Average IQ of blue states vs. red states

David Puddy

It's a hoax. The same thing was tried in 2000.

http://sq.4mg.com/IQstates.htm

Guess it's better to call the other side stupid than it is to admit that your own party was wrong about a lot of its assumptions (I'm not referring to anyone here, just the people that set up the bogus IQ listing).

Edited by Desert Devil

Puddy and Petey.....you guys should check todays NYT specifically the election section. The last page has a map of the US broken down by blue and red counties. If you actually looked you would notice that there really are no blue states aside from Vermont only VERY VERY blue urban areas, such as Chicago, New York, San Francisco, etc. Just look at New Jersey. Monmouth and Ocean County which have some of the most well off areas in the state voted overwhelmingly for Bush, and Bergen county was pretty split. Hell, Bush's greatest positive vote differential in any county in the country was Orange county California. Any generalization of the electorate by intelligence is just plain stupid and is just grasping at straws. Anyways, I thought the standard stereotype of the GOP was that they are rich and white. All of those rich white people have sub-average IQ's?

But are those better educated people in Blue states all that much more likely to go Dem? I have my doubts. Look where the biggest positive vote differentials for Kerry in Jersey were; Camden, Atlantic, Hudson, and Essex counties. Not exactly the places most reknowned for their public education systems in the state.

I figure they are just snide comments or smilies so I delete them. If they are civil send them again and I promise to read them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o

You didn't even read 'em..............you have to give me more credit then that!

I have never battled anyone PM wise...........except '7' :D

But are those better educated people in Blue states all that much more likely to go Dem?  I have my doubts.  Look where the biggest positive vote differentials for Kerry in Jersey were; Camden, Atlantic, Hudson, and Essex counties.  Not exactly the places most reknowned for their public education systems in the state.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Montclair was 79% Kerry. I would assume most of the surrounding suburbs were similar.

I never said they would vote for Dems. I just said they were better educated.

To back that up here is a list of states and the percentage who completed college or better in 2002.

http://www.ssti.org/Digest/Tables/042503t.htm

It is listed alphabetically by state so it is kind of annoying but here is the top 10:

1) Maryland

2) Colorado

3) Virginia

4) Mass

5) Conn

6) NJ

7) Vermont

8) Minnesota

9) New Hampshire

10) Rhode Island

And the Bottom 10:

41) Louisiana

42) Nevada

43) Kentucky

44) Tennessee

45) Idaho

46) Mississippi

47) Oklahoma

48) Wyoming

49) Arkansas

50) West Virginia

The link also includes DC (and is ranked #1) but I did not include them as they are not a state.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.