NFL Week Seven

Derek21

If the Saints got screwed again that's their own fault. You just can't lose to a Ram team without its QB, two top WR's and head coach, but the Saints always find a way to fvck it up...

CRASHER if the offense had 26 points in two games last year and the QB threw a game-losing INT you would have been blaming Vinny :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't fair to say Has. The Saints are a pretty bad team to begin with with a crappy QB themselves. They have huge injuries as well as Deuce and Horn are both out. Both ways it was a horrible call. I don't know how no ref stepped in and said that he was down. One of the worst calls of the season.

Edited by devilsrule33

CRASHER if the offense had 26 points in two games last year and the QB threw a game-losing INT you would have been blaming Vinny :P

Well if Vinny had actually won a few games for the Cowboys by week 6, I MIGHT have given him a semi-pass :P

besides I secretly hate Parcells more then Vinny

Hey Crasher. That same Cortez was good enough to beat the Giants last week :lol:.

Using Cortez and the word 'good' in any facet is like saying the words Testaverde and Hall of Fame around me :P

I can prove this too, cause Brian does sometimes post here... that every time this bum kicks a field goal I hide my head on the bar refusing to look till Laflamme tells me he missed it and then I smack him for it!!!

This is the same idiot who missed SIX EXTRA POINTS IN SAN FRAN LAST YEAR

he's the Vinny of kickers and DR I dunno what kinda sex acts he performs to keep getting jobs... there HAS to be someone better out there!!

I finally saw the INT thrown by Bledsoe.  :puke:

Thanks, Drew.

I also ask you why, do you decide to throw a 15 yard sideline pass with no time left when you just dink and dunked TWICE in a tie game with the other team out of time outs when you have a better chance in OT, with a team you only allowed 10 points with you THEN decide to be aggressive when you run the ball up the gut TWICE after the gift botched punt to set you up 12 yards from the kill shot in that game ???

It's easy to blame Bledsoe when you didn't see the whole game but Parcells (again) had some major brain farts too... anyone else see when he shoved Payton away when he was arguging with the refs ?

Ugh....that's all I can say about the Cowboys game...again they controlled the whole game only to fall short in the closing minutes....It is completely insane and it is easy to blame Bledsoe but again the play calling is really at fault...Peyton calling the plays is horrible...although the flea-flicker (which was ultimately botched) was a decent call at the time there just seemed too many times on third and long that they ran it...too many times on second down where they ran instead of passed...second down is a given free for all...run or pass...but they seemed to run it every time which always set up a third down where everyone knew it had to be thrown and Bledsoe would get sacked...our offense has the potential to be amazing...we have a slew of backs that can run or catch and three top notch receivers..not to mention a QB who is ranked among the top this season...horrible horrible play calling has been the issue this season in my opinion!!!

DR I don't trust Cortez to kick a FG if he was standing between the uprights :P

was it raining as bad as I thought it was in that game ?

explains why both offenses looked off in that game

but it's two weeks in a row the "vaunted Parcells system" let the other team march down the field on the last drive

Finally!!! Just visited the Cowboys website:

"Cowboys Cut Inconsistent Kicker; Sign Rookie Suisham

After yet another big miss Sunday in Seattle, the Cowboys have parted ways with kicker Jose Cortez. The team released the veteran Monday after he missed a 29-yard field goal in the team's 13-10 loss. The team has signed rookie Shaun Suisham, who has been on the practice squad."

Crasher, you should be happy about this....I know I am!

Well seven weeks too late, but my first girlfriend who was wheelchair bound (she had cerebral palsy and never tried to better herself don't feel bad.. or hate me for making fun of her... she never tried :P) could kick better then Cortez... oh happy day!!! :clap:

Hey, the guy threw 20 INT's for Parcells - who disciplines his QB's as much as anyone - that speaks volumes. I was hoping he'd get a spark being back with the Jets but I guess that lasted only one week. Still, the guy never fumbles 3 times in 220 games and he does tonight?

At least the Atlanta D left McCariens (who's also on my fantasy team) wide open for a throw anyone could make and the Jets are sorta back in the game :P

Well I wanted to cool down about the Cowboys game first :P

KC at Miami... didn't see any of it.. have little wanting too (I actually ordered the NWA-TNA PPV instead of seeing it on NFL Network... hard to see a game you know was a squash anyway)... Chiefs did what they needed to do but a tough, tough loss for the Dolphins... good to see Ronnie Brown is coming along and Ricky Williams may need to get the hash back in his system :lol:

Packers at Vikings:

Simply a game the Vikings HAD to have... the Packers are not only a joke now but now are an injury-ravaged one too (how BAD does New Orleans looks for getting pasted by them)... I meant don't get me wrong rhe Vikings took 3 quarters off and still needed to win in miracle fashion to pull this thing out (FG off the crossbar anyone??)... but that IS the kinda win you need to pull out of the funk they were in.. nice to see Dante Culpepper look like an NFL QB too :P... scary FACT... Vikings at 2-4 one game off the division lead... seems I was right when I said the Vikings could take half the year off and win the Central... now if only we could move Dallas there!!

Indy at Houston:

Why do they Texans even bother to show up ? I guess so the other team can get its TD for fantasy football geeks like me!! It's scary to think a team with such talent didn't bother to get a damn lineman to protect them... Don Capers... you'll be hanging out with Oliwa on the bread lines soon!!

Detroit at Browns:

I like Jeff Garcia... I think he's got a bad rep and played behind some of the worst lines in NFL History... I think he's a good tough smart QB who has a certain level of grit to him and I'm glad he's getting a chance to show it here... as much as a cake walk as the NFC Central is.. Garcia playing well (which is AMAZING considering the Lions injuries now) ... they could be the only team to put a scare in the Vikings... as for the Browns... ECK!!

I need a front row seat for Browns/Texans... woooo ugly football !!!! :evil:

Steelers at Bengals:

I am REALLY disappointed with the Bengals on this one... they had a chance to basically put the division away and beat up on a still pretty beat up Steeler team... but I think Brian said it best when he said the Bengals defense isn't good it just cashes in on your mistakes and this game showed it cause the Steelers were robotic in dismantling them.... I think the Bengals should still win the division but they're not at that "elite" team level yet... if they were they beat the Steelers at home (they did this in Pittsburgh I'd have been more ok with it)

Saints at Rams:

Didn't see any of this game... didn't want to... it may be cruel but the best thing to happen to the Rams is Martz being out for the year .. all of a sudden they run the ball (20 carries for jackson... marshall faulk gets involved)..Jamie Martin didn't embarrass himself *coughVINNYcough*.. and away they go!! Now here's a triple threat match from hell... Saints vs Texans vs browns!! :lol:

San Fran at Washington:

Man the more of these I look at the more bad teams I see... this game was like watching an old Goldberg match in WCW... Pyro ring entrance/kick/punch/spear/jackhammer... crowd goes wild.. match over... that was more competitve then the 49ers are now :P (and yes we DID watch the first half cause Laflamme is a 49ers fan who likes to suffer!)

San Diego at Phily:

Way to choke away a win that you not only badly needed but would have assed the Ego's Hardcore... starting to believe the Ego's window on the Super Bowl may have closed now.. McNabb and TO are all beat up.. defense ain't as good... it took a MONUMENTAL Schottenheimer choke to blow this game (yeah run dive plays up the Middle doing the best Parcells impression I ever seen... I'm not asking you to throw a long bomb or anything... but at least give LT a chance to bounce the damn thing to the outside for christ's sake!).... they don't... Field Goal blocked and the NFC East stays a mess!!!

Dallas at Seattle:

See the Schottenheimer rant about playing too close to the vest and it biting you in the ass...Dallas did have a nice lil rushing game going but when it mattered the most they ran those stupid dive plays up the middle and shot themselves in the foot again letting the play come to ONE drive and this defense is mostly TOO YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCED to stop a team in crunch time and it's showing again and again!!! :rant:... hopefully this improves by season's end but it may be too late by then....

Ravens at Bears:

If you watched this.. WHY ?? Geesssssssshhhhhh

Titans at Arizona:

Bah.. I wanted the Titans to win this game :P

But when Chris Brown got hurt this game went south in a hurry!!!!

And gee.. look... Arizona gets Dallas next week.... joy joy !!

Buffalo at Oakland:

Man I feel for ya LCB... man each time you think they're there... god damn... but also to be fair the Raiders do NOT have 2-4 talent on the team (though they have a 1-15 level coach :P)... didn't watch this game.... but I hate Norv even more for not saying Moss was gonna play!!!

Denver at Giants:

I missed the end of this cause I left Sun Tavern in a rather cranky state... I didn't think the Broncos were THIS good anyway and I guess the Giants exposed them there... good win for the Giants but also shows the Broncos are a wee bit overrated!!!

Jets at Atlanta:

hmm... look.... Vinny... need I say it ??

I TOLD YOU SO !!!

that was so painful to watch we flipped to the shootout on center ice (BTW that was a fun overtime with the Bruins and leafs!!)...but ah.. Vinny you are so much nicer to see from the other side... and note to the Jets.. you're DONE this year... PLAY BOERINGER and just see what the damn kid has!!!

all in all a VERY odd week in football......

KC at Miami... didn't see any of it.. have little wanting too (I actually ordered the NWA-TNA PPV instead of seeing it on NFL Network... hard to see a game you know was a squash anyway)... Chiefs did what they needed to do but a tough, tough loss for the Dolphins... good to see Ronnie Brown is coming along and Ricky Williams may need to get the hash back in his system

As I mentioned in the other thread, Frerotte blows and our defense is now injury-riddled and full of holes, particularly in the secondary- Tebucky Jones is now out for the year. We need to feed Ronnie more- he had 8 carries for 95 yards and a ridiculous TD run on Friday. Linehan has to wake up and realize he doesn't have Culppepper and Moss. I got physically ill watching that idiot Frerotte over throw Chambers about 8 times the other night.