Devils Vs. (previously) Undefeated Lightning

DevilMinder

I like where they stand now because there's a shadow of doubt that they might be coming back...so you've got the league lulled into the false sense of security but they're still a little scared in the back of their minds - now that makes for a dangerous team! Too bad it's so derned early in the season!

NOT that I want it to go faster! :evil:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that, while the offense is starting to click, this kind of game will still be the exception. I expect most of our victories to be by one or two goals simply because of the style of hockey we play.

But it's great to see the PP starting to kick in.

And I agree that balanced scoring is great. I expect Elias to pull away with the team lead in goals, but then the rest of the goal scoring will be fairly spread out.

By the way, is it just me, or does it seem like Madden and Brylin are really going to kick ass this season? I love these guys, and my next jersey is going to be one of them.

Joe B, as a Devils homer I understand where your head is at.

The Devils have allowed 11 goals in 7 games, Terrific outstanding, great job.

Now my point 7 or 8 of these 11 goals have been scored during the 3rd period.

So should there be a concern when almost 70% of the goals scored against are in the last period?

Is the Devils defense getting tired?

Is the opponent getting to figure out the Devils defense?

Is the Devils goalie tiring or not staying focused on the game.

Should there be a serious concern at this point, I think so Joe B but apparently you don't. Joe B, I bet Devils caoching and management are thinking about it.

Joe B, as for what Marty is thinking one doesn't have to be a hockey sciencetist or sports sciencetist to know that players want to make money, and their earnings power is based on outstanding achievements. So in the case of Marty this is very true, in addition he would like to break all goalie records as well as win as many games as possible. So for you to think that he isn't upset about the shutouts being lost in the 3rd period only suggest that you don't understand the money and record game of Marty or any other goalie in the professional business of hockey. Joe B he didn't have to tell me this, I know how he feels and if he doesn't something is wrong with him, but since he is so goalie record breaking minded I know what he is thinking or should be.

Of COURSE there are more goals being scored in the 3rd period.

This is when teams get desperate, start pinching more often, and the Devils offense is probably going into a bit of a shell also.

I don't think there's anything to be concerned about. Allowing 4 1st and 2nd period goals through 7 games is an achievement any way you look at it. If you do that consistently, you're going to win games. And the Devils have.

No concerns here. If you actually interpreted statistics through a wider perspective than "It's the Devils fault", maybe you wouldn't reach such dire conculsions.

The Devils will start giving up more goals in the first 2 periods, and lo and behold, they will probably give up less in the 3rd.. for the same exact reason they're giving up goals in the 3rd now: they'll be behind in the game.

Didn't take long for GR to get back to the same old same old. How sad, he almost looked even-handed the other night.

11 goals in 7 games is an accomplishment any way you cut it. And I'm not too happy when a Marty shutout gets ruined but sometimes you have to look at the big picture here.

Hasan4978, What was it the others said about you?

This is neat.

Hasan4978

Rookie Devil

Group: Members

Member No.: 63

Ignore

Post Ignored:

To unignore this member, please click the ignore link next to their name again