Rats vs. Phantoms, Tuesday @ 1 PM

RowdyFan42

See ya gotta learn to talk AND watch the game... or I'm just weird like that :blink:

HELLLLSSS no was I going under those steps to get that thing.. I'd re-screw my knee up !!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we shoulda had Rebecca get it then, since she had to reach for her sippy cup :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HA... cause THAT so worked !!!! :P

well here's the UNEDITED pics (well the ones not named are.. if you read this and they are all named I was done with them !!)

http://www.crasherline.net/04-05/rats-camp/10-15vsPhantoms

(tell me I got the link right please !!)

See ya gotta learn to talk AND watch the game... or I'm just weird like that  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that was my dilemma too, especially since I had to turn around so I could talk to all of you at once lol. I was half trying to watch the game and half trying to talk (and plus I figured most of you did want to watch the game), then at a certain point I gave up on watching the game anyway since nobody else really was and plus I did see a few minutes from behind the glass before coming over hehe.

blah I got home at about 5 :blink: Love that merge onto 80 -I thought one leaving at around 3:30 would have avoided all that. and people really wonder why I'd want a train to Newark...Pretty much what RD said. I have a fondness for Tenute though.. he's such a little cutey! I was surprised at how teeny he and then Parise and then Foster were.

Yeah no offense Jason but I'm not ready to share about Voros yet. I didn't like his persona on ice but what's that right? If can be turned Devil he'd be pretty neat though.

Maybe we shoulda had Rebecca get it then, since she had to reach for her sippy cup :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HA... cause THAT so worked !!!! :P

well here's the UNEDITED pics (well the ones not named are.. if you read this and they are all named I was done with them !!)

http://www.crasherline.net/04-05/rats-camp/10-15vsPhantoms

(tell me I got the link right please !!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: It was worth a shot ;)

BTW -- link didn't work :(

I have a fondness for Tenute though.. he's such a little cutey!  I was surprised at how teeny he and then Parise and then Foster were. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhhhhhhhh yeah, Tenute! He was so tiny! I could have sworn he was getting smaller with each shift! He makes Gionta look like Zdeno Chara!

His jersey looked WAY too big for him too, Sue and I were saying how his sweater looked like a dress or an oversized shirt a teenaged girl would wear to bed, :lol::rofl: They shoulda given him a youth sized jersey to wear! :)

Let's try this one at a time:

Pihlman: VERY quiet and didn't notice him much

Foster: 2 assists I think and good passes and makes plays (still reminds me of Gomez the way he moves and passes trhe puck)

Pikkarainen: Didn't notice him too much

Hale: LOTS of penalties but good ones... stood up for teammates

Janssen: Scrappy, feisty player I like him much !

Khomutov: We THINK he got the 3rd goal.... was on the line with Foster who was buzzing

Voros: Foster carried him and he rode his coattails... skates hard but not fast

this message has been approved by a panel of self-inducted hockey experts :evil:

Well I wrote this down at the game, and I am almost positive that I am right on every goal:

First Period

1 - 0 Phantoms goal - Mathieu Brunelle on the PP from R.J. Umberger and Boyd Kane

1 - 1 Rats goal - Aleksander Suglobov on the PP unassisted

Period 2

2 - 1 Phantoms goal Ben Eager from Peter White and Nick Deschnes

2 - 2 Rats goal Ryan Murphy from Ivan Khomutov and Aleksander Suglobov

Period 3

3 - 2 Rats goal Zach Parise from Aleksander Suglobov and Joey Tenute

4 - 2 Rats goal Aaron Voros from Adrian Foster and Cam Janessen

I also wanted to add I was REALLY impressed with Redhlis too.. I knew he could skate from last year... but he gets in there and was really aware in front of the net and did a super job of owning the slot too !!!

I dont remember who won each fight but the fights were

Ben Eager vs. Phil Cole

Wade Skolney vs. Rob Skrlac

Eric Meloche vs. David Hale

Josh Gratton vs. Cam Janssen

Ben Eager vs. Steven Spencer

Josh Gratton vs. Brett Clouthier

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looking to find out what happen in the Janssen vs Gratton bout ??????

Two former 1-2 heavyweights from Windser Spitfires 2 years ago.

I also wanted to add I was REALLY impressed with Redhlis too.. I knew he could skate from last year... but he gets in there and was really aware in front of the net and did a super job of owning the slot too !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do believe that someone pointed him out to you last year, right?

It's amazing how the Devils draft truly amazing... Hearing about Suglo and Foster and we know about Parise and they just really know what they're doing. You just take a deep breath and stick out your chest and say I'M A DEVILS FAN AND I'M PROUD OF IT!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's amazing how the Devils draft truly amazing... Hearing about Suglo and Foster and we know about Parise and they just really know what they're doing. You just take a deep breath and stick out your chest and say I'M A DEVILS FAN AND I'M PROUD OF IT!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lynsey only pointed out his skating.. but sorta :P... this was the first time I'd seen him play an actual GAME... he's willing to get his hands dirty in the front and all that cool physical stuff ... he was more impressive then I expected that's all !

First off.....I love how Voros plays. He stands infront and can't be moved. He hits like a train has soft hands but for the life of himself can't skate all that well. I was hoping he bulked up a little but meh.

Foster played with Khomutov and Voros from what I am hearing. Foster was amazing but Khomutov was also solid for a 19 year old with two breakaways and an assist. His wristshot is NHL star like.

Parise played with Suglobov and Pihlman and it seems this was the best line. Parise is amazing allround and Suglobov is scary offensivly. Pihlman needs to get his ass in gear.

Tenute is a player many will learn to love. In the OHL he was an offenisve powerhouse for the Sarnia Sting. He is actually alot like Gionta. Many people from OHL boards compare him to Tucker without the fighting.

When it is all said and done I feel the following will make the team.

1st line: Parise, Suglobov, Pihlman 2nd line: Foster, McAmmond, Khomutov 3rd line: Voros, Rheaume, Pikkarainen 4th line: Tenute, Murphy Extras: Janssen, Skrlac

Hale, DeMarchi, Allen, Schultz, Redlihs, Kadeikin Extra Kesa and Cole

Ahonen Clemmensen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lynsey only pointed out his skating.. but sorta :P... this was the first time I'd seen him play an actual GAME... he's willing to get his hands dirty in the front and all that cool physical stuff ... he was more impressive then I expected that's all !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is poor defensivly and weak one on one coverage. This was when he was playing for Latvia at the WC in April. He didn't do too bad but from what I hear he was their worst defensmen defensivly. I only seen him play one game in that tourney.

He is poor defensivly and weak one on one coverage. This was when he was playing for Latvia at the WC in April. He didn't do too bad but from what I hear he was their worst defensmen defensivly. I only seen him play one game in that tourney.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gee I'd swear I said I just watched him *checks watch* 9 hours ago play and he looked pretty good... I guess my application to your scouting department didn't get there yet... he looked like the Rats best D-man today... this could be a knock on the Phantoms too... but he looked good and got a TON of ice time