Richter Out For The Season

NJayDevil

I never said the guy was better than White. But Blackjack hasn't watched too many Ranger games when he makes comments about Dale being overrated.

Dale has been terrific. Even the biggest Dale hater will tell you this. The offense was unexpected.

I never thought he'd be so improved skating-wise and jumping into the play with confidence. Not only that but his shot which never used to hit the net now does consistently.

On the PIM, why don't you do a game log and see how many of those came early in the season? Dale's become much more disciplined.

As for Klouch, he saw the NHL at 19 and gave your team problems in a couple of games from what I recall.

Nashville got itself a textbook defenseman. As long as they don't mess with Tomas, he'll develop into what I said.

The Rangers certainly couldn't have used this type :rolleyes: .

Anyway, what's White on your team? A 4th defenseman. Dale's a 3 right now. Hard to believe.

Sorry Derek, if Dale is that good you have my apology. I simply don't get Ranger games, otherwise I'd be happy to watch them and give an opinion based solely on play. I can only go by stats and subjective reviews. You said yourself that Kloucek is 5 times the skater that Purinton is. I still think that White is better though. If Purinton was playing as well as White there would be articles all over the place. I saw some articles a few weeks ago, but most said that he was doint better than expected, not that he was one of the top dmen on the team.

Any Preds fan who bitches about this deal has to be joking. You just ripped the Rangers off badly.

I can't wait to see Kloucek become the next Hatcher/Stevens. What will all you fans be saying then? I will be right. Mark my words. He'll become a fearsome player for Nashville.

Well as things go Kloucek will become good, as well will Murray play some of the best hockey of his life. Just as most Ranger players preform better once they leave the Rangers.

But don't be so quick to dismiss Dunham as being a waste. He has been playing behind one of worst teams in hockey for the past few years. I don't care who you are if you don't have any support in front of you it is difficult to be at your best night after night. I suspect this Dunham deal will be looked on as a steal (benefiting the Rangers)in a few months. Blackburn has been showing the effects of the heavy load he has been carrying and if this deal wasn't done he most likely would have been on his way to being ruined.

Also Kloucek needs to learn how to skate much much better before anyone can even begin to compare him to a future hall of famer. He skates as well as Turner. And don't get me going on Mr. No speed, No stability, Stone hands Stevenson.

the reason ranger fans are excited about purinton this year is because he was so horribly pathetic last year, easily one of the top candidates for 'worst player in the league'. the guy was only on the ranger roster last year to appease their fetish for gooning up the team as much as possible to 'scare' opponents into losing.

I think Dunham takes them farther than Blackburn would.

Blackburn is sooo big that his legs looks slow - too slow to get down, too slow to get back up - but I think he can correct that in the future.

Dunham gets the Rags into playoffs - which is what their goal for this year should be.

Anyone know Dunham's contract status?

Jim, you're snappy since getting back online! ;)

Back to the Richter topic, isn't that what this thread is about? I think Mike #1 is toast and Mike #2 will/should get some more time between the pipes, Blackburn is getting fried. No sympathy for him as he is a Rag yet he really is not developed and is getting worn down, me thinks.

derek, i have watched some rangers games (jimmy, sometimes i am that bored lol) . so purinton learned how to stickhandle a little ...... the guy thinks he's brian leetch now. how many times has he pinched in at the wrong time leading to a turnover? how many times has he taken dumb penalties? he's a horrible defenseman who's only NHL playing time should be with the atlanta thrashers.

Purinton (aka Terry Gilliam) has never put up offensive numbers at any level of pro hockey in his career. His 7 assists this season beats out his numbers in the ECHL.

The guy is a 4 TOPS, the fact that he's getting #3 minutes (if that really is true) would disturb me, I don't care how well he's playing.