NJDevs '17-18 Fantasy Hockey

NJDevs4978

On 4/8/2018 at 9:12 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

All keeper ineligibles have been dropped, with just one lousy game left I pretty much consider this season over now.  Congrats to the Zamboni Warriors on their second title in four years!  And with MacKinnon and Mathews as keeper-eligible they'll continue to be a force to be reckoned with going forward I'm sure.  Yet this season also proved there's a lot of parity as none of last season's top three were in it this year.

As per our rule change everyone'll get to pick their draft slot next year but of course having won the league Zamboni gets the first choice.

Current draft slot pick order - mostly for my own notes when I have to bug you all to pick your slot next year (final update tomorrow when the league's done):

1. Zamboni Warriors (krunko7)

2. Zajac-ing Off (Devilsfan118)

3. Sworn Defenders  (aylbert)

4. Nicoise Salad (Pacific Devil)

5. Eaglejelly (ditto)

6. Palm on and SLAM (Ralliart90)

7. New Jersey Swamps (me)

8. Hard Dump (devlman)

9. Dynamo Nation (redruM)

10. Wolverines (DevilMinder)

11. NJDefenders (NJDEVS1730)

12. Squirtle Squad (Henriqued)

13. NeoThrashers (MantaRay)

14. One More Tank (LOTCB)

Final standings official, given there was a tie between Wolverines and NJDefenders for 10th spot I went to the tiebreaker which is more categories with a higher score head to head but that was tied as well so it needed a coin flip.

I flipped a coin and gave heads to Wolverines and tails to NJDefenders, it came up heads so Wolverines gets the 10th spot selection and NJDefenders 11th.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Final standings official, no change after today's game

How are we handling ties for the 10th spot?   Since NJDefenders lost a point knocking them down to tie with Wolverines.

Ultimately, I’m pleased with where I’m at this year after finishing 4th last year.   Obviously I wanted to win, but my revised goal when  I finally did pull the trigger to trade was to crack the top 3 and I did on season end eve.  Prices before then were just too much.

Im excited to have Draisatl on my team...  and Aho had a great second year.   Third keeper we will see.  The third slot will be a gamble of   Horvat, Duchene, Murray, Eckblad or even Drouin (who feels like he has had a million chances and failed)...  but is only 23 and finished with 13pts in his last 14.

Hmmm...StatTracker had it differently after last nights game, maybe someone’s numbers didn’t count after game limits.

My tiebreak has always been whoever wins more categories against the other team head to head but looks like that’s 7-7, guess a coin flip? :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, redruM said:

Zamboni you SUCK!

Can we set things up so players who are "Out" can go on the IR?

That’s a good point too, would make things a little easier the last few weeks when IR isn’t used with short benches. Pretty sure that setting can be changed.

And the 10th place tie was settled (see edit above).

Future's bright with my keepers, assuming I don't sh!t the bed in the draft next year.  Kinda have some tough decisions to make though.

Barkov, Eichel, Kuznetsov, and Hellebuyck seem like no brainers.  Staal, Ellis and Henrique wouldn't be terrible, either.

Gotta pick three though, obviously.  Leaning towards flipping one of Kuznetsov or Hellebuyck and at the draft (and others if people want em), we'll see.  Long ways away.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I also have a lot of keepers to choose from, but I am also the guy who does not seem to keep keepers for more than 1 year...anyways my keepers can be any of the following;

Marner, Kane, Kerfoot, Keller, Couturier, McAvoy, Sergachev, Parayko, Thakchuk & Bobs...

Prior to the draft next year anyone needing a keeper can offer me a trade...

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Future's bright with my keepers, assuming I don't sh!t the bed in the draft next year.  Kinda have some tough decisions to make though.

Barkov, Eichel, Kuznetsov, and Hellebuyck seem like no brainers.  Staal, Ellis and Henrique wouldn't be terrible, either.

Gotta pick three though, obviously.  Leaning towards flipping one of Kuznetsov or Hellebuyck and at the draft (and others if people want em), we'll see.  Long ways away.

Henrique is solid...   but not worth keeper considerations to me, which is why I dropped him end of year for random D. 

Although i I felt sad letting go of virtual players, but justified that cruel sob Hasan won’t let me keep everyone.

22 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Final standings official, given there was a tie between Wolverines and NJDefenders for 10th spot I went to the tiebreaker which is more categories with a higher score head to head but that was tied as well so it needed a coin flip.

I flipped a coin and gave heads to Wolverines and tails to NJDefenders, it came up heads so Wolverines gets the 10th spot selection and NJDefenders 11th.

Best 2 out of 3? :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, redruM said:

I also have a lot of keepers to choose from, but I am also the guy who does not seem to keep keepers for more than 1 year...anyways my keepers can be any of the following;

Marner, Kane, Kerfoot, Keller, Couturier, McAvoy, Sergachev, Parayko, Thakchuk & Bobs...

Prior to the draft next year anyone needing a keeper can offer me a trade...

I have a lot of okay keeper candidates but not really surefire ones although Raanta really made a late surge into contention for that.  Of course Jake Allen fooled me with a late surge last year too.  Among the forwards still have O'Reilly, and Connor became pretty good as a rookie.  Vultured Perron late but he's an older patch guy.  DeBrincat, Hayes, Fiala...all decent but not sure if one will stand out above the others.  I like Werenski because of his age and offensive skill but he really doesn't add a lot in ancilary stats which you need in d-men. 

Of course my overriding problem this year was lack of offense in general, I did have goaltending and the anciliary numbers but my offense was 2014-15 Devils like bad even with guys like Kane and Schenn early on, that's why I cashed out so early.  If I was struggling in ancilary numbers and good offensively I'd have gone longer than half the season before selling off.  As it was I really didn't do any worse going with the youth movement than I was before it.

40 minutes ago, NJDEVS1730 said:

Best 2 out of 3? :D

Hah I should have done 4 of 7 like an NHL series :whistling:

I've always been paranoid this tie scenario would eventually come up for first but it never has fortunately.  There've been some close finishes, one year there was a .5 difference, a couple years ago I lost out to you by just one point.  If that happened I would have just said both teams could pick their spot and there'd be co-winners, just decide who picks first based on who won most categories or the coin flip if that didn't settle it.  I obviously would have made someone else do the coin flip if I was involved or figured out another random way lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

If you want to trade hellebuyck I am definitely interested.
Zamboni Warriors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, redruM said:

Just looked over my draft from this year, I only kept 4 players from the original 23 for the whole year, ( and no keepers) pretty sad, I need to do a better job next year...

That analysis isn't exactly fair as it's not indicative of your drafting - you dumped some major talent for futures and besides I have two of your keepers (Draisatl and Murray).   Plus you hit late with Sean Couturier and Dustin Brown.

So I got pulled into a Stanley Cup playoff fantasy pool. pretty cool idea...

Everyone chooses 1 player from every team, you need 10 forwards, 4 dmen & 2 goalies, no resetting the roster.  points can be manipulated, but we are using:

forwards:

goals 2

assists 1

OT goals 2 bonus

OT assist 1 bonus

Hatrick 3 bonus

Dmen

goals 3

assists 1

OT goals 2 bonus

OT assist 1 bonus

Hatrick 3 bonus

Goalies

wins 4

Shutouts 4 bonus.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dude you got this confused with one of your other 53 leagues lol, it’s always been outside of top five rounds here. Number of picks have nothing to do with it, some teams will have more or fewer top five round picks after trades.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Dude you got this confused with one of your other 53 leagues lol, it’s always been outside of top five rounds here. Number of picks have nothing to do with it, some teams will have more or fewer top five round picks after trades.

Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 12:29 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

Hey gang - I know I'm early with this, but have we decided upon a draft date for this year?

Right now it’s penciled in for October 1, like to have it right before the season if possible. If enough people complain maybe we’ll try Sunday or Tuesday around that date. I renewed the league but I’m not gonna bother with the new thread till the football stuff is over and people come back when training camps start up.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Right now it’s penciled in for October 1, like to have it right before the season if possible. If enough people complain maybe we’ll try Sunday or Tuesday around that date. I renewed the league but I’m not gonna bother with the new thread till the football stuff is over and people come back when training camps start up.

Yeah no worries, I think I'm always the one who comes in asking way too early.

10/1 works for me, the closer to the start of the season the better.  Would hate for someone to get stuck with a guy that gets hurt in the preseason.