Wake up people!

LizDevil30

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Esche does not impress me at all. The leafs just got to do a better job getting to the net. And they got to keep the Flyers from winning those board battles.

One thing that did strike me was how easy Leetch was able to draw two Flyers to him and then thread a perfect pass to Mogilny for a shot off the crossbar.

The leafs are gonna need Leetch to do more of that to win this series.

At least the other game is going to sudden death. Go Flames!

the one thing esche does leave is rebounds. that's where he can be beaten. the leafs lost this game early with two ineffective pp's and the weird flyer goals. kaberle and klee must play better in their end.

even weirder was how well kapanen played on d for the flyers. yes, you read right. sami kapanen was a d-man tonight and did a solid job. go figure.

anyway, let's go sharks!

Why do you hate rivalry? Hockey is supposed to be about rivalry. Of what value would the cup (or the game be) if the Devils just cruised to the finals? It's not all about the win, but also how you win it.

Where did I say I hated rivalry? I never said that...

You said:

"Why is it such a big deal that people are rooting for the Leafs? I mean...why would DEVILS fans, who HATE the Flyers, root for Philadelphia? If you look at the two rivalries, I'd say the rivalry with Philly is bigger for us, especially after this latest series."

:blink:

So what? Philly was bigger than us, and better. Why hate them? I'd understand the hatred of their fans, and a few players, but are the Leafs any better in that respect? Why not cheer for the better team, and most importantly, a team that doesn't whine everytime it loses? When the Leafs lose, it was because of the horrible officiating. When the Leafs win, it was because of a great game them played... :rolleyes:

I don't like the Flyers either, for the sole reason that they took out our team, but they played better than us. If they had played worse and got by us, trust me, I'd be the first to cheer for the Leafs. Anyway... I just don't understand the big deal that people are making about the Flyers. Their fans aren't even as vocal as the Leafs fans... I thought they were all dead in the 3rd period of tonight's game....