2023 New York J-E-T-S season thread

NJDevs4978

Defense gave up 13 points and they still lost. And you have Saleh saying Zach is starting next week murderous loss to the Chiefs. I mean come in now does he want to get fired

If you hold NE to 13 offensively you have to win. But no...gonna turn down Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz for Zach Wilson. The worst QB in the NFL

Wow that was, as Crasher would call it, anti-football.  Painful.  Guess someone had to win. 

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

That’s not even the most noteworthy Joe rant yesterday

https://x.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1706664300285505812?s=46&t=o4shtH3dgA0iFstS0rkNfw

Yeah Namath really unloaded on Zach.  You can tell he takes this level of suckage personally.

On 9/26/2023 at 1:18 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Siemian LOL, is Douglas even trying?

Yea this is awful. But I actually believe with full confidence that Siemian under center would be better than Zach. Once Wilson embarrasses himself vs KC they can let Siemian start the rest of the games. If not I think the roof would cave in on Saleh and possibly Douglas...because the rest of the team had enough of Zach Wilson last year.

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

Yea this is awful. But I actually believe with full confidence that Siemian under center would be better than Zach. Once Wilson embarrasses himself vs KC they can let Siemian start the rest of the games. If not I think the roof would cave in on Saleh and possibly Douglas...because the rest of the team had enough of Zach Wilson last year.

Pretty much anyone would be better than Zach at this point - Flacco, Mike White, every other guy who’s run this offense for any length of time has been light years better with the same personnel.

But getting Siemian just reeks of getting the least threatening option available so we can’t pull Zach. Dude was already here once a few years ago lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

Might as well get a new coaching staff tomorrow along with a new QB if they're not even going to compete, while this D is definitely overrated this fvcking zone coverage sucks.  Two of the supposed best man corners in the league and you keep playing zone?!  And if Joe Douglas refuses to do anything then replace his ass too.

Finally, but then Saleh turned back into a wuss by going for a 50-plus yard FG on 4th and 1 with two timeouts still remaining (really all three before they pulled the stupid fake count to try to draw them offsides that only CJ Moseley bites on).  You aren't beating the Chiefs with field goals you fvcking dunce!  Not to mention missing it gives the Chiefs a short field where they could potentially go up 11

Wow CJ ACTUALLY hung onto that one

Edited by NJDevs4978

3rd and 23, they let Mahomes go right up the gut (with an assist on a non-holding call of Jermaine Johnson), 3rd and 20 they give the Chiefs an iffy 'holding' penalty on Sauce...welp guess they're making up for their charity calls earlier in the game for us.  Good for Saleh letting the officials have it right before the final whistle, that was more blatant game management from the refs than you see in NHL games!

Definitely better from Zach the last fumble notwithstanding but make this stick and do two in a row before I start to believe.  Beat the god damn Broncos, then find a way to beat the fvcking Eagles and take your season back

Edited by NJDevs4978

Really never expected them to even compete in this one, but they clawed back after 17-0. Really the best I've ever seem Zach play...of course the league had to step in and make sure their new golden boys (and girl) get the ending they wanted. Jets really could've beaten KC with Zach Wilson after a 3 score comeback...but the NFL wasnt having it

It's just not happening with Saleh. They have talent on this team even without Rodgers.

Last year dropping the last 6 and now 1-3 this year is hideous. For the personnel that they have all they do is underachieve it seems. With no Rodgers they could so easily be 3-1.

Edited by '7'

Denver actually bounced back and got their sh!t together this week. Forget Philly they will never beat them. If the Jets are 1-5 at the bye then they have to start looking at who will be coaching this team in 2024...because it shouldn't be Saleh unless he has a Dan Campbell like turnaround

There is no excuse for this collection of players losing nine out of their last 10 games. None

A few things about yesterday:

First off, yeah, I do find Taylor Swift annoying, for reasons that have nothing to do with the whole "Traylor" fling...she's just kind of irritating without really even trying.  That being said, maybe the media can stop beating this fvcking thing completely into the ground?  Yes, everyone know that she and Kelce are dating...do the commentators have to keep talking about them?  Is it really necessary for the cameras to cut to Taylor in a luxury box again and again and again?  In a way I feel for both of them because they'll feel the brunt of the inevitable backlash, when all they've done is live their lives.  It's the media (even friggin' news outlets) that seem to think all of America is such soooooooo obsessed with everything these two are doing.  We're not.  Stop making this more of a fvcking thing than it already is, because THAT is far more annoying that the two people who happens to be celebrities dating each other.  Jesus H.

Second, if I'm a Jets fan, I feel like there's actually a glimmer of hope here, because if Zach actually FINALLY somehow out of nowhere conquered some mental block and what we saw last night is what he can actually be when his brain isn't getting in the way...well, the narrative in New York changes VERY quickly.  He obviously has the PHYSICAL ability and talent to make plays.  We'll see if this is the game (even despite the Jets losing) that we look back on and say "That's the day Zach Wilson finally arrived!  And the rest is history..."  But yeah, he can't go to Denver and go right back to being the tentative guy who turns what should be 2-3 yard losses into 12-13 yard disasters.

And last...starting with the loss to the Titans in Brady's last game with the Pats, here's been the nails driven into the coffin lid of the Patriots' glory years:

Second nail:  betting on Cam Newton to be the QB

Third nail:  The Genius has absolutely NO answers for the Bills offense in the WC game...touchdown drives on SEVEN straight possessions.

Fourth nail:  The Genius somehow thinking that a two-headed offensive coordinating monster of Matt fvcking Puppetricia and Joe Judge somehow wouldn't completely blow up (of course it did).

Final nail:  Yesterday's 38-3 demolition by the Cowboys.  Pats were absolutely outclassed in every possible way.  Mac Jones isn't the answer and that can't be questioned anymore.  The red flags seems to be accumulating by the day with this guy.

So to sum up, there's been people giving BB the benefit of the doubt due to everything that came before (as some people still do to this day with Lou), but he is flat-out out of answers.  As GM he's been shaky in recent years; as coach, the magic that he enjoyed with Brady as his QB is gone.  There was a time where he absolutely seemed to have all of the answers and had that way of finding diamond after diamond in the rough, but that time is over.  This thing 100% need to be blown up and rebuilt, but just like Lou, BB thinks he can still somehow piece together a competitive team despite not having a cornerstone piece or a real core to work with.  It's over.  Hopefully after the season, there's a mutual parting, and the Pats take their expected lumps the next few years as they try to build a team that might be able to complete in 3-4 years.  If they stick to current status quo, there's no chance.  None.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Guess we're single-handedly gonna keep the Pats out of last this year too eh?  So much for Zach's breakout

And fvck this D too, just because the QB sucks no reason to give up a TD on your second drive of the game with Wilson and their backup RB having holes you could drive a Mack truck through.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well, looks like we basically know what these AFC East teams are:

The Dolphins are plenty good and rather entertaining...good enough where there's really only so many "measuring stick" games where you'll be able to get a better read on what they are.  They'll win 12-13 games pretty easily and will clean up against bad teams.  So far they have flunked one big test (the blowout loss to the Bills), but they get the make-up exam in their building later this season.  They gotta try to make sure they don't wind up in Buffalo for any playoff games...can't see cold weather helping them any.

The Bills are that team that will always find some way to trip themselves up just enough to make things more difficult than they need to be.  They should be competitive for several years, but I can see them just never getting over the hump.  If I had to pick "AFC East team most likely to win a SB in the next 4 years", I'm definitely taking the Dolphins over the Bills.

The Jets...well, their season was more or less completely derailed the second Aaron Rodgers tore his achilles.  They have talent, but only so much you can do with Zach Wilson as your QB.  

The Pats...well, they're now a very bad team and week in and week out they're doing very bad team things.  It's one thing if your team clearly has the talent and should be better...I can't get angry about a lousy team playing lousy.  I had this team winning 7 games max, and it's looking like I was too generous.  What we know now is the Pats are just one of many teams throughout the years to take a QB in the first round and hope he can be the guy...only to find out that he isn't.  They can play Zappe if it makes Pats fans feel better, but he's not the answer either...as done as I am with Mac Jones, at this point does it really matter if he or Zappe take the snaps?  The team is still going to lose a lot of games and look bad doing it.  If it's about getting Mac a "mental rest" week or two, ok, fine...but whoever the QB is that's going to help try to get the Pats back to being competitive again, he's not on the roster.  I'm actually kind of happy that the bottoming-out is so severe, because this is the ONLY way that the Pats might start taking the real steps needed to eventually field a good team again.  Big steps back to hopefully someday take steps forward.

On 10/8/2023 at 7:22 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Thank goodness for Russ’s two minute drill yips

I give credit to the D, they'll make some plays and cover for a lot of what a Zach led "attack" will screw up. Not getting a field goal there before the end of the half is just brain dead football. Things like that is why I can never trust him...though I really don't fault him for the INT as that was a great play but Surtain and kinda fluky. The ball could've been caught.

It is kind of annoying how even good defensive performances overall...it's always Jets down 3-0 or 7-0 before you get in your seat. I'd like for once not to be behind the 8 ball so quickly in games

A win they absolutely had to get, because I really see now way we're going to beat Philly. They're just on another level, and now we're down AVT (for the year) and Reed again. 3-3 at the bye after the Rodgers disaster would be a dream but we never ever play well against the Eagles.

Edited by '7'