Will Stevens retire?

Guest Devsrule

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will Stevens retire?

• -Yes
    • -No

Guest Devsrule

This is not a matter of if he wants to return, its if he CAN return. You guys have been saying you "have faith" ever since he has been out, wasnt today enough for you???? He is done.

RD does speak truth. I voted with my heart, however if he truly is hurt bad enough that any amount of playing could risk worse injury, I wouldnt wish that on anyone.

As for seeing today and believing he is done...Im not sure what one has to do with the other. If he couldve been here, he wouldve. I think we can all agree to that.

belle,

its gonna be allright. its much better to (finally) lose to the Flyers now in the forst round after just winning a championship than it would be to lose in the Conference finals after many years of not getting close.

So we still rule the roost with Philly, just not at this moment.

Go Sens!

Of course, if he can play next year then I think he will.

I've said this a few times this past 2 weeks.

Stevens is 40 years old, and Ray Bourque was quoted as saying "It was so hard to regenerate your energy at 40 after each game." Stevens has won 3 Cups, had his body abused for about 20 years in the NHL. It's not like he's Lindros, age 31 with nothing to show. He would be stupid to risk another concussion and the well being of his life after hockey for one more shot at the glory he's ALREADY tasted.

I've said this a few times this past 2 weeks.

Stevens is 40 years old, and Ray Bourque was quoted as saying "It was so hard to regenerate your energy at 40 after each game." Stevens has won 3 Cups, had his body abused for about 20 years in the NHL. It's not like he's Lindros, age 31 with nothing to show. He would be stupid to risk another concussion and the well being of his life after hockey for one more shot at the glory he's ALREADY tasted.

hey EZ- yeah i gotta agree there- as much as the devils need stevens it just might not be feasible for him to come back

Whatever the situation may be (I'm still convinced there is a helluva lot we don't know), one has to put LIFE ahead of HOCKEY. And yes, Stevens is not getting any younger. As badly as he might want to lace up the skates, he needs to set his priorities in order. Maybe retirement is the best option for him, or maybe he still can crank out another solid year of hockey.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is this -- we won't know what he's up to until we know what's going on. Until then, it's pure speculation. I hate when people say 'He'll be back for game 5...6...7!' or "he's done! just face it!" because they don't know, unless they have the inside source...which I highly doubt.

the mystery surrounding it certainly makes one think that its more serious than if he comes back to hockey- sounds like he is dealing with much more

especially if there are no reports of his well being forthcoming, because his returning is no longer an issue

i do not believe think mike richter or pat lafontaine wanted to retire either...

thing is...they didn't have a choice. perhaps stevens will have that choice, perhaps he will not.

he's 40...he plays a very rugged game, he missed 44 games AND the playoffs...it does not look promising.

IF (and it really seems like when) he is cleared...will the fire to play still be there? sure its there right now, two days after the playoffs ended, he things he could have made a difference...lets see if this drags on for a while, lets see how he feels after the summer.

this man has accomplished everything in hockey you can accomplish, he's got the rings, he's got the money, his place in history is already set...

I vote NO, no matter what happens with the season. Scotty wont want to be remembered this way. He wouldnt want to go out on such a sour note. He'll come back. Ive got faith.  :D

Sour note?

He left mid-season after winning the cup...

That's not so sour.

Sour as in all this speculation media crap thats happened. Sour as in the way the whole situation was handled. I have to admit, its left a sour tatse in my mouth, the way we never knew if/when he would come back this year. Rumors galore. It was a mess.

When he left mid-season after winning the cup...if they had said then, he was done, and has to retire, yer right...it wouldnt have been a sour note at all.