No Esche on Friday night vs. Devils

olesha

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitchcock said (in Philly papers) he's starting Niitty tonight and Esche against Toronto because he didn't want Niitty to go that long without a start since they have a gap in the early schedule.

I think too many people are reading into this as a goalie contreversy when it's not.  Both guys are solid, but both guys should be starters.  If Niitty plays well this year (he won the Calder Cup last spring) then something will have to give and the Flyers will move one of them (most likely Esche since Niitty is younger).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't see this as a goalie controversy when I posted it .. just as a tidbit of information for devs fans who would want to know who we are facing tonight .... since the flyers are the odds-on fave to win the Cup ... I thought it was interesting that they are already starting a different goalie for their second game of the season .. this smacks of the bouch-Roman C stuff :P

and my comment Marty's better is just that ... as far as I'm concerned I don't care who is in goal tonight ... Marty is still better than any goalie in the NHL :hail:

hilarious -

when you guys actually get a forward like Jagr, then start to gloat. Esche did just fine shutting down you guys in the playoffs before you got gutted.

And you couldn't even get a single goal past Nittymaki TWO YEARs ago as an AHLer.

There isn't a goaltending controversy, Nittymaki is starting 'cause you guys have no firepower whatsoever - it will be an easy shutout for the young lad.

Foppa and Gagne will have a field day skating circles around Colin White and McGillis.

6-0 flyers.

Edited by flyerland

hilarious -

when you guys actually get a forward like Jagr, then start to gloat.  Esche did just fine shutting down you guys in the playoffs before you got gutted. 

And you couldn't even get a single goal past Nittymaki TWO YEARs ago as an AHLer. 

There isn't a goaltending controversy, Nittymaki is starting 'cause you guys have no firepower whatsoever - it will be an easy shutout for the young lad.

Foppa and Gagne will have a field day skating circles around Colin White and McGillis. 

6-0 flyers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice flamebait. I'd advice not to feed the trolls.

hilarious -

when you guys actually get a forward like Jagr, then start to gloat.  Esche did just fine shutting down you guys in the playoffs before you got gutted. 

6-0 flyers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:hi:

Derek, was it nuts to bench Boucher in 2000 as well? He took them just as far.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The timing of it makes no sense Sammy. That was a bit of a different situation. They brought in Vanbiesbrouck and as the season went on, Boucher became the starter. Niittymaki is supposed to be very talented. My one thing is didn't he shutout the Devils in his NHL debut? Maybe that's the thinking.

hilarious -

6-0 flyers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aren't we just a tad confident? Man, I hope the Devils kick your ass tonight. What are you going to say when Brodeur shuts you out?

hilarious -

6-0 flyers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We don't need high profile nancy-boys like Floppa and Simone, because we don't need them.

If Floppa makes it through this game I will be surprised. When they are peeling Floppa off the boards after he is crushed by Colin White I am sure he will be pining for the Western Division figure skating type of play and regretting his move to the eastern conference.

Come back here when you actually win something this decade.

um...niity allowed a goal.

he allowed a goal in every single one of his NHL games...so ya...

he allowed 1 goal on like 31 shots or something. i remeber this cause i remeber the score ended 3-1 or 4-1 or something and the flyers brutally dominated the opening 10 minutes and brodeur was flying around stopping everything like there was no tomorow, then he folded and played average the rest of the way and niity won the overal battle.

he allowed a goal to the caps in a win over them too and i forget the third team he played, it might come back to me later.

hilarious -

6-0 flyers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People like you are what gives Flyers fans their reps. What an idiotic post. Tonights game will be close. I think the Flyers will probably win tonight because:

A) they got their asses handed to them by a crappy team at home 2 days ago.

B) the Devils are on the road coming off a win.

C) the Flyers NEED it more than the Devils do.

Regardless of the outcome there will still be 80 games left for both teams in a VERY VERY long season where anything can happen.