GDT: Devils @ Flyers 12/14 7pm

Nicomo

58 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, I said that Jack's was especially risky.  And I said at the time that his contract is strictly based on potential...without question, going purely by the numbers, he didn't earn that kind of a deal.  We're basically completely in agreement here...I'm just pointing out that even though it's his third season, he's played considerably less games than the number of seasons would indicate.  He's at least 50 GP behind where he could have been, if not for injuries and Covid.  I'm pointing this out more as a hope that the overall lack of games has hindered his development some.      

I think it certainly has. Hard to argue that having two full NHL seasons under his belt wouldn't have helped. 

2 hours ago, Fansinz88 said:

And unfortunately I see Nico as a 3rd line center. I tried to think better but it’s settling in as such.

He wouldn't be the first top pick to have a good not great career, which is where he seems to be headed. There have been so many NHL guys in this boat over the years. (They might not have been paid a $7 million salary, though.) The first guy that comes to my mind is Radek Bonk. There's a bunch of others though. David Legwand.

Edited by Jerrydevil

1 hour ago, Jerrydevil said:

He wouldn't be the first top pick to have a good not great career, which is where he seems to be headed. There have been so many NHL guys in this boat over the years. (They might not have been paid a $7 million salary, though.) The first guy that comes to my mind is Radek Bonk. There's a bunch of others though. David Legwand.

Yeah those are perfect examples of where he’s headed. Which is fine but we have to fill in talent and find competent coaching to get this finally truly headed in the right direction. 

• Like 1