Low Attendence, Not Just A Devils Problem

Devil Dog

It appears that in spite of what has been written about the Devils attendence problems they are not the only team that is having trouble selling out their building. This from the Philly Inquirer:

Too bad the crowd was just 18,968. A couple of years ago, it was unthinkable that a Devils visit wouldn't draw at least 19,000, if not a sellout. If fans won't show up for New Jersey, then whom? Eric Lindros and the Rangers on Thursday? Perhaps.
:evilcry:

And this for a team in a sports crazy town, with a relatively new arena with all the perks and located within the business district of a major city. Not to mention that they were tied for first place in their division playing a hated rival. :P

Boston has had few actual sellouts this season dispite the fact they are in first place overall in the conference. The Rangers, while claiming sellouts based on sold tickets, have had very poor actual attendence this season. Many home games have seen too many empty seats in the lower bowl. :lol::lol:

Its too bad that everyone seems to enjoy focusing on our little surburban team when it comes to poor attendence.

I think Lou would be jumping for joy to have a thousand less than a sellout.

It's all about expectations. For Vancouver, I hope we can draw at least 15k.

And for Friday, can Mario get the first sellout? I hope we can get at least 17.5 for him.

You voted for Gore, didn't you.

:blink: ....oh oh.... I've heard it all :puke:

You should read some of my 'Off-Topic' posts before asking me that!!!

This better end here and now, it's not hockey related.

Apologies forthcoming from Mr. Leeds.

(Ultra conservative right wing wacko/UCRWW)

There are too many teams, too many games, regular season means little---everyone decent makes the playoffs, and the tix are expensive. Wouldn't pay 50 cents to see Nashville if they were playing in my backyard. NHL needs to address the reality. Many people here are bigger hockey fans than me, but if I'm not interested, they're certainly not getting the casual fan. Until football season is over (which as a Giants fan is pretty much here) . . . .

DevilDog,

You stole my thunder I was going to start a thread on this very topic but I'll add my two bits here.

As a Devils fan who constantly finds himself defending the teams attendance I was shocked as i looked arounf the FU Center last night. For a game against a diviosn rival and first place on the line the building was very much less then full. I was upstairs...way upstairs but there were pockets of empty seats everwhere. I know the Flyer fans will jump all over me for stating this or somehow blame the Devils but the place was no where near capacity.

Also as it was my first journey to the FU(soon to be the Wachovia)Center I must say I was less then impressed. Don'y get me wrong it's a nice arena with a lot of the bells and whistles that we hope to have in the near future but I didn't particularly like the configuration of the seats. I lost the play when it Nieds was boarded emm crosschecked. And teh crowd was sumwhat subdued. They really are all over that team and maybe for good reason they could be in some trouble..that PP was horrible.

Onward And upward..Go Devils!!

I think Lou would be jumping for joy to have a thousand less than a sellout.

It's all about expectations. For Vancouver, I hope we can draw at least 15k.

And for Friday, can Mario get the first sellout? I hope we can get at least 17.5 for him.

Spin..Spin..Spin/

Come on. You're not selling out..end of story. And there were many more then 1000 empty seats there last night.

really, it's the Democrats fault for the poor attendance, they shouldn't have let the Bushies get close enough to steal the election. We all know what a Bush economy is like, so you could see this coming. :rolleyes:

re-elect Gore in 2004

Thank God you are ineligible to vote......not being a citizen and all.

I know the Flyer fans will jump all over me for stating this or somehow blame the Devils but the place was no where near capacity.

Jump on you for what? After last spring's debacle a lot of us are taking a "wait and see" approach. And even with the fast start, I know for a fact a lot of us are waiting til April to see which team shows up. I speak for a lot when I say they have much to prove.

And no, it's not the economy. The Flyers have sold out their arenas in good times and bad. To my knowledge they only have a couple, if any sellouts this year. Season, group and singles are constantly advertised these days. It's the product on the ice, not the economy.

And no, it's not the economy. The Flyers have sold out their arenas in good times and bad. To my knowledge they only have a couple, if any sellouts this year. Season, group and singles are constantly advertised these days. It's the product on the ice, not the economy.

Rich...I would venture to say it is probably a little bit of both...not just for the Flyers or the Devils but for any team however then that is my opinion...good to see you again...have a great holiday season :)