Wake up people!

LizDevil30

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how anyone who's into hockey can ever cheer for the Leafs. At least the Flyers play some good hockey. :blink:

Why is it such a big deal that people are rooting for the Leafs? I mean...why would DEVILS fans, who HATE the Flyers, root for Philadelphia? If you look at the two rivalries, I'd say the rivalry with Philly is bigger for us, especially after this latest series. We're hurting right now, we just lost to our hated rival, so most of us don't want to see them make it any further then they are. At LEAST Toronto has guys like AlMo and Nieuwy, guys who did us proud as Devils, guys that a lot of us respect.

i can't believe i'm watching this game and HOPING the leafs win.

i want Domi to do his Domi best on the Cryers and i hope Belfour's back feels ok.

goddamn that really just came out of my fingers.

-emily

Actually, I dislike Toronto for constantly outbidding Lou and stealing our players....

I don't know the exact details around Nieuwendyk; there seems to be a lot of stories (cell phone, Sportsnet, no offer from Lou... lots of stories to choose from), but the Mogilny case we know for sure. Mogilny was given a reasonable offer from Lou, but the Leafs offered him buckets of money that we just couldn't afford to match.

They also tried to steal Holik, but the Leaf's partner in crime of escalating the league salaries beyond Calgary's means, the Rangers outbid even them.

May I re-iterate: Go Ceiling Cave-In.

Edited by Don Whiting

Why do you hate rivalry? Hockey is supposed to be about rivalry. Of what value would the cup (or the game be) if the Devils just cruised to the finals? It's not all about the win, but also how you win it.

The rivalry's there for both teams but it's a little stronger for the Flyers, by the same token it's morally disgusting to root for either team but more so the Leafs - given those factors, as Sue more colorfully detailed in her piece for the front page, you really can't pick between one or the other (without the ESPN tiebreaker anyway). :P Just have to think of scenarios that they both can lose in :lol:

Uh... I was watching a boxing match last week. Wladimir Klitchko vs some unknown bum. It was supposed to be a gimmee fight. Well, this unknown guy just stood there getting punched in the face. Over and over, Klitchko punched him in the face. Punches landed in each round were like 45-5 for each of the first 5 rounds. By that point Klitchko was just so incredibly tired of wailing on the guy that he started letting his arms down so he couldn't defend his face. The so-called bum then lands a major shot to the chin and Klitchko goes down from there.

I think that's Calgary's game plan.

Through 2 periods, ESPN has shots 22-11 DET (9-9 after 13-2 in 1st by DET) and Kiprusoff has been the difference for Calgary.