Talk About Sports!

NYGDevils32

Rate My Site  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Rate My Site

http://nygdevils32.proboards29.com

Want to TALK ABOUT SPORTS? Then join the fastest growing SPORTS site on the net! T.A.S. has forums for every sport, selected sports teams, a game room, Live Chats, contests, trivia, fantasy leagues, fantasy news and help, plus in depth coverage, stats, and scores for every sport around! Come see why T.A.S. is the Ultimate SPORTS source for the Ultimate SPORTS fan! Join today for free!

http://nygdevils32.proboards29.com

(I am not trying to take away from this great site at all, I just need some Devils fans from here to go to my board).

Thanks! :evil:

Yes it is crasher.. its the same reason i dont frequent your site lol.. i dont know why it happens.. i cant explain it.. it just hurts my eyes the white on dark and then gives me a headache behind the eyes.. :(

white on dark ????

I thought I used black on red... or red on black ..... something like that.. beats me.. I've barely looked at the damn thing since posting the end of season stuff :noclue:

(well aside from all the pics from TO and MI the week before :D)

anyone have a color scheme they'd RATHER have ?? It would suck to lose the Devils colorscheme though...

white on dark ????

I thought I used black on red... or red on black ..... something like that.. beats me.. I've barely looked at the damn thing since posting the end of season stuff :noclue:

(well aside from all the pics from TO and MI the week before :D)

anyone have a color scheme they'd RATHER have ?? It would suck to lose the Devils colorscheme though...

yeah i think u did have red on dark.. or something its been awhile but it was the same thing.. i have really sensitive eyes.. so its probably just me... i think its cause my eye color is soooooo light they are so sensitive

driving home at night is the worst thing.. when there are oncoming cars i have to squint and it hurts so bad from their lights. And Im always driving at night

I can agree with that I have just AWFUL night vision.. the worst is driving in night in PA or something where there are no street lights... the incoming traffic just KILLS me

anyone else have a problem with my color scheme ?? the off season is the best time to change it before I get superstitious :D

I can agree with that I have just AWFUL night vision.. the worst is driving in night in PA or something where there are no street lights... the incoming traffic just KILLS me

anyone else have a problem with my color scheme ?? the off season is the best time to change it before I get superstitious :D

Crasher

the only problem i have is on your main page, other than that the boards with the white on black are fine.

forget if it's raining on top of that at night, i become totally blinded. B )

Yup. I can't read the orange text. I have to move right next to the screen to read it. I'll do it if I am looking for a particular recap, but otherwise...

Seems like a good site.. but i cant go there the big white writing on dark background gave me a headache and i was just browsing...

Good luck with it!!

I have the same problem.

What I do is that I highlight the text I'm reading. That way the background is light and the text dark, just the way I want it...

B )

The prevailing philosophy on web design says that dark text on a light background works best, but people have been known to make light text on a dark background work as well. Dark-on-dark and light-on-light are never good.

The cool thing about using Firefox is that there's a web developer's extension available. Among other things, it lets you change a page's style on the fly (assuming the site uses CSS). Or you can just disable page colors altogether and view the old-fashioned black-on-white.

(EDIT: Fixed a redundancy in the first sentence.)

Edited by Rowdyfan42

suggestions noted.. and I'll change the colors of the main page as soon as I add the site map and maybe even type up a behind the recaps soon gotta get my ass in gear cause the only hockey I'll be recapping starts in like 2 weeks :P

good ol basic black and white it is :D

anyone know a good way to give me a crash course on frames ?? (only reason I've put off doing the site-menu-map I have made already !!) thanks !

anyone know a good way to give me a crash course on frames ?? (only reason I've put off doing the site-menu-map I have made already !!) thanks !

Frames are evil. :P But if you insist upon using frames, you can find some good resources here and here.

Crasher, you run your own webserver, right? I don't know how you have it set up, but you might be able to use server-side includes (SSI) in SHTML pages rather than building a frameset. It's a little bit more work to get all your pages set up, but in the end it looks much cleaner than a frameset would.

(Okay, maybe I was being facetious when I said frames are evil. ;) When done properly, frames can be an effective tool for the web developer, but there's so much potential to do it wrong, too.)

Edited by Rowdyfan42

thanks *looking them up now*

Rowdy the main reason two fold I want to use frames is:

1. It's easier to have that site menu bar just always follow you around on the page then have to post 5 links on each page (and recap) to get you back to the main page

2. I was tooling with image maps in my web design class over the summer :D

3. the weird way my page works when you type in crasherline.net the real IP address shows up in the menu bar I am hoping frames look helps that

and yeah I run the website out of the house using good ol IIS and netscape composer to make the page (I do love how I've hijacked this thread for my own means here B ) )

1. It's easier to have that site menu bar just always follow you around on the page then have to post 5 links on each page (and recap) to get you back to the main page

That's the cool thing about using SSI; all you have to do is create a file that has your menu in it and put a reference to that menu in your pages and it automatically shows up. It's more work than putting up a frameset because if the initial setup required (inserting the reference to the menu in every page), but after that all you have to do to change the menu is edit the one file and it's reflected on all your pages.

3. the weird way my page works when you type in crasherline.net the real IP address shows up in the menu bar I am hoping frames look helps that

Yes, that's an advantage of using frames. "http://www.crasherline.net" will be in the address bar no matter where on your site your visitors are. The thing is, that's it. ONLY the address of the frameset will show up, not the names of each individual page. If that's the intended effect, frames will help you big time.

Also, visitors will have a hard time bookmarking pages that are in frames. And if someone from the outside comes in directly to an interior page, they won't get your frameset unless you put some code in every page that loads the frames if the page isn't already in them.

Edited by Rowdyfan42

Yes, that's an advantage of using frames. "http://www.crasherline.net" will be in the address bar no matter where on your site your visitors are. The thing is, that's it. ONLY the address of the frameset will show up, not the names of each individual page. If that's the intended effect, frames will help you big time.

Also, visitors will have a hard time bookmarking pages that are in frames. And if someone from the outside comes in directly to an interior page, they won't get your frameset unless you put some code in every page that loads the frames if the page isn't already in them.

that's exactly what I want really.... I'm paying all this freaking money for a domain name and everyone just uses the IP to get to the site !!!! :unsure:

as for when I link special things (like Toronto pics and stuff *cheap pop !!*) I don't really care if they can get back to the main page cause I know them and I personally showed them this link, unless it's linked from the page which is what I want all along !!)

I sorta have the thing ready to go (http://www.crasherline.net/frames_test.html)

but the one thing I can't figure out is that is there a way to have someone click on a link in the TOP frame and the linked page show up in the BOTTOM frame keeping the menu bar intact ?? there's gotta be a way for that..... thanks for any help !!

that's exactly what I want really.... I'm paying all this freaking money for a domain name and everyone just uses the IP to get to the site !!!!  :unsure:

Do you still have a dynamic IP address? (I know you used to, and I couldn't remember if you said anything about finally getting a static IP.) If so, how do you keep the DNS servers of the world up-to-date with the changes? When I went to the frame test page, crasherline.net turned into the IP address. So using frames won't help at all unless you're somehow able to fix whatever it is that's causing the domain name to change into the IP address.

I sorta have the thing ready to go (http://www.crasherline.net/frames_test.html)

but the one thing I can't figure out  is that is there a way to have someone click on a link in the TOP frame and the linked page show up in the BOTTOM frame keeping the menu bar intact ?? there's gotta be a way for that..... thanks for any help !!

It works the same way regular links work in frames. If you want the page to open in a different frame than the one it's in, you need to tell it that. For each of your image map areas, put target="bottom" after the href="whatever" section.

What the hell are most of you on???

Dont judge a book by its cover, dont judge a website by what it looks like. Try joining it, be active in it, you will find that it is a great website! They have great games. I spend more time on this website only because it is more concentrated on the devils.

Guys, you should really join that site. They even have a member of the month thingie. I dont post there quite as much now adays, but I will once hockey starts again. And if you dont wanna post, just read. Thats what I do. When I read the Fact or Fiction posts and the vs. game posts, its almost like i m watching TV.

Seriously guys, JOIN THIS SITE!

Well I have my own site for off-Devils topics.. but that's another issue :D

I just wanted to thank Rowdy and everyone else for the suggestions for my page and feel free to check out the newwwwww look CRASHER line at http://www.crasherline.net !!!! :clap:

(just in time for the World Cup too eh ?? Now if only I could pick a team to root for !!)