Parise Joins Men at World Champs

HockyStr99

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story.asp?id=123812

U.S. gets Parise for world championship

TSN.ca Staff

5/4/2005

Two-time U.S. National Junior Team member Zach Parise will join the U.S. Men's National Team at the IIHF Men's World Championship in Austria.

Parise, a first round pick of the New Jersey Devils in the 2003 National Hockey League Entry Draft, recently completed the 2004-05 season with the Devils' top American Hockey League affiliate, the Albany River Rats.

In his professional debut, Parise finished second on the team in scoring with 58 points (18-40) in 73 games.

Prior to joining the River Rats, Parise played two seasons of NCAA Division I college hockey at the University of North Dakota (2002-04), while also representing the United States at both the 2003 and 2004 IIHF World Junior Championships.

After leading the U.S. National Junior Team to a fourth-place finish at the 2003 IIHF World Junior Championship with four goals and four assists, Parise was named the tournament MVP in 2004 with 11 points (5-6) as Team USA won its first-ever gold medal in the event. In addition, he joined the U.S. National Under-18 Team for the 2002 IIHF World Under-18 Championship, where he helped the United States to the first gold medal by any U.S. team in an A-Pool IIHF World Championship since 1933.

Parise will join the U.S. Men's National Team in Austria on Thursday.

IIHF would only sell the games as a whole package and not just the US and Canadian games and no network was willing to pony up for that IMO. At least thats what I read in the article on why MSG and FSNY wouldn't be showing it.

No ESPN said they had "scheduling conflicts". Morons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They were reluctent to sandwich it between senior wheelchair bowling & strongest dwarf challenge in nepal.

If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry. ;)

Welp, I'm not sure that I'll watch the game myself. All the games are either at 10am or 2pm. I mean, hockey is THE game here obviously, so people know the score before they leave work. I mean, guys will be yelling the score over the cubicle dividers. And I have a hard time watching a game when I know what the score is going to be.