Malakhov meter

MacDevil

After last night Malakhov reached -10 in plus minus ratings.

Guess who is also -10.... SCOTT GOMEZ. He managed to be on the ice for all three even strenght Buffalo goals and even that he was a goal scorer he ended up being -2 for the game - WOW

Getting back to Malakov, when will Larry see this stats and FINALLY SCRATCH HIM.

Earth to Larry. Malakhov is a defensmen and it is totaly unacceptable for an NHL defensman to be -10 after 18 games....

Only other D's worst then him in all the NHL are from St. Louis ERIC BREWER and BRYCE SALVADOR and from San Jose SCOTT HANNAN with - 12....

Play without Malakhov against the Habs and we may even win... PLEASE !

I still have no problem with Gomez, I feel confident he will turn it around, especially when Elias comes back. Malakhov better start being benched though, he sucks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. It wasn't my intention to make GOMER look bad. But those are the only two players we have with double digit - ratings.

To make Gomer look good I'm gonna put anohter stat.

Super Mario is currently -12 after 19 games. And Mark Recchie is also -12.

gomez's decision making has been poor this year. he's playing with jump and i believe he is putting in a lot of effort. but he has been making the wrong pass more often than the right one this year.

i scream everytime he tries to pass through 4 sticks accross the ice on a PP that, even if it connected, would not lead to a quality chance.

I agree. It wasn't my intention to make GOMER look bad. But those are the only two players we have with double digit - ratings.

To make Gomer look good I'm gonna put anohter stat.

Super Mario is currently -12 after 19 games. And Mark Recchie is also -12.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pens also have 12 more Goals against then the Devs do.

even if he connected, the other moron won't shoot so it never leads to a quality chance.

i know gomer's game is being the setup guy, but at some point I just wish he'd get frustrated with people not shooting off his passes and just start shooting it himself - power play last night was awful, nobody wanted to shoot, everyone is passing, hoping to find that guy with a shot at an empty net, guess what, it ain't happening, shoot the puck and swarm the rebound, get randy mckay/bobby holik style goals - it's more than they're getting this way.

Oh, and malakov sucks.

I like the +/- stat, but sometimes its misleading. In Malakhov's case its accurate, he just plain sucks. No one is more disappointed in him than me.

In Gomer's case, it has alot to do with playing from behind and getting caught positionally in trying to make things happen. He is our best offensive player, no one skates into the opposition zone as quickly or easily.

McGillis sucks, Malakhov sucks. We don't have forwards because of sickness and other problems...

I think the Devs should scratch some vets and bring up some young guys from Albany. Maybe they would put more effort in games.

Gomer looked good in the game against Buffalo. The minus 10 is just indicative to how the team is playing as a whole. If you check the stats only Langenbrunner is even. That's not a good sign when you only have one player that is not in the minus column...and that could all change this weekend in Ottawa.

I could be wrong but I hope Clemmy warms up really good...I have a funny feeling he might see some action in that game when him and Marty switch seats. :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not make Gomer look bad? He's done that well enough all by himself for much of the season anyway, although at least the last couple of games it looks like he has a pulse now.