Michael Moore planning sequel

LOTCB

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be held responsible for other people's badly structured sentences.

Couple of inaccuracies, Leeds. First, as I've already pointed out, I'm not a Democrat. I'm registered as an independent and I voted for Nader. Second, Moore's not the Dems' new spokesman. The donkeys don't say anything about Moore's lies for the same reasons the elephants don't say anything about Rush's lies: you don't silence someone with a bully pulpit if he's on your side, and you need to have some semblance of party unity.

This is pretty much the debate that I had with Sheeps before.

You don't see the right calling out Rush when he misleads the public.

But you do see the left calling out Mike when he misleads the public.

Which, in my opinion, is why the left always loses. We can't get anything done on the environment, child poverty is on the rise, the education system is a mess... yet we make no progress on these things because we're too busy fighting amongst ourselves to get anywhere.

I like Moore. Often I find him funny and innovative.

1st, Rush backs up all of his theories with articles and sources, unlike Moore that takes bits and pieces of footage and plays them out of context

2nd, unlike Micheal Moore, you can call up Rush and if you disagree with something he says or think he's a big fat liar you can tell him. I've never heard Rush losing an arguement when some liberal calls the show.

Was your sentence badly structured when you called me an ass?

You are, I assume, referring to this post. I specifically said that you ACT like an ass. No ambiguity there. My point -- perhaps badly made -- was that those of us who've been kicking around in the P&W forum since its inception know that you're actually quite intelligent and that you employ your usual schtick when you don't feel like engaging in an honest debate. You've even admitted it yourself on one or two occasions, though I can't seem to find the posts right now. Newcomers like bruins don't know the backstory, thus they see you as just a sh!t-stirrer.

Uhm, I just finished "Stupid White Men". And the last 25 pages is "sources". So for those that say that Rush backs his stuff up with sources and Moore does not is well, I won't say "lying" so I'll say "misleading the public".

1st, Rush backs up all of his theories with articles and sources, unlike Moore that takes bits and pieces of footage and plays them out of context

2nd, unlike Micheal Moore, you can call up Rush and if you disagree with something he says or think he's a big fat liar you can tell him. I've never heard Rush losing an arguement when some liberal calls the show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you actually read the articles I posted? It shows how blinded by bias you are that you think Rush is any different from Michael Moore.

Leeds... why do you continue to insist that Moore is the new face of the Democratic party?

It's a load of crap. He's just a guy who's out for his own agenda. He's anti-Bush more than anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See 3 posts above.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But why does that matter Jimmy? You make it sound like Moore shouldn't be allowed there? Like the Republicans didn't have special guests at the RNC at MSG back in September :blink:?

They even had some actor as a speaker for one of the nights. Ron something.

So, what's the difference?

Leeds... why do you continue to insist that Moore is the new face of the Democratic party?

It's a load of crap. He's just a guy who's out for his own agenda. He's anti-Bush more than anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See 3 posts above.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But why does that matter Jimmy? You make it sound like Moore shouldn't be allowed there? Like the Republicans didn't have special guests at the RNC at MSG back in September :blink:?

They even had some actor as a speaker for one of the nights. Ron something.

So, what's the difference?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ron Silver, a smart Democrat.

Rush Limbaugh is a spin-artist and he distorts, purposely. Franken's book details this very well.

Anyone who doesn't understand this, I should have the strength to put on ignore.

Don is absolutely right. The Right sincerely believes in people like Hannity and Limbaugh, which makes their position stronger. I'm not going to say Michael Moore is right, his solutions are simple-minded and rely on poor analogy. Bowling for Columbine is best viewed as an examination rather than a condemnation. Unfortunately, Michael Moore is now taking himself incredibly seriously and is going to make another film bashing Bush. Here's hoping no one goes to see it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1st, quoting the Drudge Report is not "backing up a theory with articles and sources." It's using a gossip queen from Miami as a news feed, and then never correcting the liteny of false stories he posts.

1st, Rush DOESN'T back up all of his theories with articles and sources, because he's not a journalist. Just like Hannity and Savage and Beck and Ingraham and any of a number of other conservative and liberal commentators on TV and radio, they're just ENTERTAINERS, who can say whatever they want and never have to worry about fact-checking because it's just their opinion, after all.

2nd...have you ever heard of a call screener? Or a mute button? Ever wonder how guys like Rush and Hannity are able to interrupt their liberal callers to argue a point, but the callers can't do the same? Because the callers aren't on equal footing. It's a hell of a lot easier to win an argument if you can control when things are said.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1st, quoting the Drudge Report is not "backing up a theory with articles and sources." It's using a gossip queen from Miami as a news feed, and then never correcting the liteny of false stories he posts.

1st, Rush DOESN'T back up all of his theories with articles and sources, because he's not a journalist. Just like Hannity and Savage and Beck and Ingraham and any of a number of other conservative and liberal commentators on TV and radio, they're just ENTERTAINERS, who can say whatever they want and never have to worry about fact-checking because it's just their opinion, after all.

2nd...have you ever heard of a call screener? Or a mute button? Ever wonder how guys like Rush and Hannity are able to interrupt their liberal callers to argue a point, but the callers can't do the same? Because the callers aren't on equal footing. It's a hell of a lot easier to win an argument if you can control when things are said.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love how this frustrates the left because they have no market here, and talk radio is 90% conservative. The Big 3 has been liberal for so long that they feel it's their God given right.

Nice spin job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spin? You were asking who this actor Ron was.........and it's Ron Silver, who is a lifelong Demoncrat........what spin are you talking about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the "spin" he was referring to was the fact that because Silver was supporting Bush you actually called a Democrat smart, Jimmy. Is that the first one you have ever called smart in public??? :evil:

Edited by SueNJ97

Jimmy spins once again.

I have no problem with conservative talk radio. If people want to listen to their own beliefs all day, that's fine. What I have a problem with is people repeating statements made on these shows as though they were facts. Rush Limbaugh consistently skews the facts, because he is an entertainer. Moore, as well. Both of their work is tinged with a self-righteous sarcasm that undercuts their beliefs.

Rush Limbaugh is a former top 40 DJ who has led a completely hypocritical existence.  He is both paralyzed and motivated by the same things that drive Michael Moore's rhetoric.

Anyone who seriously considers the opinion of either of these two men has nothing to say to me on politics that is of any worth.  Period.  Both are entertainers first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree. I always get a chuckle over the fact that some right wingers think what Rush says is the total truth, and extremist lefties think Moore tells no lies!!!!! :lol: BOTH Rush and Moore are fatass biASSED windbags. :puke:

Nice spin job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spin? You were asking who this actor Ron was.........and it's Ron Silver, who is a lifelong Demoncrat........what spin are you talking about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the "spin" he was referring to was the fact that because Silver was supporting Bush you actually called a Democrat smart, Jimmy. Is that the first one you have ever called smart in public??? :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, aside from that Sue, it was perfectly okay for Jimmy to support a celebrity like Silver who spoke at the RNC. But Michael Moore is labeled "the face of the Dems" because he sat next to Jimmy Carter :blink:.

LOL

Nice spin job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, aside from that Sue, it was perfectly okay for Jimmy to support a celebrity like Silver who spoke at the RNC. But Michael Moore is labeled "the face of the Dems" because he sat next to Jimmy Carter :blink:.

LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you insist in putting words in my mouth?

Please enlighten me as to where I said I "supported" him?

Of course you'll never respond because I didn't.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.