Lou Lamoriello on the Fan590 Right Now

devilsrule33

im happy to hear that burns is doing better, but what the radio talk host was saying made some sense, if lou has to trade someone it will have to be atleast 3 million and he thinks it will be madden. i think it will be friesen and someone else cause madden is really important to the devs.

He talked about Scott Stevens and what he meant to the team. One of the guys asked about the quote Lou said about the defense the Devils have now is better then the one last year. Lou said it might have been taken out of context. What he meant was the defense is better now then the one that ended the season in 2004 against the Flyers with Martin, White, Rafalski and Hale all getting better and additions of Matvichuk, Malakhov and McGillis.

They asked about him being over the cap and he says he has until October 1st and promised he will be down to the 39 million cap by then.

He talked about the health of Pat Burns as well.

And the host becomes the thousandth person to get the Madden salary wrong, Madden's salary's actually closer to $2.5 million as has been explained because of bonuses in the original contract that don't count against the cap. Lou's not going to trade a Selke winner with a cap figure of $2.5 million when the defense has already taken major hits this offseason.

Do they archive any of their audio interviews, a la WFAN?

Edited by Hasan4978

im happy to hear that burns is doing better, but what the radio talk host was saying made some sense, if lou has to trade someone it will have to be atleast 3 million and he thinks it will be madden. i think it will be friesen and someone else cause madden is really important to the devs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even though I think Elias would make a good captain most people favor Maddog to get it. I can't see Lou trading madden especially when he has much less needed players making a lot of money.