2020 New York J-E-T-S thread

NJDevs4978

That throw by Flacco on the pick 6 was just such wretched idiocy. The Jets were looking good but I mean how does such a play get called with your back in your own endzone

I felt 0-16 coming on since week 3 or 4. All I have to say is Lawrence better be worth it

It'd be just Jets luck to go 1-15 and get Fields who busts.  I could easily picture that, especially with Jacksonville's schedule:

Cleveland, at Minnesota, Tennessee, at Baltimore, Chicago, at Indy

The only one I could see them winning is the Bears game, although the Vikings are a bit skitzo too. 

Not that I can see us winning anything on paper other than maybe a division game, but it would be just so annoying for them to be 0-15 and then Belichick just punt the last game of the season when they're out of the playoffs too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm done with Darnold, fvck him too - might as well go 0-16 at this point, this organization deserves the embarassment.

And I'm beyond done with Gase, if you're trying to win you might as well throw Flacco out there.  Obviously they should be playing Darnold for evaluation/trade purposes but if you can't trust him enough to throw in the vicinity of the endzone down ten points at the end of the first half then what the hell is the point of throwing him out there and treating him like David Fales?

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I'm done with Darnold, fvck him too - might as well go 0-16 at this point, this organization deserves the embarassment.

And I'm beyond done with Gase, if you're trying to win you might as well throw Flacco out there.  Obviously they should be playing Darnold for evaluation/trade purposes but if you can't trust him enough to throw in the vicinity of the endzone down ten points at the end of the first half then what the hell is the point of throwing him out there and treating him like David Fales?

Think about this..

(Outside of Peyton Manning) Gase has had: Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, Jay Cutler, Sam Darnold & Joe Flacco..... and they’ve all been awful under him. You either believe they’re all terrible QB’s, or you believe in the common denominator.

Gase is horrible obviously but by the same token even Miami Tannehill was never THIS bad.

And Flacco hasn’t been awful, in fact it’s clear he’s miles better than Darnold. You can’t get ONE lousy TD with all your receivers in the lineup and the D getting turnovers? The excuses are over for Darnold.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Not trying to make a "Case for Gase" in any way (it's impossible), but it's not like that list is full of prime talent that would've had insane success elsewhere:

Matt Moore is your backup/sometime starter type for a reason.  His numbers weren't really all that bad under Gase...he only made 8 appearances and 5 starts under Gase (team went 2-3 in those starts)...he wasn't bad in his three 2016 starts, but didn't fare nearly as well in his two 2017 starts.  Hard to expect a whole lot out of Moore though.  

Jay Cutler's numbers weren't much worse as a Dolphin than they were anywhere else, and it's debatable how much interest he even had in playing that season to begin with.

Joe Flacco is small sample stuff, and he's clearly aging.  Would he really be much better anywhere else, at this point in his career?  There's a reason why he had to take a backup gig on the Jets.  And even his numbers this season aren't really that bad.

The most damning case against Gase at this point is Tannehill, but even as far as that goes, there's not some obvious smoking gun that points to Tannehill having been so much worse under him than his other coaches in Miami; that being said, Tannehill has clearly become a MUCH better player as a Titan.  If/when Darnold gets a second chance elsewhere (a pick that high is going to get one), should he suddenly look like a different and much improved player, that's going to be two relatively young QBs who got a hell of a lot better once they were out from under Gase. 

Not to say that Gase isn't an incompetent moron, and I think he's done such a bad job overall AND with Darnold that you just about have to throw out Darnold's lack of progress with Gase, and see what a real coaching staff might be able to do with him.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I'm done with Darnold too. Yes he's technically still so young that a lot of QB's are actually just coming into the league at this year (to sit). He's 23...yet this is year three and he has not progressed one iota. The inaccuracy, improperly reading defenses, not really feeling the rush. I see this laid back California blah from him. The passion and intensity that you see in Mayfield...Ryan Fitzpatrick and a million other QB's are just not there. Darnold is an inconspicuous passenger...not a leader

Flacco looked much better in this offense, much more comfortable and competent. Darnold is just incapable of any kind of growth in any way

Edited by '7'

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Typical, Darnold gets off to a good start with the scripted plays early then goes in the tank the minute he gets hit.

Much of it was his fault. I mean every other NFL qb has some awareness of the rush, of ball protection...of making quick decisions and having an internal clock. This fool just stands there with no awareness of his surroundings. He throws to receivers totally blanketed. His issues with understanding football as a whole are too overwhelming to overcome. 

8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I guess the Jets finally broke Frank Gore.  Sadly the rushing game actually looks better than it has all season with these two guys Gase didn't even want to look at till he had no other choice.

You can really see the differences between young legs and Gore's 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

If we played these guys earlies....there could've been a W or 2. This is very much like the 1983 Pittsburgh Penguins and has been for a while now

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

You can really see the differences between young legs and Gore's 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

If we played these guys earlies....there could've been a W or 2. This is very much like the 1983 Pittsburgh Penguins and has been for a while now

Well they're not doing that really cause they're about to fall to the #2 pick lol

The Raiders can fvck off if they blow this game, I'll be actively rooting for them NOT to make the playoffs :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well they're not doing that really cause they're about to fall to the #2 pick lol

It's the Jets. They'll lose! The jaws of victory are about to lose their dinner

Lawrence really would make it worth it. He's about as can't miss as they come

Edited by '7'

I never accuse teams of trying to lose on purpose but holy sh!t those last two plays it looked like the D was trying to hand it to them.  Who comes on a zero blitz with the ball at midfield, ten seconds left and no timeouts with the Raiders needing a TD?!  If the Jets were actually trying to win that call would be a fireable offense.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

I never accuse teams of trying to lose on purpose but holy sh!t those last two plays it looked like the D was trying to hand it to them.  Who comes on a zero blitz with the ball at midfield, ten seconds left and no timeouts?!  If the Jets were actually trying to win that'd be a fireable offense.

They were trying to lose on purpose. They had to. They handed it to 'em and they took it. This comes down from Douglas

Funny thing is from what I've seen, guys like Boomer and others don't seem to acknowledge what was going on...they're making it sound like it was this heartbreaking, extremely painful loss...and for some players, I'm sure it was.  But that was about as obvious of a tank game as I've seen...right up there with the Penguins putting some total scrubs in against the Devils to do everything they could to lose a key game against them (the year Mario Lemieux was coming out for the draft).  

The Jet fanbase clearly saw it...can those who cover these games dare to acknowledge it themselves?