Derek21

B.Mario Lemieux [ 6 ] [30.00%]

C.Nicklas Lidstrom [ 4 ] [20.00%]

D.Scott Niedermayer [ 4 ] [20.00%]

E.Martin St. Louis [ 4 ] [20.00%]

A.Ilya Kovalchuk [ 1 ] [5.00%]

F.Joe Thornton [ 1 ] [5.00%]

Total Votes: 20

Congrats to Mario Lemieux on taking sixth overall in our rankings.

NHL RANKINGS

1.Martin Brodeur, Devils

2.Jarome Iginla, Flames

3.Joe Sakic, Avalanche

4.Peter Forsberg, Avalanche

5.Markus Naslund, Canucks

6.Mario Lemieux, Penguins

With Lemieux taking sixth, it means that all three automatic qualifiers are still around. But here's what I am doing. Since Niedermayer received more votes than Kovalchuk, Niedermayer qualifies with Lidstrom and St. Louis.

Automatic qualifiers:

Lidstrom

St. Louis

Niedermayer

That said here's my three players for this round:

Ilya Kovalchuk

Joe Thornton

Jaromir Jagr

chara

hossa

kovalchuk

I really don't think it's fair to use last season as a measure of talent for Holik, because in all fairness last year was just another disaster year for the Rangers, especially considering the fact that the team was dismantled at the trade deadline. No one played well. Yeah, he runs his mouth too much (and did it way more than usual last season), but I still think he's the best in the game (like him or hate him). I don't think he's anywhere close to worth his contract, but he is a damn good two-way center.

I really don't think it's fair to use last season as a measure of talent for Holik, because in all fairness last year was just another disaster year for the Rangers, especially considering the fact that the team was dismantled at the trade deadline. No one played well. Yeah, he runs his mouth too much (and did it way more than usual last season), but I still think he's the best in the game (like him or hate him). I don't think he's anywhere close to worth his contract, but he is a damn good two-way center.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he's a damn good 2way guy, but for the past 2 years, or just time in general with the rangers for that matter, he hasn't been all that great.

Accounted for: Derek21, squishyx, Devils731, MissionHockey, RoughDraft, SHEDEVIL30, GoJohnnyGo, bruins4777, insanity_gallops, JesterDevil, aylbert

Automatic qualifiers:

Nicklas Lidstrom

Martin St. Louis

Scott Niedermayer

FINAL TALLIES:

*Kovalchuk- 6

*Thornton- 6

*Jagr- 5

Chara- 4

Pronger- 3

Hossa- 2

Seven tied with 1 (Bertuzzi, Blake, Heatley, Holik, Stevens, Sundin and Yzerman)