Jets Win Division!

NJDevs4978

All I can say is...HOW SWEET IT IS!!! Not only winning the division, not only coming back from a 2-5 start, not only killing the Packers and winning a game when it matters most for once, but knocking out BOTH the hated Patriots and the hated Phins in the process :)

Congrats to 7 and whoever else here is a fellow Jet fan. If ANYONE deserves a day like this it's Jet fans :P

Belated congrats to the Giants and their fans (which seem to be the majority here. :lol: ) for their great win yesterday too. I have to admit, somehow it wouldn't have seemed right if you guys had had your moment in the sun and we didn't. But we both have, and deservedly so.

Yeah, I feel the same way :) . I'm happy to see your team not break your heart again.

It's nice for the football fans because when's the last time these two teams have been in the playoffs together the same year.

Good luck next week vs Indianapolis.

I happen to be one of those "crazy" dual Jet & Giant fans. (yes I know, some people liken it to being a Devils and a Rangers fan), but not for me. This weekend was amazing. And yes, the best part Derek was eliminating the Pats & Fish at the same time.

Woo hoo!!! What a season for the Jets! Who would've ever thought they'd make the playoffs after such an awful start?! That was a great game- Pennington was awesome! :clap:

Pennington is a miracle worker and this entire season was something spectacular. The Jets were dead before kickoff and somehow were AFC East Champions at 7:30, INCREDIBLE!!!

I've had football fever the past few weeks, sort of forgot about the boring NHL and the boring Devils for a while.

7:

Jet haters like yourself have been proven wrong so many times the past couple of weeks.

Jet haters? Heck I thought they were dead at least three times this year and so did a lot of other Jet fans I know. Don't tell me you believed the Jets would get in the playoffs all along :lol: Because it would completely baffle me you being an optomistic Jet fan and a pessimistic Devil fan - if anything it should be reversed because of that team's star-crossed history when it counts up till recently.

That said I do think they should beat the Colts, at home in January against a dome team that's always had trouble winning in the playoffs, hot team, better team on paper...all of that favors the Jets. Then again the Jets had everything going for them against the Bears too. The Jets always seem to do well when they have fear and crap out when they don't. Hopefully they finally learned that lesson after the Chicago disaster. Not to mention the Colts always play us tough anyway.

After last season with the Hall field goal, I did become a more optimistic Jets fan, they were never out if it this year, the division was always in reach, even at 2-5 they had a shot. Everything was so tight in the AFC that 9-7 was going to be good enough for a wild card or division title. They beat the right teams, had all the tiebreakers, and got the job done.

I have to admit even though we made the playoffs last year and even though we showed grit in the Oakland game, the season as a whole did not really impress me. The Jets squeezed out a lot of one-point wins against bad teams (Indy, Cinci, Car) and had seemingly five turnovers in every win. Heck even the Oakland game was for naught considering they lost in Oakland the next week anyway.

And at 2-5 this year, having been outscored 102-13 in three straight games (a worse stretch as I can remember, even worse than any three-game stretch in the ill-fated Kotite regime), there were real problems. But the team did show me a lot over the last three months, even with the hiccup in Chicago that probably should have ended the Jets' season except that everything that had to happen for us did (Miami losing to the Vikes, NE's comeback win against Miami and losing to Tennessee) and we took advantage of it with two impressive wins.

I still don't get how you can be more optomistic about the Jets than about the Devils; that's almost like being an optomistic Ranger fan and pessimistic Yankee fan. :P