World Cup Draw

Jimmy Leeds

Tough draw for the Americans with the Italians, the Czechs, and Ghana in the first round. If they manage to squeak through second from the group, they'll have Brazil waiting for them.

I think we can beat the Italians, but the Czechs are real good, and the Africans always have surprise teams at the World Cups.

There is a pizza parlor in Freehold I've been going to for 30 years and they are rooting for the Italians over the Americans........I already told them it's war, just like I told some Mexicans in '02.

I am just disappointed the Danes missed qualifying by one friggin' point, due to an injury time Turkish goal.

Well the US group was supposed to be tough in '02 with European champion Portugal, one of the host teams (South Korea) and a Poland team that was in fact the only one to beat us in the first round.

But I agree, having Italy and the Czechs is a bit of a headache, especially with Brazil probably awaiting later on as Leeds said. Ghana I don't know enough about but there's always some African team that's a surprise. Sooner or later the US has to beat the big boys to advance to that next level in any case. Might as well start early :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Tough draw indeed - I also believe this team is not a as solid as last's cup .I think we need to submerge ourselves in the role of the underdog and perhaps over achieve a little. If Ghana becomes a difficult foe, it wont be due their skills rsther than the pressure to beat them.

England all the way! :clap::clap:

Weve got Paraguay, Trinidad and Torbego and Sweden so a pretty easy group.

France will play Togo (seems to be easy but who knows), South Korea (unknown level at this point, semi finalist in 2002) and Switzerland (we played them in Euro 2004 and in qualifying rounds, always tough to beat).

If anything goes well we should finish 1st. :)

But we also can see the worst coming!! :P

so, sweden got england again. Maybe england will beat us this time (hasn't happened since '68). Really worried about Paraguay.

Oh, stevens4. My bet is that Sweden and Paraguay will go through to the playoffs, it doesn't feel like england's year this time either.

so, sweden got england again. Maybe england will beat us this time (hasn't happened since '68). Really worried about Paraguay.

Oh, stevens4. My bet is that Sweden and Paraguay will go through to the playoffs, it doesn't feel like england's year this time either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh this is deffo englands year, our players are probably at their best right now, except Rooney, hes that young hes bound to get even better in years to come, which is pretty scary considering how good he was last night against wigan.

We played really well in the win over Argentina and depending where you go we are either 2nd or 3rd favourites behind Brazil and Argentina.

Brazil will be tough to beat but anything is possible especially with rooney in the team.

Oh this is deffo englands year, our players are probably at their best right now, except Rooney, hes that young hes bound to get even better in years to come, which is pretty scary considering how good he was last night against wigan.

We played really well in the win over Argentina and depending where you go we are either 2nd or 3rd favourites behind Brazil and Argentina.

Brazil will be tough to beat but anything is possible especially with rooney in the team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

England ? c'mon how long has it been .... '66

It will be Samba time again....

That guy is overrated and a hot head....

England ? c'mon how long has it been .... '66

It will be Samba time again....

That guy is overrated and a hot head....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah its been a long time, but we would have won euro 2004 if rooney wasnt injured, i mean cmon greece won it in the end!

And yeah hes a little hot headed but hes only just turned 20 and it shows hes passisonate about the game, if youve seen him play, especially at a match then youll realise, sometimes hes the only player showing real passion to win and its not a coincidence in that every time hes scored for united weve gone on to win the match.

Id rather a player that gets booked now and again for trying to win the ball to win the match than a goody two shoes player who never gets booked but shows no passion for the game.

It also makes him so exciting to watch, i was there on his debut when he scored a hattrick and it was the best individual display ive seen.

Hey stevens who is scoring in your avatar... too small to see...

too early to start making picks, but i defeintely think Rooney can be a difference maker for England

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its rooney scoring for united against newcastle last season, the goal of the season without any doubt