2019 New York Mets Season Thread

'7'

All you can hope for is that the Wilpons somehow realize how badly they fvcked up, and fire BVW as soon as the season ends.  Won’t happen though.

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

All you can hope for is that the Wilpons somehow realize how badly they fvcked up, and fire BVW as soon as the season ends.  Won’t happen though.

The entire nightmare scenario played out. Some injuries, a lazy and apathetic Cano, Syndergaard, Matz, and Wheeler all performing way under expectations. Terrible defense costing us. The bullpen being even WORSE than expected. Diaz turning into a zilch

• Sad 1

Alonso might have 30 HR by the end of the month at this rate.  He's rapidly become the Mets' version of Aaron Judge.

Fine outing for Wheeler...double-edged sword here, because obviously if he can start to put together a run like last year's second half, he can bring back a nice return at the deadline (and on this note, I see the Mets strictly as sellers and nothing else...this team is not going to suddenly figure it out and shred it through the rest of the year).  But I don't know if I trust BS artist Brodie and dipsh!t meddler Jeffy not to muck this up.  Opposing GMs are likely salivating at the opportunity to take advantage of those two dopes. 

And this is why all things Tim Tebow can be so annoying at times...he's slashed a horrific .086/.135/.086 in his last 11 GP (.221 OPS)...he's managed 3 hits and 1 BB to go with 14 K...the guy is obviously sorely overmatched and it's really time to just end this thing...AAA Syracuse is not his personal fantasy camp and no one can tell me that there aren't more deserving players who should be playing ahead of him. 

But of course, his fvcking disciples never consider his actual on-the-field PERFORMANCE, so we get this kind of crap:

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tim-tebow-shouldnt-be-an-all-star-but-hes-getting-major-support-from-triple-a-fans-225658678.html

I can't believe the Mets actually have a chance to take three of four from the Cubs...of course since cause Jake's on the mound the offense'll shut down and the defense or bullpen (if not both) will proceed to blow a 2-1 lead late.

It is astonishing the Mets are still only like 3.5 games out of the second wild card.  If the WC target line stays a few games above .500 it's going to give Brodie the excuse to stay all-in at the deadline - re: not trade Wheeler/Frazier, etc.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They've found a way to keep the trip from imploding so far, no doubt...but I could easily see them dropping four in a row...that would just be so THEM.  Hopefully not.

14 minutes ago, '7' said:

Facing Hamels today who's been great this season. Doesn't fill me with a ton of confidence. Feels like another hardluck 2-0 loss for deGrom is on the way

He's been especially hot lately...just 1 ER in his last four starts (29 IP)...but interestingly enough, he's been "deGrommed" lately too...the Cubs have only gone 2-2 in those games.  Maybe the Mets somehow catch a break and deGrom outpitches him.

Looks like the Mets maybe caught the Cubs at the right time...the Cubbies are only 4-8 in their last 12, and only 16-21 since 5/14.  They really haven't been all that great for much of the season. 

Well the Micktard rode his best reliever to a loss today. Can't totally disagree with not entrusting this game to anyone else but...it was pretty clear Lugo wasn't on his game today. He got out of one inning why go to the well one time too many

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I can't believe the Mets actually have a chance to take three of four from the Cubs...of course since cause Jake's on the mound the offense'll shut down and the defense or bullpen (if not both) will proceed to blow a 2-1 lead late

Damn this sh!t's regular as clockwork.  I only missed on the score slightly, instead of 2-1 it was 3-2 when we spit it up, big whoop.

And who does Vargas think he is, Richard Todd? :P  They should just do Callaway a favor and euthanize him at this point.  If there's actual video of this stuff they won't have a choice, things are always worse and more viral with video/audio.

Edited by NJDevs4978

This incident reminds me a bit of that Minaya/Adam Rubin situation. With Callaway already not really looked upon favorably this could be the last straw. Yes Vargas sticking up for him is a good sign but you can't have him snapping like this as it once again portrays us as a chaotic joke. Callaway has proven the job is too much for him

Yeah, Callaway just keeps showing that the job is much much too big for him to ever grow into.  Sadly Brodie decided to go halfway with canning the pitching coaches, in a cosmetic, phony “See we’re doing somethin’, we really are!” half-assed kind of way.  As much as Mickey absolutely HAS to go, as long as this remains the Brodie and Jeffy show, it ain’t gettin any better.  

16 hours ago, '7' said:

Well the Micktard rode his best reliever to a loss today. Can't totally disagree with not entrusting this game to anyone else but...it was pretty clear Lugo wasn't on his game today. He got out of one inning why go to the well one time too many

It really is amazing how fvcking incompetent this clown continues to be...and what's even scarier is pitching is supposed to be his STRENGTH!  This is like a great defensive coordinator coming in to coach a team and then his defense quickly becomes one of the worst in the league.  I'm sorry, but "I'm the smartest guy in the room but only in my own head" BVW needs to end this sh!t already.  It may not make much difference in terms of W-L, but for fvck's sake, at least a guy woefully unqualified to be a manager on ANY level will be put of his fvcking misery. 

41 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It really is amazing how fvcking incompetent this clown continues to be...and what's even scarier is pitching is supposed to be his STRENGTH!  This is like a great defensive coordinator coming in to coach a team and then his defense quickly becomes one of the worst in the league.  I'm sorry, but "I'm the smartest guy in the room but only in my own head" BVW needs to end this sh!t already.  It may not make much difference in terms of W-L, but for fvck's sake, at least a guy woefully unqualified to be a manager on ANY level will be put of his fvcking misery. 

You mean like Todd Bowles having lousy defenses once he became a head coach? :lol:

• Haha 1

Knowing the Wilpons and how they almost act like they're doing us a favor to even field a team at all (when they're not borderline trolling us), it wouldn't surprise me if everyone involved kept Mickey aboard almost to say "Screw you, we'll just do what we want, because we CAN!"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/fans-call-for-mets-to-fire-callaway-following-fracas-with-reporter/ar-AADjecc?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

lol typically spineless...hit them with the unimaginative fine, thoughts and prayers and hope the story goes away

Fines wound up being $10000 apiece, big whoop...and Callaway/Vargas didn't even feign contrition publicly which is going to sharpen the knives from the media even more.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

BTW in case anyone forgot...Matz is still a gutless p*ssy.  Just sayin’.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Any other washed-up former clients you can bring in there Brodie?  Thanks again for Cano.  Well done pal.

And how funny is it that Jason Vargas looks so much like THIS Vargas? 

Maybe Jason shouldn't have switched to Sanka either...See the source image

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976