Defensive pairings

msweet

I absolutely hate what HOF defenseman coach Larry is doing.

Martin-Raffi.. I hate them together. They get pushed around and both are similiar kinds of d-men. I gues s they are grooming Martin by throwing him in the fire. They are our #1 pp team when Vladimir-Brown seem to be better.

White-Matvichuk... Well I'm done with Matvichuk... I thought he was a great move, but he really sucks in the new NHL 2 years later. Playing him with White reduces White's playing time.

Malakhov-Brown... well I guess I'm ok with that pair.... I'd say give them some more time...

ok so what to do?

White-Raffi

Malakhov-Brown

Martin-Matvichuk/McGillis

Makes me realize how Matvichuk and McGillis are completely expendable.

Do I (we) like this better?

Edited by DevilMinder

Martin-Raffi.. I hate them together. They get pushed around and both are similiar kinds of d-men. I gues s they are grooming Martin by throwing him in the fire. They are our #1 pp team when Vladimir-Brown seem to be better.

White-Matvichuk... Well I'm done with Matvichuk... I thought he was a great move, but he really sucks in the new NHL 2 years later. Playing him with White reduces White's playing time.

Malakhov-Brown... well I guess I'm ok with that pair.... I'd say give them some more time...

ok so what to do?

White-Raffi

Malakhov-Brown

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like those pairings much better. I've always been opposed to playing simialr type d-men on the same pairing if it can be avoided. I HATE Rafalski and Martin together. White-Raffi, Malakhov-Brown, and Matvichuk-Martin would work much better.

While we're at it, might as well shake up some of the line combos too:

Kozlov-Brylin-Gionta

Langs-Gomez-Parise

Keep Mogilny on the checking line with Pando and Madden

Pihlman-Rasmussen-Marshall

I'd like to see Ras tried at center. I think he'd do a good job in the middle.

Funny you bring this up, but my thoughts were the same after watching the Calgary game I just don't post here much. I think you've hit the nail on the head.

With Rafalski and Martin paried together, it's forcing Brian to be aggressive against the other team's main scoring options. I don't think it's his type of play at all to throw checks and move people off the puck (although he did have a nice low-bridge on Iginla). As a result I saw him get ran a few times in that game -which takes him off his game as an offensive-defenseman.

Colin White is no Scott Stevens, but it's probably the best quasi Stevens-Rafalski pairing that you could come up with.

ok so what to do?

White-Raffi

Malakhov-Brown

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

White and Matvichuk are developing into a very solid pairing, probably our best defensive pairing out there.

How anyone can be happy with Brown (-9) and Malakhov (-7) speaks volumes.

Brown is playing some great hockey of late, but putting him with Malakhov is a disaster just waiting to happen.

Rafi and Brown..maybe

Martin and Malakhov could help Vladdie from coughing up the puck in a panic.