Favorite movies?

Nature's Minister

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, Definitely forgot Robin Hood - Men In Tights.

I forgot:

Fight Club

Sum of All Fears

JFK

LION KING! (Hell yeah folks)

Ghostbusters 1 and 2 (Can't get too much better than thus)

SCARFACE (I don't know how I forgot to mention that puppy)

AI

Toy Story 1 and 2

Old School

Office Space (Don't know how I forgot this one too)

Lost in Translation

Caddyshack

Bourne Identity

And I know this isn't a movie, but I need to add it:

Band of Brothers mini-series. 10 episodes. They rock people. I recommend everyone see this series.

Heh.

I didn't see "Fight Club" while it was in the main theatres. But I did go once it was in the cheap theatres... the $2 theatres where the popcorn is still $6, but the movie itself is cheap.

Anywho.... as you know Brad Pitt's character is a sometimes movie player who splices pictures into the film every now and again. Then in the middle of that scene the film starts flapping and the screen goes blank. I presumed that he didn't tape the film together correctly and we were seeing the result of his poor taping job. I thought it was all part of the movie until the manager came in and apologized because the projector malfunctioned and it would be back on in a minute.

Twas okay. The manager gave us coupons for 2 free movies. Woo. A whole $4!

Ehh, you people are reminding me of all the movies I forgot. But since you said them already, I digress.

Favorite Disney movie: Sleeping Beauty

Worst Disney movie: in the past 10 years there's been way too many bad ones. I might be the only one saying I hated Shrek...it grossed me out...they made him have pores...gross.

Not sure if these were Disney movies but the Spy Kids type of crap totally sucks and should be banned. And that damn Kangaroo movie....I hate it when they make animals talk and do human-like things.

Good recent Disney movies are the Toy Story movies. Talking toys I can deal, talking animals :kill:

how can you NOT like Shrek Hells !?!?? I'm disappointed.. that movie was so fresh....

so original.. so un-whored compared to most of Mike Meyers movies' (meaning it only

showed up in every OTHER commercial ;p)... don't get me wrong I liked all his movies

but Austin Powers 3: the Overkill (play half the freaking characters will you :P )

Shrek2 will proabably suck though.......

how can you NOT like Shrek Hells !?!?? I'm disappointed.. that movie was so fresh....

so original.. so un-whored compared to most of Mike Meyers movies' (meaning it only

showed up in every OTHER commercial ;p)... don't get me wrong I liked all his movies

but Austin Powers 3: the Overkill (play half the freaking characters will you :P )

Shrek2 will proabably suck though.......

Well, I'm not questioning the script, it was funny don't get me wrong...but he had pores...PORES...hell, they could have been blackheads for all I know. It just really grossed me out...what happened to the good old Disney movies with fairy tales, prince Charming, and not all this audacious, bold humor at every bend? Poor Walt's probably turning over in his grave. This new era of family cinema kind of goes hand in hand with kids wanting all their food to be sugary and colored....PURPLE KETCHUP??? Next thing you know they'll be injecting peas with hot orange food coloring just to get the kids to eat their damn vegetables...

Well, I'm not questioning the script, it was funny don't get me wrong...but he had pores...PORES...hell, they could have been blackheads for all I know. It just really grossed me out...what happened to the good old Disney movies with fairy tales, prince Charming, and not all this audacious, bold humor at every bend? Poor Walt's probably turning over in his grave. This new era of family cinema kind of goes hand in hand with kids wanting all their food to be sugary and colored....PURPLE KETCHUP??? Next thing you know they'll be injecting peas with hot orange food coloring just to get the kids to eat their damn vegetables...

they went a bit much on the details.. they all can't animate like South park :)

Well it had bold humor and he was a nice guy for an ogre... with layers :lol:

(besides I was reallllllly drunk when I first saw it.. that helped !!)

Walt's been turning in his grave since Eisner turned Disney into the Corporate Whore

that they are now ... so don't worry.. he's done more flips then Domenick Hasek !!

I've actually seen purple ketchup !! :blink:

Dey took oor jiioobs! Hopefully you understand that, Crasher, no one else got it last time I posted it.

Drunk while watching movies is always fun. When I went to see Pirates of the Carribean I brought my friend Jose Quervo with me, and when they got drunk on the island with the rum I thought it was hilarious. Great movie, by the way. Can't get enough of a dirty, drunken Johnny :uni: .

Forgot to mention Animal House. Good movie to bond over with my parents at least. Liked the South Park movie too..."Come, Wendy. Let us jump over the hilly brush and talk of memories past..."

Dey took oor jiioobs! Hopefully you understand that, Crasher, no one else got it last time I posted it.

Drunk while watching movies is always fun. When I went to see Pirates of the Carribean I brought my friend Jose Quervo with me, and when they got drunk on the island with the rum I thought it was hilarious. Great movie, by the way. Can't get enough of a dirty, drunken Johnny :uni: .

Forgot to mention Animal House. Good movie to bond over with my parents at least. Liked the South Park movie too..."Come, Wendy. Let us jump over the hilly brush and talk of memories past..."

I get it.. I just can't place the damn thing :D

when ya see one movie in theaters and god knows how many on TV cause ya can't

ever sleep.. SOMEtimes they blend :P

It used to be the only way I could go out drinking was sober up in the movie :)

so I took advantage... I still left Kung-pow RUNNING in fear after 15 minutes :P

yeah that movie was good which says something cause I tend to NOT like johnny

depp.. I blame Tim Burton.. and the girl in that movie whoooo boy !! :uni::evil:

yes Animal House was epic... South Park was the greatest use of Vulgarity EVER

in a movie (have both on DVD) !!! :hail::hail:

(I also have Season 8 on TiVo !)

Dey took oor jiioobs!  Hopefully you understand that, Crasher, no one else got it last time I posted it.

Drunk while watching movies is always fun.  When I went to see Pirates of the Carribean I brought my friend Jose Quervo with me, and when they got drunk on the island with the rum I thought it was hilarious.  Great movie, by the way.  Can't get enough of a dirty, drunken Johnny  :uni: .

Forgot to mention Animal House.  Good movie to bond over with my parents at least.  Liked the South Park movie too..."Come, Wendy.  Let us jump over the hilly brush and talk of memories past..."

I get it.. I just can't place the damn thing :D

when ya see one movie in theaters and god knows how many on TV cause ya can't

ever sleep.. SOMEtimes they blend :P

It used to be the only way I could go out drinking was sober up in the movie :)

so I took advantage... I still left Kung-pow RUNNING in fear after 15 minutes :P

yeah that movie was good which says something cause I tend to NOT like johnny

depp.. I blame Tim Burton.. and the girl in that movie whoooo boy !! :uni::evil:

yes Animal House was epic... South Park was the greatest use of Vulgarity EVER

in a movie (have both on DVD) !!! :hail::hail:

(I also have Season 8 on TiVo !)

I love that chicks lips in Pirates...hopefully she has a name, can't think of it.

Beavis and Butthead Do America was alright-was watching it last night on t.v-love it when Butthead says "hey baby".

It's 2 in the morning... :blink:

I love that chicks lips in Pirates...hopefully she has a name, can't think of it.

Beavis and Butthead Do America was alright-was watching it last night on t.v-love it when Butthead says "hey baby".

It's 2 in the morning... :blink:

Her name matters ??? :evil:

well I guess only to appreciate her in other films :D

don't get me started.. I've pulled off full convos flipping from Beavis to Butt-head to

even Cartman or worse in the same convo... it's even sacrier if I do that when playing

goal :unsure:

somehow the B&B movie was way more disappointing then South Park but was worth it

to see the I AM THE GREAT PANDOLFO... CORNHOLIO bit in the White House :D

*edit* Hells it's ONLY 1:45 ;)

Edited by CRASHER

Funny how people turn into Beavis and Butt head while watching them...that dumb-assed laugh always has a way of seeping out. I personally turn into Butt-head...but judging from my sleep deprivation along with being hyper and delerious I could soon turn into Beavis...

Ah, now it's 1:54...

I like the real old and the real off-kilter movies in general.

Spencer Tracy in anything doing anything, because he could...

I prefer Katharine Hepburn/Cary Grant's Holiday to The Philadelphia Story and Bringing Up Baby (although I do love those too).

I prefer Humphrey Bogart in The Big Sleep with Lauren Bacall by a long shot to Casablanca with Ingrid Bergman.

Kind Hearts and Coronets (Alec Guinness plays eight parts, including a woman)

The Thin Man

My ode to mainstream:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (I STILL doodle Devils' Tower -- hey, that's Devils related, right?)

The Goodbye Girl (I can recite this for ya if you want.)

Hitchcock films (he's bloody brilliant)

The Big Easy

Field of Dreams

L.A. Confidential

Writer/director M. Night Shyamalan's films (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs)

Jackie Brown

Chicago (Never liked Catherine Zeta-Jones, but she can BELT!)

Foreign films:

The Double Life of Veronique

Amelie

The Vanishing (not the sh*tty-ass U.S. remake somehow made by the same director)

Zentropa

Run Lola Run

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

The Devils' Backbone (there's that familiar recurring theme again...)

Indie films:

Most films by Paul Thomas Anderson (Hard Eight, Magnolia)

Amateur

Moulin Rouge

Dogfight

Proof

Living in Oblivion

High Art

Most films with Ralph Fiennes (English Patient, Strange Days -- I think it's WAY underrated)

Most films with Sarah Polley (The Sweet Hereafter, Guinevere)

Most films with Cate Blanchett (Elizabeth, Oscar and Lucinda)

Most films with Emily Watson (Breaking the Waves, Hilary and Jackie)

Most films with Kate Winslet (Sense and Sensibility, Heavenly Creatures)

Many films with Kenneth Branagh (esp. his Shakespeare adaptations)

Many films with Stephen Rea (The Crying Game, The Butcher Boy)

Most films with Frances McDormand (Fargo, Laurel Canyon)

I also generally really like Woody Allen movies, even though I don't own any.

And the guilty pleasures:

Coma

Rollercoaster

Carrie

Psycho II

The Blair Witch Project (I saw this before the hype began, and I didn't know anything about it. My pulse still quickens for the final five minutes.)

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

So glad u posted that ESB... i couldnt remember the girl in pirates but I was going to tell them i thought it was her cause when I watch Love actually it reminded me of the girl from Pirates.. so I assumed it was but didnt wanna give false info.. thanks for clearing it up!!! She is cute!

:hi: Did y'all miss me? Did you even know I was gone??? :P

Classics:

The Philadelphia Story

Casablanca

African Queen

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Sabrina

Parent Trap (the original one with Hayley Mills as the twins :lol: ) The remake with Dennis Quaid is kinda nice, too. ;)

Bridge over the River Kwai (love Sir Alec Guinness)

'70s:

Little Big Man

Butch Cassidy

The Sting

Funny Girl

Godfather

Stars Wars & Empire Strikes Back

'80s:

Indiana Jones & Last Crusade

Gallipoli

Year of Living Dangerously

No Way Out

Bull Durham

Field of Dreams

Princess Bride

Hunt for Red October

'90s:

Dances With Wolves

Braveheart

Emma (BBC & Hollywood versions)

Pride & Prejudice (Colin Firth . . . mmmmmm)

Sense & Sensibility (I should just say ANY Jane Austen movie!)

English Patient

'00s:

LOTR x3 - wonderful!!!!

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

I know I'm leaving out a million or 2 . . . :rolleyes:

Shrek isn't disney :angry: ... or is it? :unsure:

Shrek is DEFINITELY NOT Disney. There are a zillion anti-Disney zings in there. Can't remember any of them off the top of my head... but a friend of mine listed off at least a dozen...

It is by Dreamworks....

Shrek isn't disney :angry: ... or is it? :unsure:

Shrek is DEFINITELY NOT Disney. There are a zillion anti-Disney zings in there. Can't remember any of them off the top of my head... but a friend of mine listed off at least a dozen...

It is by Dreamworks....

I thought so too... but i got unsure when people started to reffer to it as a disney movie.

Thanx DOn...

The Lion in Winter

Farenheit 451

The Princess Bride

Indiana Jones 1 & 3 (can't stand 2)

Blazing Saddles/Young Frankenstein

Clueless

LOTR

Schindler's List (this one is very difficult for me, though, because most of my father's family was wiped out in concentration camps, my mother and I took my father to see the film and sat there with him while he cried feeling kind of helpless)

The Masterpiece Theatre miniseries (not the bad film) Sleepers about the Soviet agents who had been sent to England in the 1960s and totally forgotten about for 20 years.

And finally...Slapshot

Funny how people turn into Beavis and Butt head while watching them...that dumb-assed laugh always has a way of seeping out. I personally turn into Butt-head...but judging from my sleep deprivation along with being hyper and delerious I could soon turn into Beavis...

I turn into the great Kornholio fairly often even when I'm not watching B&B.

so what the hell is they took our jiooobs? or whatever it was. I dont get it. Private jokes suck if your the only one who gets them -- and Crasher does not even get it :P

Funny how people turn into Beavis and Butt head while watching them...that dumb-assed laugh always has a way of seeping out.  I personally turn into Butt-head...but judging from my sleep deprivation along with being hyper and delerious I could soon turn into Beavis...

I turn into the great Kornholio fairly often even when I'm not watching B&B.

so what the hell is they took our jiooobs? or whatever it was. I dont get it. Private jokes suck if your the only one who gets them -- and Crasher does not even get it :P

It was on South Park the other night-one of the new episodes, it was on after the Jefferson episode. It was about how people from the future are coming to South Park and taking everyone's jobs because they work for less money. They all gathered and ranted about it, everyone started saying "they took our jobs" until it gets almost inaudible-one of the funniest episodes I've seen yet.

Oh Cousin Cousine was the BEST! 70s French film. I can go off for hours on how the American version Cousins illustrates everything wrong with middle american values :puke: totally UNsexy and UNfunny. How America can take a great movie and take all the life and humor out of it boggles the mind.