2023 New York J-E-T-S season thread

NJDevs4978

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Shockingly the Jets are now in a tie game…man post Daboll Josh Allen actually sucks 

Was just thinking that he might be overrated.  He’s killing his team tonight. 

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This is the perfect example of what CRASHER used to call an anti football game 

Saleh went into complete p*ssy mode on the Jets’ last possession (the one that led to a FG).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Saleh went into complete p*ssy mode on the Jets’ last possession (the one that led to a FG).

Well he did go for it on fourth and an inch…I can’t exactly blame him for going conservative after that cause of who his QB now is - even the TD was a sh!t throw 

Edited by NJDevs4978

That’s a rousing as fvck win for the Jets.  And a HORRIBLE loss for the Bills.

This is just beyond comprehension. Never in a million years did I see them winning this. But Josh Allen, well he can be sloppy with the football. And the Jets are good. They are a quality defense. Theyre a good team top to bottom...aside from Wilson. He will cost them games

you can't go out there with Zach Wilson. The rest of the team deserves a real QB. They're too good to waste a season with Zach Wilson to go 8-9 or something

Edited by '7'

Can they throw enough money at Phillip Rivers to get him to try to play the last few months? We know there was talk he would have played for the Niners in the Super Bowl once Purdy went down, but I think he only wants a short term gig if anything

I was hoping maybe Zach would be like late movie Willie Beamen in Any Given Sunday once Cap got hurt but not so much 

Edited by NJDevs4978

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well he did go for it on fourth and an inch…I can’t exactly blame him for going conservative after that cause of who his QB now is - even the TD was a sh!t throw 

Yeah you’re right on this…I’d forgotten how awful of a QB that Wilson really is.

I forgot about the Douglas connection but yeah as much as I hate him, Wentz is a better thrower of the football than Zach. And as far as the clubhouse cancer stuff goes, Wentz would be replacing a guy who pulled a ‘who me?’ act after the Pats debacle last year and had teammates wearing Mike White shirts. 

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I forgot about the Douglas connection but yeah as much as I hate him, Wentz is a better thrower of the football than Zach. And as far as the clubhouse cancer stuff goes, Wentz would be replacing a guy who pulled a ‘who me?’ act after the Pats debacle last year and had teammates wearing Mike White shirts. 

Yeah at least Wentz comes in with a clean slate, as far as the Jets go.  Zach is already not exactly loved by his teammates.  I’m sure several Jets are in “This fvcking guy AGAIN?!” mode, just as many Jets fans have to be.  

One guy whose name has popped up a lot (not sure if this is a smoke/fire) thing but twitter and everywhere seems to be Matt Ryan

Minshew and Wentz are definitely options. Maybe Wentz more so. But the team aside from Wilson is good. It's week 1, they're 1-0 and talented just coming off a 10 pt comeback win to a top division rival. You cant roll with wilson after Dallas. That's malpractice

Edited by '7'

5 minutes ago, '7' said:

One guy whose name has popped up a lot (not sure if this is a smoke/fire) thing but twitter and everywhere seems to be Matt Ryan

He hasn’t filed retirement papers yet, FWIW.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, '7' said:

Minshew and Wentz are definitely options. Maybe Wentz more so. But the team aside from Wilson is good. It's week 1, they're 1-0 and talented just coming off a 10 pt comeback win to a top division rival. You cant roll with wilson after Dallas. That's malpractice

Yeah no one wants Wilson to keep the job but what kind of game shape are Wentz and Ryan even in?  That's where this sh!t gets tricky, no matter how much no one associated with the Jets has any interest in seeing Zach play so much as another down.  

• Like 1

You know who isn’t overrated? Garret Wilson.

Of course after he changes the momentum the overrated D gives it right back with stone hands Sauce dropping another pick six

Wow great job, finally getting a third down stop and airhead JFM with another killer penalty cancels it out

Edited by NJDevs4978