To all posters on this board.

Whaler

ALTHOUGH

on first impression having the out-of-date uniforms on the site can also imply that the rest of the site is out-of-date too, but that's just from a technical and design stand point

In fact, the changes to the jerseys has already been made. I'm always happy to respond to suggestions.

The information about the Home/Away jerseys was welcomed, and the change was made to the Hurricanes site as well. Surprise, surprise.....I'm not difficult to deal with at all. [grin]

and that's just some friendly advice so take it for what it's worth...

And it is worth very much!!

Thanks!

Well I mean, lets face it we all dont have lives. We can sit checking your stats everyday beacuse lets face it were all losers and numbers just do it for us. Please already its a stat site you check a couple times a year and its done.

And I agree with Sammy this is nothing more then an attempt to increase interest. Oh the lengths some people will go to for there 5 minutes.

:unsure:

Passive-Aggressive Personality Disorder

a pervasive pattern of negativistic attitudes as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

- passively resists fulfilling routine social and occupational tasks

* complains of being misunderstood and unappreciated by others

* is sullen and argumentative

- unreasonably criticizes and scorns authority

- expresses envy and resentment toward those apparently more fortunate

* voices exaggerated and persistent complaints of personal misfortune

* alternates between hostile defiance and contrition

:evil: I'm messin' with you Whaler. But why not just ask us for more traffic to your site? Why the whole surrender bloated with defeat? I was offended because I feel you were being dishonest. Dishonesty just irks the sh!t out of me. But this is just a message board and I'm just a stupid poster so... no big deal right?

I am glad several people responded to you possitively. One day I'll be a big enough person to accept passive agression... just not today :P

Edited by Pepperkorn

a pervasive pattern of negativistic attitudes as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

Im so glad me being an a$$hole can be justified by a few taps on the keyboard ! :boogie:

:evil: I'm messin' with you Whaler. But why not just ask us for more traffic to your site? Why the whole surrender bloated with defeat? I was offended because I feel you were being dishonest. Dishonesty just irks the sh!t out of me. But this is just a message board and I'm just a stupid poster so... no big deal right?

I am glad several people responded to you possitively. One day I'll be a big enough person to accept passive agression... just not today :P

I guess some people simply can't get around their paranoia. They MUST think that everyone has ulterior motives in whatever they do. Maybe it's a reflection of how they live their own life.

I was NOT looking for some sneaky way to increase traffic! Period! I was doing what you obviously can't understand. Explaining why I had come to a certain decision to those who HAD been visiting, who might wonder why it's no longer up. I strongly resent being called dishonest. This irks the sh!t out of ME!

I hope you haven't given up your day job to become a psychoanalyst. You're really BAD at it.

But you have succeeded in one of your aims. Just when I was thinking I may have made the wrong decision, your post brought me back down to earth.

I guess some people simply can't get around their paranoia. They MUST think that everyone has ulterior motives in whatever they do. Maybe it's a reflection of how they live their own life.

I was NOT looking for some sneaky way to increase traffic! Period! I was doing what you obviously can't understand. Explaining why I had come to a certain decision to those who HAD been visiting, who might wonder why it's no longer up. I strongly resent being called dishonest. This irks the sh!t out of ME!

I hope you haven't given up your day job to become a psychoanalyst. You're really BAD at it.

But you have succeeded in one of your aims. Just when I was thinking I may have made the wrong decision, your post brought me back down to earth.

I agree with Whaler, the man slaves over typing in numbers all day and all you guys can do is poke fun! :rant:

Dont worry Whaler I'll keep your page up the rest of the day and refresh every 2 seconds! Ignor the rude comments!

:blink:

:tomato:

If it were my site, and I enjoyed it, I'd keep it. I have a non-Devil site, for my enjoyment and I have no clue who, if anyone, goes to it. I don't have a counter. Maybe it's the counter you need to eliminate. :evil:

Whaler, don't sweat the small stuff. Negative comments are the smallest kind of stuff. :)

:unsure: Why do you think wanting traffic on your site would be interpreted as a bad thing?

I dont :noclue: I'm totally cool with you wanting traffic. I'm totally cool with you not wanting to waste time on something no one is reading. Where's the shame in that?

I seriously have NO idea where you are coming from after that last post. You announced this to the entire board - yet didn't want some sort of feed back - you aren't indeed looking for some idea about whether you are providing value or not? And you in fact think that would be a horrible thing if you were?? :blink: That it would be an assault on your character to think you wanted some feedback on your site. I'm non-plussed :mellow::blink::o

and what is so wrong with wanting to provide value to a group of people? DM does this for us and we are really happy, honored, grateful. I dont think it's an undying love for the Devils or that this is some money making venture for him ( :giggle: ) So why would I be ATTACKING you for wanting traffic?

and NO frankly I DONT understand why you have to explain to basically two people or basically no one as you said in the outset -- that you had NO HITS -- no, I DON'T understand why you;d want to post a VERY PUBLIC message to what by your own admission amoutns to NO ONE -- WTF? and then yell at me like I'm some misguided arsehole picking a fight with you???

I do have a psychosis -- I am unable to let things drop until I feel some sort of mutual understanding has been reached. And I'll even give that my original post may have seemed like an unfair attack - I tried to couch it in humor.

Man :blink: "me thinks the gentlman doth protest to much" MUCH?

<_< and now you got me feeling all John Madden :rant:

OK -- live by the sword die by the sword:

I'm not trying to make you look or feel bad. i do not get why you think I am. I think you're a freak and that's OK. I am a freak and have no problem with it.

I think your page is great and valuable too - even if one only refers to it once in a while. Fact is there are over 1000 people who refer to it once in a while -- so it looks like light traffic but you're helping a load of people.

Dude sports writers come here - your page rocks for them. I am thrilled to tell you your work is of HIGH value.

I DONT WANT YOU TO STOP YOUR PAGE. I want ME to SHUT UP and leave this whole thing alone but I can't because of aforementioned psychosis.

And I'm not saying this to make you feel better - it's the facts.

Basically I think you're a wanker for not allowing me to fix it -- you have to keep goading me.. :rant:

Edited by Pepperkorn

:unsure: Why do you think wanting traffic on your site would be interpreted as a bad thing?

I dont :noclue: I'm totally cool with you wanting traffic. I'm totally cool with you not wanting to waste time on something no one is reading. Where's the shame in that?

I seriously have NO idea where you are coming from after that last post. You announced this to the entire board - yet didn't want some sort of feed back - you aren't indeed looking for some idea about whether you are providing value or not? And you in fact think that would be a horrible thing if you were?? :blink: That it would be an assault on your character to think you wanted some feedback on your site. I'm non-plussed :mellow::blink::o

and what is so wrong with wanting to provide value to a group of people? DM does this for us and we are really happy, honored, grateful. I dont think it's an undying love for the Devils or that this is some money making venture for him ( :giggle: ) So why would I be ATTACKING you for wanting traffic?

and NO frankly I DONT understand why you have to explain to basically two people or basically no one as you said in the outset -- that you had NO HITS -- no, I DON'T understand why you;d want to post a VERY PUBLIC message to what by your own admission amoutns to NO ONE -- WTF? and then yell at me like I'm some misguided arsehole picking a fight with you???

I do have a psychosis -- I am unable to let things drop until I feel some sort of mutual understanding has been reached. And I'll even give that my original post may have seemed like an unfair attack - I tried to couch it in humor.

Man :blink: "me thinks the gentlman doth protest to much" MUCH?

<_< and now you got me feeling all John Madden :rant:

This has gone WAY beyond what I had imagined when I made my original post.

I never intended to incite anything, and am distressed at the turn this has taken.

Enough!

No more posts on this subject from me. I'm done.

I'm sorry for all the commotion. I'll not contribute to it anymore.

My apologies to those who think they deserve them. Mostly, my thanks to those who were able to grasp what I intended to convey, and responded in kind.

Enjoy what's left of the season.

Explaining why I had come to a certain decision to those who HAD been visiting

Um dude, like I said, if it was a message to those that DO visit why was here and not on the site itself?? You may not have intentions to promote the site this way but it sure does come off looking like that don't you think?

Also, positive suggestions were given but you haven't (unless I missed it) said if you would do anything with them other than acknowledge them.

Alas, you won't respond but whatever...maybe you'll read it.

Edited by sammyk

El D's right. This thread has run its course. The fact that it has garnered 41 replies so far -- with the originator owning almost a quarter of the posts in the thread -- tells me that this whole charade was all about attention-whoring, despite the OP's insistence that it's not. PK's got the passive-aggressiveness pegged, and frankly, I don't think she should have to apologize for calling him out on it. It almost sounds like the guy didn't want to simply close up shop so he decided to blame us for it so he wouldn't feel like a quitter.

If you want to keep the site going, keep it going. If you want to shut it down, shut it down. But if you continue to run the site not because you want to but because you crave the attention, don't even bother. It's just too damn phony. And yes, it *is* completely valid to discontinue a project because you feel you're putting too much work into it for too little return, but if that's truly the case, just cut your losses and get on with your life. Don't friggin' dwell on it like you've been doing this week. Coming on here and begging us to give you a reason to keep going is just pathetic. Move on already.