Game Thread: Njd@nyr

Weekes Head

There was a play in front of the net and White pretty much body slammed Holik. I love it when a guy commit an obvious penalty like that then look to the ref with his arms sprad saying "who me?"

That was so NOT a body slam! :o Holik was fumblefeckin' all around Marty -- you know how he is - and finally White sort of picked him up and threw him off. It was a lame call. Stevens wouldn't have been called on it. Then the other White penalty was lame too -- like minor choppy kind of cross checking but like how Dano and Stevens always do! It was such a dummass call! Maybe a little high but White's tall he can't help it!

Holik deserved the third star like he deserves a third nut. What for playing like he should have been all year? For getting it up for his former team - because that's so hard? It was a stupid call. Gomez deserved it more for his goal and his cute little save there too!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a play in front of the net and White pretty much body slammed Holik. I love it when a guy commit an obvious penalty like that then look to the ref with his arms sprad saying "who me?"

Kinda like your "savior" Kaspar did when holding Friesen's left arm in front of Dunham when it was a clear penalty?

Yeah, I love that too.

btw, I love how Kasper goes after Elias after the horn sounds, and there's no roughing call. Nice diving effort after 5' 7 Brian Gionta pulled him away though.

That really was hysterical. Little Gionta reaches around to put his arm between them and Kaspar goes down like a sack of wet cement. And he's looking around for a call...

The 3 stars were right on. Holik deserved it with the way he played. It's not always about goals or points. Holik was everywhere in last night's game driving his ex-team nuts.

Brodeur got lucky too with the post.

Nice to see that the people who selected the 3 stars at last night's game weren't as biased as the writers at CAA 11/21. They had the audacity to select all 3 Devils when clearly Poti or Messier deserved one.

The 3 stars were right on. Holik deserved it with the way he played. It's not always about goals or points. Holik was everywhere in last night's game driving his ex-team nuts.

Brodeur got lucky too with the post.

Nice to see that the people who selected the 3 stars at last night's game weren't as biased as the writers at CAA 11/21. They had the audacity to select all 3 Devils when clearly Poti or Messier deserved one.

croinky what a homer

Rafy had 2 assists ina 2-2 gsame and doesn't get 3rd star over someone who had no points but in the biased ny media point of view was" back to his old agitating self"?

not buying it

holik did not affect the outcome of this game at all

it was the devs inabiloity to score a PP goal that doomed them, and that is all

It's not always about goals or points. Holik was everywhere in last night's game driving his ex-team nuts.

In the end it is about goals and assists and preventing goals and assists. Its hard to say a player who was involved in half the goals in the game is less deserving than someone who was involved in none of them. But of course this comes from a biased Devils fan who couldn't be like the unbiased Ranger fans. :lol:

-Scott