Rangers trade Cam Talbot and Carl Hagelin

mfitz804

I always find it funny how much some Ranger fans will overreact when a guy like Hagelin gets traded. MSG builds them up to be superstars in the making and some fans really eat it up.

Well his jersey is set to be retired during their second home game of the season, the first is reserved for their President's Trophy banner.

I always find it funny how much some Ranger fans will overreact when a guy like Hagelin gets traded. MSG builds them up to be superstars in the making and some fans really eat it up.

A lot of the Rag fan reactions I saw were typically rationalizing losing Hagelin, saying he was gonna get too much money, he doesn't score enough, blah blah blah and taking about how great they think Etem can be for them and how it'll help them pay Stepan. To Ranger fans, everyone's a superstar until they don't wear the blue sh!trag anymore. Then they suck.

A lot of the Rag fan reactions I saw were typically rationalizing losing Hagelin, saying he was gonna get too much money, he doesn't score enough, blah blah blah and taking about how great they think Etem can be for them and how it'll help them pay Stepan. To Ranger fans, everyone's a superstar until they don't wear the blue sh!trag anymore. Then they suck.

And that is 100 percent true. They had no room for him. He would've been costly for a third liner. It was either keep him for $3.5 million or get what you can. I concluded yesterday they had to trade him. Hags is a good player. Great speed. Terrific penalty killer. Solid forechecker. But he's plateaued. If he gets to play with Getzlaf and Perry and cashes in, good for him. I wish him the best. Etem is a former 1st round pick who hasn't carved his niche yet. But adds size. We'll see. 

The thing with Talbot is they were never going to get a first round pick. It was unrealistic. The only reason Ottawa got that for Lehner is the Sabres took Legwand's salary. They did them a favor. Not Slats finest work. He got what he could for Cam. Now, Cam gets his big chance. Best of luck behind that D.