Devils-Flyers Game Thread

NJDevs4978

We've needed to win a lot of games and every time we lose. You think we could have beat the Flyers once. I really think it is time Burns goes. It seems Burns' locker room stuff has no affect on this team.

This team is the same team as last year but were just not performing. If we win every game in the rest of the season we still wouldn't have as many points as last year. That says a lot.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No they complain down in Philly even more. Believe me or I can show you one of their forums.

But Philly tends to choke in the playoffs where the Devils tend to do well.

-Scott

Exactly, they have a reason to complain, they still win and go to the playoffs but constantly choke. What do we have to complain about, we should of beat anaheim in less games? c'mon now

They blow leads, cant score clutch goals, when they do score its a sloppy/lucky goal, can never get the good bounces, keep getting hurt.

Yes, that goal where Elias jumped over the defender last night was "lucky". It was "lucky" that the puck came free because Stevenson was just being lazy, then it was "lucky" the Gomez' seemingly random pass actually went to Elias, and it was "lucky" that Elias' legs magically propelled him into the air, and it was "lucky" that the puck slid to his backhand and went in the net. Take your blinders off. Esche played extremely well that game. The Flyers goals were the lucky ones. Yeah, the goal Gomez scored was lucky, too, but at least it came from a good setup.

Hale played an excellent game, He was our most physical dmen. Hale did not screen Brodeur, he was 4 feet left of Brodeurs path and we just got a bad break. Hrdina was the best forward all game, I thought he excelled at all ends of the ice. Bicek was also great in a limited role.

I thought this game was very encouraging because we took it to them for most of the game, we just didn't get the breaks. You tell me Philly doesn't want to play with team healthy :)

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I dunno. I am sticking to my original thought. I hope we get the Flyers in the first round. They'll come in cocky as hell, considering their recent success against us. And after all, it is the Flyers (a little different with Hitch behind the boards). We have their playoff number. Same with the Leafs. When is the last time either had playoff success against us. Screw 'em. Bring 'em on.

I'll take our chances...Stevens or no Stevens. Well,... :unsure: maybe I won't go that far.

Why does it seem that every ok or mediocore goalie seems to play great excellent amazing games ONLY against the devils?

Becasue Esche isn't mediocore....the guy is an amazing young goaltender, it seems Devils fans want to look through that point all the time. Esche is a goaltender that could lead Philly to a cup.

Everyone who is saying this season is over and we're going to have a first round exit needs to:

A) Shut the hell up

B) If you truly feel that way stop wasting space on the board and start watching college bb or spring training and bitch about that.

C) All of the above

Every year it's the same thing:

Last year: Marsahll and Smelik at the deadline...that definitely meant a we weren't going to make it out of the first round. Newy goes down in the playoffs...it's over now for sure. Hey guess what we won the Cup. A lot of people on this board have a very short memory.

We had 4 major cogs in our machine out today; Stevens, Raffy, Gio, and Kozlov (5 if you count Igor :evil: ). There are a lot teams that have had injury problems this year and they have played through. Unfortunately we don't have the cash cow to replenish our team like the Flyers.

I truly believe the Devils can win the Cup; maybe not with the team that was onm the ice today; but a healthy Devils team I will put up against anyone.

So set back, enjoy the ride and SUPPORT OUR TEAM!

Hale played an excellent game, He was our most physical dmen. Hale did not screen Brodeur, he was 4 feet left of Brodeurs path and we just got a bad break.

A bad break? He deflected the puck past Marty from four feet away! Can't Hale do ANYTHING wrong, Haliens?

<JESTER>

He had a hard wrist shot fired at him, you are lucky he didn't get injured out there. No dmen can move out of the way of something like that. I thought Hale played extreamly well, 4 shots, atleast 4 hits, good play in all zones.

See on that coversation I agree with JD with what he said, but Melrose is an idiot. Making comparisons to other sports is nonsense, unless there are comparible situations. Show me when a baseball player intentionally put someone out for a while by throwing at them? If that was the case there would be simular penalities.

Show me when there was a spearing that broke someones neck in football?

I know Melrose is trying to defend his sports, but he is coming across wrong.

What about that time that dude Spike the QB I think it was McMahon right? That was pretty messed up so dont' tell me it DOESN'T happen in football!