GDT: Carolina @ Devils 12:30 PM ABC/ESPN+

MadDog2020

51 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

No you weren’t. 

He lost me when he said he would have rather had Kahkonen (he of the .883 save% last season) than VV to start last season.  That’s just dumb.

Nothing against him but some fans just second-guess like crazy whenever things don’t go as expected.  Did ANYONE think Hamilton was a bad signing when he scored 22 goals last season?  No fvcking way.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Did ANYONE think Hamilton was a bad signing when he scored 22 goals last season?  No fvcking way.

His absence should highlight how important he is to this team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

His absence should highlight how important he is to this team. 

Especially on the power play.  Not only would he not hesitate to shoot, but he’d also be all over the other guys when they hesitated.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Especially on the power play.  Not only would he not hesitate to shoot, but he’d also be all over the other guys when they hesitated.

This is my favorite part about Dougie and what I feel was really missed on the power play all year. Without him it was just pass-pass-pass looking for the perfect play which never worked and drove everyone insane in the process

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

This is my favorite part about Dougie and what I feel was really missed on the power play all year. Without him it was just pass-pass-pass looking for the perfect play which never worked and drove everyone insane in the process

Yeah Dougie gets off the bus shooting the puck. An ingredient sorely missed in general, but particularly on the power play. And I know Dougie isn’t the greatest at actually playing defense, but his veteran presence would help a very young blue line.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah Dougie gets off the bus shooting the puck. An ingredient sorely missed in general, but particularly on the power play. And I know Dougie isn’t the greatest at actually playing defense, but his veteran presence would help a very young blue line.

It definitely makes a difference to employ defensemen with experience playing against opposing teams and forwards.  As good as Nemec and Luke project to be, neither is as yet familiar with most of the league’s personnel, having played against teams four times at most.

• Like 2