L Jaroslav Svoboda $0.50M

C Niko Kapanen $0.50M

G Mike Smith $0.45M

G Dan Ellis $0.55M

D Lubomir Sekeras Not listed

R Valeri Bure Not listed

G Ron Tugnutt Not listed

Total: 21.23 million

I always wanted the entire Columbus Blue Jackets roster!

Viktor Kozlov to be traded from the New Jersey Devils to the Columbus Blue Jackets

From New Jersey Devils:

D Scott Niedermayer $7.00M

D Richard Matvichuk $1.80M

C Viktor Kozlov $2.30M

G Scott Clemmensen Not listed

Total: 11.10 million

From Columbus Blue Jackets:

D Rostislav Klesla $1.18M

G Marc Denis $2.00M

D Scott Lachance $2.00M

G Pascal LeClaire $1.13M

C Alexander Svitov $1.13M

R Tim Jackman $0.73M

R David Vyborny $1.50M

C Jeremy Reich $0.40M

D Scott Heffernan $0.45M

C Espen Knutsen $1.50M

D Duvie Westcott $0.53M

C Todd Marchant $2.90M

L Geoff Sanderson $3.00M

G Fred Brathwaite Not listed

C Brian Holzinger Not listed

Total: 18.45 million

took me 16 tries:

Draft Order:

1. NJD ( 2.1%)

2. NYI ( 2.1%)

3. Chi ( 4.3%)

4. Buf ( 6.8%)

5. Col ( 2.4%)

6. Dal ( 2.5%)

7. Cgy ( 5.1%)

8. Wsh ( 2.7%)

9. Pit ( 8.3%)

10. Tor ( 3.0%)

11. CBJ ( 9.4%)

12. Min ( 6.9%)

13. Ana ( 7.4%)

14. NYR ( 12.0%)

15. Nsh ( 9.1%)

16. Car ( 10.0%)

17. Mtl ( 5.6%)

18. Edm ( 11.8%)

19. Stl ( 6.7%)

20. LAK ( 14.3%)

21. Atl ( 16.7%)

22. Phx ( 20.0%)

23. Tam ( 12.5%)

24. Phi ( 14.3%)

25. Det ( 16.7%)

26. Fla ( 20.0%)

27. Van ( 25.0%)

28. Ott ( 33.3%)

29. Bos ( 50.0%)

30. SJS (100.0%)

How bout THIS trade:

Jan Hrdina to be traded from the New Jersey Devils to the Tampa Bay Lightning

From New Jersey Devils:

L Jeff Friesen $3.00M

D Richard Matvichuk $1.80M

C Jan Hrdina $2.40M

D Sean Brown $0.50M

Total: 7.70 million

From Tampa Bay Lightning:

D Pavel Kubina $3.10M

L David Andreychuk $1.80M

C Cory Stillman Not listed

R Nikita Alexeev $1.18M

C Jean Francois (J.F.) Soucy $0.33M

D Brad Lukowich $1.27M

L Dimitri Afanasenkov $0.88M

L Chris Dingman $0.75M

L Andre Roy $0.93M

D Pascal Trepanier Not listed

Total: 10.24 million

or this one:

Marian Gaborik to be traded to the New Jersey Devils from the Minnesota Wild

From New Jersey Devils:

L Jeff Friesen $3.00M

Total: 3.00 million

From Minnesota Wild:

R Marian Gaborik $2.90M

Total: 2.90 million

I'd do that second one in a HEARTBEAT!

Edited by RD

I'm tellin ya, the Rangers are gonna wind up with Crosby. I don't trust the league on this one at all. They set it up specifically so the Rangers would be one of only 3 teams with 3 balls. The fix is in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do realize there are facts as to why it was setup that way?

Personally, when I see other fans panic and resort to fix comments, I think they're scared to death that if the Rangers get him, he will put them back on the map and make them a contender for years.

I love it!

If the Rangers win, I'll believe there was more to it than just giving them more balls than most teams.

I'm not "scared" that the Rangers will become competitive. This whole lockout was about putting teams on an EQUAL footing. You don't do that by putting the best player in a decade in one of the biggest hockey markets. I'd love to see him in San Jose, Buffalo or Calgary. Some will claim that will be the deathknell of the NHL. I don't think so. The NHL grew quite well with Gretzky in Edmonton.

I'd hate to see "special favours" or corruption put Crosby on the Rangers for the sake of profit.

I'm tellin ya, the Rangers are gonna wind up with Crosby. I don't trust the league on this one at all. They set it up specifically so the Rangers would be one of only 3 teams with 3 balls. The fix is in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do realize there are facts as to why it was setup that way?

Personally, when I see other fans panic and resort to fix comments, I think they're scared to death that if the Rangers get him, he will put them back on the map and make them a contender for years.

I love it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There a million different ways they could've structured it- plain and simple. The best way would've been to give every team 1 ball. This is what they chose- and oh- SURPRISE- the Rangers have 3 balls. If you deny there could be a fix in the works, you're naive. And if the Rangers do get him, yes of course I would think that as a Devils fan. But I still have faith that Sather, Renney, and Dolan will ruin him- because after-all- we're talking about the New York Rangers- the laughing stock organization of pro sports.

There a million different ways they could've structured it- plain and simple. The best way would've been to give every team 1 ball. This is what they chose- and oh- SURPRISE- the Rangers have 3 balls. If you deny there could be a fix in the works, you're naive. And if the Rangers do get him, yes of course I would think that as a Devils fan. But I still have faith that Sather, Renney, and Dolan will ruin him- because after-all- we're talking about the New York Rangers- the laughing stock organization of pro sports.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I voted Yes in Clown's poll. Why. Cause it's ridiculous that the teams that are worse only have a couple of more balls than the best teams. That's just not enough of a gap.

When a team like the Leafs gets him, I won't be shocked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I voted Yes in Clown's poll. Why. Cause it's ridiculous that the teams that are worse only have a couple of more balls than the best teams. That's just not enough of a gap.

When a team like the Leafs gets him, I won't be shocked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean- from your perspective, of course you'd want the Rangers to have maybe 5 balls to the Devils' 1. But considering there was no season and no results from which to draw, I say throw 30 balls in the can and whoever gets Crosby gets him. It's pretty fair if you ask me.

I realize this isn't a terribly viable option, especially with the trading of picks and CBA ramifications and all.  But how about no draft this year and have one next year under standard rules with twice as many rounds?  Have next years draft class be this year's and next combined?

Just a thought.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a bad idea. But logistically, I don't know if it would be possible.

I just don't want the Flyers to get him. If the ranger$ get Crosby they'll still be lousy. But the Flyers can really be something especially since Clarke gets this one time buy-out to erase all of his mistakes.

The odds:

3 balls - 6.25%

2 balls - 4.17%

1 balls - 2.08%

That's just not much of an advantage. That's why I feel the way I do. Not just my team that's impacted either. I will maintain that not getting Crosby doesn't mean it's bad. This is a deep draft. If they don't get him, I hope they still wind up in the top five.

I just don't want the Flyers to get him.  If the ranger$ get Crosby they'll still be lousy.  But the Flyers can really be something especially since Clarke gets this one time buy-out to erase all of his mistakes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the Flyers getting him would be worse for sure because they're a Crosby away from possibly winning the Cup. But I can't see the league fixing it so Crosby wound up in Philthy- I can DEFINATELY see them fixing it so he winds up at the Garden, which is why I'm a little more concerned about the Rangers getting him. Either the Rangers or Flyers winding up with him bothers me of course though.

I'd love to see him wind up on Chicago, but that could end up going miserably if they don't start winning/making the playoffs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. I'd love the idea of Chicago winning it, but I hope ownership wouldn't screw up the situation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's like saying you hope the sun doesn't rise tomorrow. As long as Wirtz owns that team, they're screwed.

Draft Order:

1. NJD ( 2.1%)

2. Cgy ( 4.3%)

3. Stl ( 2.2%)

4. NYR ( 6.8%)

5. Wsh ( 2.4%)

6. Col ( 2.5%)

7. CBJ ( 7.7%)

8. Edm ( 5.6%)

9. Det ( 2.9%)

10. Ana ( 6.1%)

11. Buf ( 9.7%)

12. Mtl ( 3.6%)

13. Min ( 7.4%)

14. LAK ( 8.0%)

15. Tam ( 4.3%)

16. Phx ( 9.1%)

17. Pit ( 15.0%)

18. Atl ( 11.8%)

19. Van ( 6.7%)

20. Dal ( 7.1%)

21. Chi ( 15.4%)

22. Ott ( 9.1%)

23. Bos ( 10.0%)

24. Car ( 22.2%)

25. Nsh ( 28.6%)

26. NYI ( 20.0%)

27. SJS ( 25.0%)

28. Tor ( 33.3%)

29. Fla ( 50.0%)

30. Phi (100.0%)

I kid you not, the first time. Can it get any better, Devils 1, Flyers 30.