Pretty good but how about this:

C- Mark Fraser

A- Johan Hedberg

A- Mattias Tedenby

A- Brian Rolston

A- John McLean

A- MantaRay

A- ???

What do you think? I'm not sure who to give the sixth A to yet, but I'm thinking Ken Klee (good veteran leader). Thoughts?

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

C- zach parise

A- david clarkson

A- anton volchenkov

A- dainus zubrus

A- ilya kovalchuk

Bad selection. No Elias? You'd list Clarkson over Zajac to?

Pretty good but how about this:

C- Mark Fraser

A- Johan Hedberg

A- Mattias Tedenby

A- Brian Rolston

A- John McLean

A- MantaRay

A- ???

What do you think? I'm not sure who to give the sixth A to yet, but I'm thinking Ken Klee (good veteran leader). Thoughts?

C Scott Gomez

A Trent Hunter

A ???

A Profit.

Am I doing this right?

Bad selection. No Elias? You'd list Clarkson over Zajac to?

I don't know what your hinting at? Point production means nothing to me in this scenario. Nothing against Zajac but I didn't see any astonishing leadership out of him, as matter of fact I saw really nothing out of anyone. I would LOVE to your selections.

No Elias??

Elias in reality would be in there but just as speculation I threw out volchenkov, clarkson, zubrus although not all of them would be in there. if i had the final call i'd say captain-parise assistant-elias assistant-kovalchuk assistant-zubrus/clarkson/volchenkov

First, thats a terrible selection and second, you can only have 2 A's and a C or 3 A's.

terrible selection...jeez..i'd just LOVE to know why people think a group of parise/kovalchuk/elias is so good? does anyone know what leadership any of these bring to the table? in the end...yeah i would believe its some kind of combination of those three.

in the end it should be leadership and being vocal and being able to kick the crap out of another player who through a cheapshot not a QUIET and consistent player. thats just what we need a QUIET locker room presence.

EDIT: when salmela got cheapshoted by carter i don't recall seeing anything or a few years back when pronger threw a elbow at parise.

Edited by Mayday

Terrible selection...jeez..i'd just LOVE to know why people think a group of parise/kovalchuk/elias is so good? does anyone know what leadership any of these bring to the table? in the end...yeah i would believe its some kind of combination of those three.

in the end it should be leadership and being vocal and being able to kick the crap out of another player who through a cheapshot not a QUIET and consistent player. thats just what we need a QUIET locker room presence.

Elias has put his time in, he knows the sport inside and out. Hes made appearances in all star games, the olympics and so on. Clarkson....has not.

If it comes down to a shoot out and the game is laying in your shoulders and you want advice....who would you go to about where and how you should take the shot...Elias or David Clarkson?

Dont get me wrong I like Clarkson, but the dude plays off that he is hitting and fighting when reality is, he is using them and the boards to hold his balance up.....

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

I don't know what your hinting at? Point production means nothing to me in this scenario. Nothing against Zajac but I didn't see any astonishing leadership out of him, as matter of fact I saw really nothing out of anyone. I would LOVE to your selections.

Elias in reality would be in there but just as speculation I threw out volchenkov, clarkson, zubrus although not all of them would be in there. if i had the final call i'd say captain-parise assistant-elias assistant-kovalchuk assistant-zubrus/clarkson/volchenkov

terrible selection...jeez..i'd just LOVE to know why people think a group of parise/kovalchuk/elias is so good? does anyone know what leadership any of these bring to the table? in the end...yeah i would believe its some kind of combination of those three.

EDIT: when salmela got cheapshoted by carter i don't recall seeing anything or a few years back when pronger threw a elbow at parise.

So you expected Clarkson to wear an "A" and everyone be all for it? He'll never wear an "A" on Jersey least not When we have everyone else Lou would pick over.

Lol bro, you're already behind. Shhh.

:whistling:

Volchenkov doesn't speak much of any english. He may dictate play with his hits, but if I'm trying to be "lead" by someone, I want to know what the fruit they're saying

i don't believe you know the meaning of a captain.

[

I'm wondering why you posted 6 "a's" that included David Clarkson and expected that you'd be taken seriously.

ahh crap let me call back the press release...these are suggestions. last year, and every year since the lockout the devils have been a team with zero leadership. i don't know how to take you seriously and believe that zajac is any better of a assistant then clarkson or elias any better than zubrus

How the heck do you pretend to know what goes on inside of the locker room? Dude, just quit.

i don't, i presume that leadership has been a problem by the lack of emotion and action by the langenbrunner. so mb3, why would you choose parise as a captain? zajac? does parise even want to be captain? i assume stuff just like you do

EDIT: look bud, I ain't got a problem with you at all. but you posted suggested captains, including players like Clarkson and Volchenkov, excluding players like Elias and Zajac.. let's just agree that it wasn't your best moment on the boards yet and move on.

look, if you can't accept an opinion don't go telling off on how wrong he is, its a opinion, an idea

why are volchenkov and clarkson so bad? omgee i need answers!

So you expected Clarkson to wear an "A" and everyone be all for it? He'll never wear an "A" on Jersey least not When we have everyone else Lou would pick over.

I don't expect him it would be interesting to see and I wouldn't against it entirely. Not all 21 players are all for every leadership selection. Never ever.

So according to your last statement everyone is over Clarkson, whys that?

Elias has put his time in, he knows the sport inside and out. Hes made appearances in all star games, the olympics and so on. Clarkson....has not.

If it comes down to a shoot out and the game is laying in your shoulders and you want advice....who would you go to about where and how you should take the shot...Elias or David Clarkson?

Dont get me wrong I like Clarkson, but the dude plays off that he is hitting and fighting when reality is, he is using them and the boards to hold his balance up.....

Posted Image

everything is true about elias. i was merely putting out some names that weren't really mentioned.

also, you don't have to go to a captain or assistant for advice.

Edited by Mayday

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

I don't expect him it would be interesting to see and I wouldn't against it entirely. Not all 21 players are all for every leadership selection. Never ever.

So according to your last statement everyone is over Clarkson, whys that?

A player like Elias will get the A over a player like Clarkson every time.

the bottom line:

You listed David Clarkson in your list of six alternate captains over Patrik Elias.

Credibility : gone

+1000

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

:doh1:

read the f'in post!

you need to open your eyes and see that its a suggestion.

and to say MY credibility is gone! :giggle:

Maybe to say it wasn't a good suggestion? Hm? Trying to give elderly devil fans a heart attack with Clarky wearing the "a"

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

the bottom line:

You listed David Clarkson in your list of six alternate captains over Patrik Elias.

Credibility : gone

You didn't read! Suggestions they were. you've added no valuable input to this debate. all you've done, and BiB, have replied with the same Clarkson over Elias! :huh:

In reality, just to clear it up

captain- Parise

assistant- Elias

assistant- Kovalchuk

assistant- Clarkson/Zubrus/Volchenkov

That what I expect to see(atleast the first three). Not totally what I would pick but what I think Lou will do.

If I had the choice as coach

captain-parise

assistant-kovalchuk

assistant-zubrus

assistant-elias

Elias is a tremendous leader. My thinkin is most vocal, hardest worker, die for the team=merit for the A or C

Maybe to say it wasn't a good suggestion? Hm? Trying to give elderly devil fans a heart attack with Clarky wearing the "a"

Your opinion, I respect it. Open your mind a bit

Edited by Mayday

You didn't read! Suggestions they were. you've added no valuable input to this debate. all you've done, and BiB, have replied with the same Clarkson over Elias! :huh:

captain- Parise

assistant- Elias

assistant- Kovalchuk

That what I expect to see(atleast the first three). Not totally what I would pick but what I think Lou will do.

captain-parise

assistant-kovalchuk

assistant-zubrus

assistant-elias

Elias is a tremendous leader. My thinkin is most vocal, hardest worker, die for the team=merit for the A or C

I'm pretty sure the Devils only use 3 A's if there is no captain. As far back as I can remember paying attention to captains (early 90's? something like that), there's always been a C and 2 A's in Jersey.

Most likely, it's C Parise, A Elias, A Kovalchuk. I wouldn't be shocked to see Zubrus or Zajac get an 'a' if one of those are hurt or something. Clarkson can't even skate, let alone lead.

You never want to give the "C" to a player who probably won't be here next year, so give Zach an "A".

Hey Troll

Are you going to put your money where your mouth is and follow up on the bet you said we would make? To refresh your memory, you said the Devils WOULD NOT make the playoffs this season. Loser of the bet will have their money donated to good ol' NJDEVS.COM

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

captain- Parise

assistant- Elias

assistant- Kovalchuk

captain-parise

assistant-kovalchuk

assistant-zubrus

assistant-elias

Make up your mind already

Make up your mind already

Just remembered that its 1 C 2 A or 3 A.

If you decided to read my post you'd see I had what I expect to see and what I would like to see.

The only problem I had with your post is that you listed Clarkson and didn't list Elias. Now you're listing Elias and getting upset with me for "not reading"?

my orginial post was a different scenario of leadership. of course elias will be there in reality but with the whole pattern of gutting the look of the team i created a list of leadership with a veteran not on it.

in the end A, C, or nothing Elias will hold the respect on the team with marty.

Edited by Mayday

• 1 month later...

Now with the season right around corner, lets get this topic going again.

I would like to see right now, after camp:

C: Elias

A: Kovalchuk/Parise

A: Tallinder

Tallinder has proven himself to be a great role model to the young sweds on the team. I know that he wont get it over Parise/Kovy but he should deff be in the running. He is taking Larsson under his wing and helping him not only adjust to the style of play/rink size here but how to live in general in a different country.

I am still sticking with my views on Elias being the only C on the team this year.