1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

8 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I dont call him bust, but he isnt close to be competent defenseman. And I dont think it is a bad picked. But this pick isn`t close to be the right pick for now. I really hope Michigan coaches will help him in defensive game. In all abundance of defensive game. I really hope devils will give him 2, even 3 years for develope. Maybe  2 years in NCAA and one year in AHL. 

75FE4317-7F7C-4015-A860-9E75A8C492AC.gif

21 hours ago, Guadana said:

Video cuts  from WJSS games. 

I dont call him bust, but he isnt close to be competent defenseman. And I dont think it is a bad picked. But this pick isn`t close to be the right pick for now. I really hope Michigan coaches will help him in defensive game. In all abundance of defensive game. I really hope devils will give him 2, even 3 years for develope. Maybe  2 years in NCAA and one year in AHL. 

Dare I say you sound pretty lukewarm on Luke

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Dare I say you sound pretty lukewarm on Luke

If it is sarcasm, Dare I say you sound pretty lukewarm on Holtz

if not, he is our player and brother of our future franchise top player. I wish him all the best. 

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

If it is sarcasm, Dare I say you sound pretty lukewarm on Holtz

if not, he is our player and brother of our future franchise top player. I wish him all the best. 

it was simply a lame play on word from "luke"warm on Luke lol

but that being said i am officially lukewarm on Holtz. 100%

https://theathletic.com/2746675/2021/08/02/what-we-learned-from-spending-a-week-watching-devils-prospect-luke-hughes/

Great article about Luke's tournament. Lots of good and positive takes in there.

(i know it's a paid subscription thing, if its allowed i can copy paste the text in here but i'm not sure? That'd be like circumventing the spirit of the subscription)

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

https://theathletic.com/2746675/2021/08/02/what-we-learned-from-spending-a-week-watching-devils-prospect-luke-hughes/

Great article about Luke's tournament. Lots of good and positive takes in there.

(i know it's a paid subscription thing, if its allowed i can copy paste the text in here but i'm not sure? That'd be like circumventing the spirit of the subscription)

Good stuff 👍

While I would have preferred Clarke, I am not going to hit the panic button on Hughes just yet.  Both Clarke and L. Hughes had warts in their games according to their scouting reports so we could be saying the same for Clarke.  I don't expect Luke in the lineup until at least the 22-23 season so he has some time to work on his game.

Edited by DevsMan84

8 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

While I would have preferred Clarke, I am not going to hit the panic button on Hughes just yet.  Both Clarke and L. Hughes had warts in their games according to their scouting reports so we could be saying the same for Clarke.  I don't expect Luke in the lineup until at least the 22-23 season so he has some time to work on his game.

I wanted Clarke too but now that we locked Dougie for awhile i see things differently. I don't think Clarke was going to outplay Hamilton on the right side but i think Luke could potentially outplay anyone on the left side and be our top guy on the left. So if we can have 2 top pairing dmen that could either play on the top pairing OR split them in the top 4 and match them with someone a bit better defensively or 2way. We could have a very solid d-corp and well balanced. And im extremely high on Smith who can play on both sides and so does Luke. So we have lots of options.

• Like 2