrations and flailing arms... like I said, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oruKIJcLfB4

"You aint a dime...you a silva dolla." was my favorite part. Not to mention the use of the auto tuner....

How about the two blonde bimbos from that Housewives show saying "Martin St. Lewis" for the Lady Bing Tropghy. :doh1: Someone should have told them that it is Martin St. Louis. lol.

THATS WHAT IM SAYING! Who were those two fvck heads?

and sorry I spelt it wrong....they said "You aint a dime...YOUS a silva dolla." Cant forget to put the s on you.

i thought the highlights were Ian Laperriere winning the Masterton and Cory Perry's speech at the end where he and his parents got emotional

They seriously need another host though to mic the event

Yeah Cory Perry at the end was something special. Kinda touched my heart also. First his mom crying and then as soon as Cory looked over at her you can hear it in his voice.

Its nice to see sometimes players get emotional over the sport that they love so much. So many people think that they are just idiots going out there banging into eachother but they go out there eveyr night with their hearts and souls on the ice.

Yeah Cory Perry at the end was something special. Kinda touched my heart also. First his mom crying and then as soon as Cory looked over at her you can hear it in his voice.

Its nice to see sometimes players get emotional over the sport that they love so much. So many people think that they are just idiots going out there banging into eachother but they go out there eveyr night with their hearts and souls on the ice.

its funny because on the opposite end of the spectrum you have daniel sedin who shows no emotion and looks like he had a stick up his butt

I was at work so I recorded it. I watched the first 10-15 seconds or so of Far East Movement in speechless bewilderment until I realized I could fast forward through it. And yea, this event needs to rid itself of Jay Mohr. It was cool to see Kevin Smith up there though, especially because he was able to keep it real and wasn't like almost everyone else, just reading stuff they had no idea about off a teleprompter. Also Luc Robitaille looks like he has not aged at all since he retired.

I was at work so I recorded it. I watched the first 10-15 seconds or so of Far East Movement in speechless bewilderment until I realized I could fast forward through it. And yea, this event needs to rid itself of Jay Mohr. It was cool to see Kevin Smith up there though, especially because he was able to keep it real and wasn't like almost everyone else, just reading stuff they had no idea about off a teleprompter. Also Luc Robitaille looks like he has not aged at all since he retired.

Yeah Kevin Smith - "Keepin' it Real" in a Bruins Jersey!

Did I miss something or did he not put his money where his mouth is?

.... and I thought Jay Mohr was good - hard to find a comic other than Denis Leary who cares enough about hockey to host the event - much less use relevant material in his humor

I think the Far East Losers could have cared less what Awards Event they were on .... as long as they were on TV. Who did the NHL really think they were marketing to with that move? How much bad hip-hop, pop-hop do you hear at a hockey game these days? Wrong Audience.

Edited by DevilinLA

Yeah Kevin Smith - "Keepin' it Real" in a Bruins Jersey!

Did I miss something or did he not put his money where his mouth is?

Who cares if he wore a Bruins jersey? It's not like he went out there in a Rangers or Flyers jersey. The team just won the Cup and it was obviously part of that little skit or whatever with the woman he was presenting with being from Vancouver.