NHL Separated at Birth

Z-Man

They always do the Luongo/Sasha Baron Cohen match-up.

How about Marty and the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man. Okay that was mean.

It's weird to me that as a fanbase we pretty much universally hate Sean Avery, and yet quite frequently I still see Devils fans perpetuating this joke that Marty is fat that Avery himself made popular. I know it's just a joke, but it seems kind of hypocritical to still use that gag ourselves when the guy we hate is the one used it first.

Some of those are pretty good...some are a stretch. Jason Arnott and Randy Travis aren't even close. Ovechkin's and Zidlicky's are borderline mean-spirited (though funny, and in Ovechkin's case, pretty accurate).

I actually think Zidlicky looks more like Fred Savage (Kevin Arnold of "The Wonder Years) than Susan Boyle.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

It's weird to me that as a fanbase we pretty much universally hate Sean Avery, and yet quite frequently I still see Devils fans perpetuating this joke that Marty is fat that Avery himself made popular. I know it's just a joke, but it seems kind of hypocritical to still use that gag ourselves when the guy we hate is the one used it first.

Avery is not the first or only person to call Marty fat, people have made fat jokes about Marty his whole career. Particularly if you go back to the lockout, plenty of people on this board made all kinds of fat jokes about him during the World Cup, because he ballooned up then (along with his terrible goatee). He's actually lost weight the last couple years since he changed his conditioning. Back when he barely wore a chest protector Marty himself would sometimes make jokes at his own expense about how he has his own extra padding.

• 3 weeks later...