NJ Devils are totally firing John Hynes, right?

fsu1852

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 0:04 AM, Derek21 said:

Part of the issue is failed players from the Lou Era. That includes signings and draft picks. I feel for Hynes because he wasn't handed a good roster. 

Thank you. Lou and Conte are largely responsible for this deadwood roster. Just be thankful the two of them gracefully left the building when they did; yes I'm grateful for the Cups but it was well past their time and Lou was too stuck in his ways.

Hopefully Shero can make the right moves and hopefully ownership cares enough to want to see a winner. We'll see........

I think Hynes will be a goner when the Devils are competitive again (which could be next year if things fall perfectly) but I don't see the point of bringing in a new coach right now when the team is still going to be terrible for the rest of the year.

Let the Hynes staff absorb as much negativity as freakin possible, then bring in a new guy when the time is right.

49 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I think Hynes will be a goner when the Devils are competitive again (which could be next year if things fall perfectly) but I don't see the point of bringing in a new coach right now when the team is still going to be terrible for the rest of the year.

Let the Hynes staff absorb as much negativity as freakin possible, then bring in a new guy when the time is right.

on the other hand if the guy is that bad and his system sucks he's not a guy that's capable of making it better over the next few years unless they find those missing 3-4 world class players as was mentioned a couple days ago.  In that case and in that line of thinking they would improve in spite of Hynes. Giving him more marginally talented FA's or even draft picks that aren't  ready to produce a the NHL level isn't going move the needle and if it does it will be at a snails pace.  How many quality forwards have they grown through the system over the last decade.  I'm not sold on Blandisi - hopefully he turns out to be more than I envision. Same with Wood, he can fly , that's great.  Way too many holes in this ship for the foreseeable future.  Could a big name coach of "better" coauch make a difference, maybe they squeeze a small handful of more wins out.  

I didn't like the Hynes hire from day one and like some others I think Shero's love for used pens is detrimental.  But I don't think much of this trainwreck is on the coach it's on the roster and those that put it together, there's plenty of guilty parties there.

Edited by titans04

I did some number crunching so I could well be wrong, but by my estimation, last night's forward lineup, not counting the top line of Hall-Henrique-Palmieri, has a combined career NHL goal total of 52. 22 coming into this season. 16 of which were Bennett. The fourth line had a combined NHL goal total of 1 (granted, with limited NHL experience).

That can't all be the coach. These lineups lately are BAD.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thelastonealive said:

I did some number crunching so I could well be wrong, but by my estimation, last night's forward lineup, not counting the top line of Hall-Henrique-Palmieri, has a combined career NHL goal total of 52. 22 coming into this season. 16 of which were Bennett. The fourth line had a combined NHL goal total of 1 (granted, with limited NHL experience).

That can't all be the coach. These lineups lately are BAD.

Yup. He'd be a better coach if he had NHL players to coach. 

• Like 1