Praise for Oliwa, Langdon and Marshall!!

OliwaHammerTime

Its about time this board praises the tough guys. For once we will see 3 bonafied enforcers suit up for the Devils this year. We got Oliwa back, and now Langdon has joined the org, and of course Grant Marshall!!

Will be interesting to see, atleast teams won't push the Devs around with these guys dressed. I am glad Lou sees the importance of these guys and gets rid of Friesen, and hopefully Brylin is next so that all 3 of these guys can play more.

Oliwa should get 30 fights, Langdon around 15-17, and Marshall 10-12. Things will be exciting for sure.

:evilcry:

Its about time this board praises the tough guys.  For once we will see 3 bonafied enforcers suit up for the Devils this year.  We got Oliwa back, and now Langdon has joined the org, and of course Grant Marshall!!

Will be interesting to see, atleast teams won't push the Devs around with these guys dressed.  I am glad Lou sees the importance of these guys and gets rid of Friesen, and hopefully Brylin is next so that all 3 of these guys can play more.

Oliwa should get 30 fights, Langdon around 15-17, and Marshall 10-12.  Things will be exciting for sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trade Oliwa

Its about time this board praises the tough guys.  For once we will see 3 bonafied enforcers suit up for the Devils this year.  We got Oliwa back, and now Langdon has joined the org, and of course Grant Marshall!!

Will be interesting to see, atleast teams won't push the Devs around with these guys dressed.  I am glad Lou sees the importance of these guys and gets rid of Friesen, and hopefully Brylin is next so that all 3 of these guys can play more.

Oliwa should get 30 fights, Langdon around 15-17, and Marshall 10-12.  Things will be exciting for sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trade Oliwa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep Oliwa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...in Albany

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trade Oliwa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep Oliwa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...in Albany

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

with the Devils...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...farm team

Oliwa, Langdon, and Marshall do deserve a lot of credit. A lot of the members on these boards do not give credit where credit is due. These players go out and stick up for our skilled players, and are entertaining in the process. If you really believe Oliwa should be sent down to the farm system, you are not a true fan of this sport and are ignorant to the energy and presence I player like Oliwa brings to an organization. I am happy he is a Devil.

Oliwa, Langdon, and Marshall do deserve a lot of credit.  A lot of the members on these boards do not give credit where credit is due.  These players go out and stick up for our skilled players, and are entertaining in the process.  If you really believe Oliwa should be sent down to the farm system, you are not a true fan of this sport and are ignorant to the energy and presence I player like Oliwa brings to an organization.  I am happy he is a Devil.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:hail::hail::hail:

Oliwa, Langdon, and Marshall do deserve a lot of credit.  A lot of the members on these boards do not give credit where credit is due.  These players go out and stick up for our skilled players, and are entertaining in the process.  If you really believe Oliwa should be sent down to the farm system, you are not a true fan of this sport and are ignorant to the energy and presence I player like Oliwa brings to an organization.  I am happy he is a Devil.

Hi and welcome to both of you (oliwahammer). From what I have read on these forums has been mostly complimentary of Oliwa being back. I still miss Jim McKenzie though, I thought he was funny off the ice. I still hope they hire him to replace one of the FSNY voices (not Doc of course).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I'm ignorant of the sport. Oliwa makes the same as Pandolfo and more than Brown, Gionta, Langdon, Marshall, Martin and Rasmussan. I would take any of those players (yes even Brown) over Oliwa. You are right we should pay a forth line enforcer almost a million because there is no one who can do his job for less money and because there is no cap. :rolleyes:

I agree with SC Devs Fan.

3 is too many, Oliwa @ 850K is too much IMO.

Also , the fourth lines on teams should play even LESS with the "new" NHL

Lets not worry only about Philly and what happened in 04 (We're bigger on D now anyway). There are other very good FAST teams in the east (T.B., OTT) that need to be dealt with too.

Edited by John Wensink

Marshall skates like everyone else is on ice and he is skating in mud. I don't think he'll fit in great in the new NHL. I'd rather have Oliwa over Marshall and probably over Langdon also, although I haven't really watched Langdon in a few years so I hope I'll get to see him in a pre-season game first.

I like Kris, and I was happy to see the strides he has made in his skating skills. But I don't think he adds anything that Marshall doesn't already bring to the table. Langdon, I have no idea. All three seem to take up a lot of room on the bench.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oliwa: Too much cash, just to kick ass.

good fvcking god with the quotes people :P

CLEAN UP YOUR POSTS !!!

anyway... IF oliwa can keep down the dumb penalties (and he had three in the first game) he's a force on the 4th line... if he doesn't... he's a waste of space, it's really that simple

I won't shed any tears if Langdon is tossed though....

also we have no idea how hurt Ras is too... I like the possiblity of a bager line (I will NEVER call them a Crash line until they EARN that right :P) in Oliwa-Rheaume/Ras-Marshall though... but Oliwa has to avoid Colin-itis of the brain !

Oliwa has actually developed some skills and can work the cycle down low really well. He is a solid 4th line grinder along with the fact that he can brawl with the best of them.

Just the fact that this guy emerged out of the Polish coal mines to become the player he is in the NHL proves that he's a winner.

OLIWA!!! WARSAW RISING!!!