Jump to content

2023 New York J-E-T-S season thread


NJDevs4978

Recommended Posts

Only the Jets can piss you off when they're somehow within a FG in the fourth quarter against the Eagles.  The D shows up for once, EVEN GETS TURNOVERS FOR ONCE...and all you can do is four fvcking FG's?  Sod off and fall down a manhole, everyone associated with this offense aside from Breece and Garrett

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was the most impressive win of the Saleh era. They had a few heart stoppers early in the season last year, but the competition was not an undefeated Super Bowl team (that was 21-4 in their last 25 games overall)

The Jets were behind 14-3, missing their corners, and had to make do with Zach Wilson at QB...and somehow they pulled this game out. Incredible job and a very un-Jet like win. This defense is not just good it's finally playmaking good. It's a D that takes the ball away at key times. No Rex D ever really did that

The offense is a mess and frankly I don't see it getting any better as Zach Wilson at QB really limits what you're able to do...and they're going to have to deal with this handicap all season because nomatter what Rodgers does to get people's hopes up, he's not coming back this season. I just dont think he'll be medically cleared

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, '7' said:

This was the most impressive win of the Saleh era. They had a few heart stoppers early in the season last year, but the competition was not an undefeated Super Bowl team (that was 21-4 in their last 25 games overall)

The Jets were behind 14-3, missing their corners, and had to make do with Zach Wilson at QB...and somehow they pulled this game out. Incredible job and a very un-Jet like win. This defense is not just good it's finally playmaking good. It's a D that takes the ball away at key times. No Rex D ever really did that

The offense is a mess and frankly I don't see it getting any better as Zach Wilson at QB really limits what you're able to do...and they're going to have to deal with this handicap all season because nomatter what Rodgers does to get people's hopes up, he's not coming back this season. I just dont think he'll be medically cleared

And the bolded is what makes Rodgers so annoying at times, in spite of his obvious ability.  He literally does NOT know how to handle not being the center of attention...so he'll do whatever he can to force the issue.  Dude, we get it, you're willing to work hard to get back out there...but you are NOT coming back this season...you're NOT.  Great, you can throw from a stationary position...still gonna be a long time before you can actually truly MOVE.  

Whatever Jets story remains to be written this season, it's simply not going to involve Rodgers on the field.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And the bolded is what makes Rodgers so annoying at times, in spite of his obvious ability.  He literally does NOT know how to handle not being the center of attention...so he'll do whatever he can to force the issue.  Dude, we get it, you're willing to work hard to get back out there...but you are NOT coming back this season...you're NOT.  Great, you can throw from a stationary position...still gonna be a long time before you can actually truly MOVE.  

Whatever Jets story remains to be written this season, it's simply not going to involve Rodgers on the field.  

 

And he does it while acting like he's not trying to do it either...but it's pretty clear he wants people to remember he's around. I also kinda get him wanting to be a leader and around the team and involved...just sometimes seeing him on the sidelines with the headset makes you wonder who is truly running this offense. We really do have 2 offensive coordinators. I dont know if that's a good thing

They've won they're last two, but Zach's play has just been competent enough at the position to get by. He hasnt been so bad to lose any of these games...but he hasn't been an integral part of them winning them either. Ultimately there is a pretty fixed ceiling to how far the 2023 Jets can go with Zach Wilson under center. I would still be trying to trade for an upgrade at the position but feel they're pretty much going to roll with him the rest of the way now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, '7' said:

And he does it while acting like he's not trying to do it either...but it's pretty clear he wants people to remember he's around. I also kinda get him wanting to be a leader and around the team and involved...just sometimes seeing him on the sidelines with the headset makes you wonder who is truly running this offense. We really do have 2 offensive coordinators. I dont know if that's a good thing

They've won they're last two, but Zach's play has just been competent enough at the position to get by. He hasnt been so bad to lose any of these games...but he hasn't been an integral part of them winning them either. Ultimately there is a pretty fixed ceiling to how far the 2023 Jets can go with Zach Wilson under center. I would still be trying to trade for an upgrade at the position but feel they're pretty much going to roll with him the rest of the way now

For Jets fans, it really is a shame, because there's obviously talent there.  But yeah, the QB is really going to hold them back...hell, the QB is the only reason that the Pats aren't winless this season.  And on that note, it's very hard to make a case for the Pats winning another game this season.  They are really really REALLY bad now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2023 at 8:28 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Well, looks like we basically know what these AFC East teams are:

The Dolphins are plenty good and rather entertaining...good enough where there's really only so many "measuring stick" games where you'll be able to get a better read on what they are.  They'll win 12-13 games pretty easily and will clean up against bad teams.  So far they have flunked one big test (the blowout loss to the Bills), but they get the make-up exam in their building later this season.  They gotta try to make sure they don't wind up in Buffalo for any playoff games...can't see cold weather helping them any.

The Bills are that team that will always find some way to trip themselves up just enough to make things more difficult than they need to be.  They should be competitive for several years, but I can see them just never getting over the hump.  If I had to pick "AFC East team most likely to win a SB in the next 4 years", I'm definitely taking the Dolphins over the Bills.

The Jets...well, their season was more or less completely derailed the second Aaron Rodgers tore his achilles.  They have talent, but only so much you can do with Zach Wilson as your QB.  

The Pats...well, they're now a very bad team and week in and week out they're doing very bad team things.  It's one thing if your team clearly has the talent and should be better...I can't get angry about a lousy team playing lousy.  I had this team winning 7 games max, and it's looking like I was too generous.  What we know now is the Pats are just one of many teams throughout the years to take a QB in the first round and hope he can be the guy...only to find out that he isn't.  They can play Zappe if it makes Pats fans feel better, but he's not the answer either...as done as I am with Mac Jones, at this point does it really matter if he or Zappe take the snaps?  The team is still going to lose a lot of games and look bad doing it.  If it's about getting Mac a "mental rest" week or two, ok, fine...but whoever the QB is that's going to help try to get the Pats back to being competitive again, he's not on the roster.  I'm actually kind of happy that the bottoming-out is so severe, because this is the ONLY way that the Pats might start taking the real steps needed to eventually field a good team again.  Big steps back to hopefully someday take steps forward.

 

New England played much better this week and could've beaten the Raiders (who are never a team you can trust against any opponent. NE's last drive was short circuited by some costly penalties though and they ended up taking a safety

As the weeks went on the Jets loss to NE just gets more and more puzzling...that was such a bad bad Jets loss especially with how the bottom fell out for New England right afterward

I still think you can win with a Mac Jones. He won't make an average team good or a good team great but unlike Zach I don't think there will ever be worry that Mac can cost his team games. 

Not sure what Belichick is thinking regarding him though...maybe using this as a take your lumps kid and get back in the huddle type year. I wonder if they start trading some 30+ guys who don't factor into their future plans for draft picks. Zeke Elliot, Lawrence Guy etc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, '7' said:

 

New England played much better this week and could've beaten the Raiders (who are never a team you can trust against any opponent. NE's last drive was short circuited by some costly penalties though and they ended up taking a safety

As the weeks went on the Jets loss to NE just gets more and more puzzling...that was such a bad bad Jets loss especially with how the bottom fell out for New England right afterward

I still think you can win with a Mac Jones. He won't make an average team good or a good team great but unlike Zach I don't think there will ever be worry that Mac can cost his team games. 

Not sure what Belichick is thinking regarding him though...maybe using this as a take your lumps kid and get back in the huddle type year. I wonder if they start trading some 30+ guys who don't factor into their future plans for draft picks. Zeke Elliot, Lawrence Guy etc.

 

I've mentioned it a bunch but it's time for the Pats to punt multiple seasons and re-build...trade what you can and pile up picks, for starters.  As Pats fans, we have NO right to complain about an extended rebuild...we saw a LOT of prosperity...more than most franchises have seen in their entire history.  There's no reason to try to cobble together "mushy middle" teams, with no real core in place.  The Dolphins did this, and other teams have too.  And it's time for someone else to call the shots...it's over for BB in NE; it's time for a new voice.

Right now the team is in such disarray overall that I have no idea exactly what Mac is, but he has not looked good for quite a while.  

And here's why I definitely have my doubts about Mac...not only has he thrown more TD passes to opponents lately (0 TD and 5 INT in his last game), but some of the picks have been REALLY ugly:

Tony Romo has scathing take on Mac Jones' play (larrybrownsports.com)

Check out the reply of the INT.  Had a wide-open Henry and missed him by a mile.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And the bolded is what makes Rodgers so annoying at times, in spite of his obvious ability.  He literally does NOT know how to handle not being the center of attention...so he'll do whatever he can to force the issue.  Dude, we get it, you're willing to work hard to get back out there...but you are NOT coming back this season...you're NOT.  Great, you can throw from a stationary position...still gonna be a long time before you can actually truly MOVE.  

Whatever Jets story remains to be written this season, it's simply not going to involve Rodgers on the field.  

Unless his injury isn’t actually as bad as we all assumed. The latest Twitter theory from Brandon Tierney (yeah I know, but he claims he had a similar type of injury I think) is that he didn’t fully rupture the Achilles or he wouldn’t have even been able to do the stuff he already has. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Unless his injury isn’t actually as bad as we all assumed. The latest Twitter theory from Brandon Tierney (yeah I know, but he claims he had a similar type of injury I think) is that he didn’t fully rupture the Achilles or he wouldn’t have even been able to do the stuff he already has. 

Even if there's a chance that Rodgers can indeed return, man it just FEELS like it's always gotta be all about him.  Can't he just shut up about the injury and his status for a while, and then if he REALLY is that close and there's doctors truly willing to clear him to play, he can start talking about a shocking return becoming an actual thing THEN?!

The Jets have managed to go a very respectable 3-3 to start what looked like a lost season by default.  They beat Buffalo and even just took down one of the very best teams in the NFL...chances are that they're going to have to keep finding a way to do this with Zach under center.  So give the damned kid a chance to settle in without the "ME ME I MIGHT COME BACK ME ME ME!" crap.  Especially since there's a plenty good chance Aaron never takes another snap this season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like the Bills are going to find a way to pull out their game after being down by 12 in the fourth.

All is not well with the Bills…it’s a good thing they’re playing a dead team walking with a fat cat coach completely out of answers.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And somehow the Mac Jones and the Pats put together a GW TD drive.

Buffalo is officially not in a good place at all.  That is a TERRIBLE loss.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buffalo is so very vulnerable this year. Almost seems like their championship window is drawing to a close...good enough to make it and beat anyone, but a team that could just as easily lose to anyone in the NFL too.

They'll be in the playoffs this year but won't have a lot of believers among the pundits

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.