This weather is disgusting

LOTCB

Man I wanted to go to Vegas this month also. But it's too hot I had a deal for TI I got a room for $50, $35 in free play and I think a $20 food credit. But like I said it's way too hot anything over 90 is bad for me. Anyway as to the weather here it's only 60 this has been the worst summer ever where is this global warming everybody has been talking about?.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very slim chances of me getting there for all 3 meals.. i barely eat on vacation.. the heat and the stuff to do totally distract me.

Then do breakfast by was some of the best food out there in 2000.

We were there for 10 days plus that where we stayed.

Also do the river rafting trip that starts at the bottom of Hoover dam.

Esp since it will be hot. Grand Canyon ehhh it's a big hole in the ground.

Real long drive if thats how you go there. If you drive try and stop at

Miss Kittys Steakhouse.

The food is good and they put on a good show(cowboy western)

We saw the Kings and Avs play so hot the ice had an inch of water on it.

Make sure you go up in the Eiffel tower at night.

And freemont street at night

Thanks for the tips... ive been there before.

I wont be doing any rafting.. my rafting days are over after a terrible rafting experience... which was my 4th time going...

so i dont ever wanna do a 5th :)

Stay away from the TI buffet it's kinda bad. If anybody is like me I usually walk everywhere so when I am there I am eating/ordering two dinners almost everywhere I go. Also if you are into country music Toby Keith has a restaurant near the Harrah's monorail station. I went there the last time I was in Vegas and it was really good. They had a live band playing and if they play I love this bar they have free shots.

I am not a huge buffet person.. I will only be doing one..and it will be Rio cause its phenomenal.

I love walking everywhere...of course i will be taking a cab to freemont and rio but other than that and to the wedding.. i intend on walking.. i still dont get hungry though... give me some water or alcohol..and i barely think of food on vacation.

It doesnt mean i cant eat..if we go out...i jsut cant take doing buffets every night and waking up for breakfast everyday etc... I will be doing the breakfast buffet at my hotel one morning... if i can get my BF up...other than that.. i prob wont see breakfast while im there... and i will be doing one dinner buffet...at rio..and the wedding ill be having a dinner.. other than that..all up in the air.

Go with the flow!

I am not a huge buffet person.. I will only be doing one..and it will be Rio cause its phenomenal.

I love walking everywhere...of course i will be taking a cab to freemont and rio but other than that and to the wedding.. i intend on walking.. i still dont get hungry though... give me some water or alcohol..and i barely think of food on vacation.

There is a free shuttle from Harrah's to Rio. Not sure if you know that or not I think it stops at 2 in the morning but I'm not 100% sure. I use Taxis as little as possible as the money could be put to a better use. I walked from Aladdin to Rio the first time I went. I didn't know about the shuttle but I took it back.

Edited by sandman441

WOW..aladdin to RIo is far. I actually didnt know about the shuttle.. you dont have to be staying at one of their affiliates to use it?

I figured when i was there I would look into shuttles.. cause i know some of them have them. Definitely dont want to walk t the wedding in my dress and shoes....its not that far. .. only 4 hotels away.. but it will just be uncomfy.

Thanks for the tip about the shuttle.

WOW..aladdin to RIo is far. I actually didnt know about the shuttle.. you dont have to be staying at one of their affiliates to use it?

No It's free for everybody. Yeah it is far I wouldn't do it again it looked close and I didn't know about the shuttle either. Then when I got there I was about dead and saw the sign for the shuttle. The only good part about that is that I lost about 10 pounds in the two days I was there so I can't complain really complain.

Edited by sandman441

HAHA...ya weight loss...never a complaint.

Maybe i can do the same.

I lost 6 lbs when i went on a cruise..and everyone says you gain weight on them acuse of all the food! My whole family was mad at me cause they all claim its impossible to lose it on there.

Edited by langsgirl

HAHA...ya weight loss...never a complaint.

Maybe i can do the same.

I lost 6 lbs when i went on a cruise..and everyone says you gain weight on them acuse of all the food! My whole family was mad at me cause they all claim its impossible to lose it on there.

That was my sister when I came back. Then I took her and my mom last year. I had a bunch of restaurants I wanted to go to and before the trip my mom said we are all going to look like blimps when we get back. And then after the second or third day she said now I understand why you had all those restaurants. I don't usually eat like that but I was using a bunch of energy walking. I'm going back in November probably I don't like extremely hot weather and I went there September the last time and it was a good 100 everyday. The first time I went was in November and it was I think 60 and it was really nice.

ya unfortunately with my job i cant take vacation any other time of year. I went mid july last time and the htotest day was 115 and the least hottest was 109.. but it wasnt so bad.. spent all day at the pool cool and then when walking ya have plenty fo cool places to stop into.

ya unfortunately with my job i cant take vacation any other time of year. I went mid july last time and the htotest day was 115 and the least hottest was 109.. but it wasnt so bad.. spent all day at the pool cool and then when walking ya have plenty fo cool places to stop into.

I can't stand the pool. Yeah they do have a bunch of cool places to look around in. I like the M&M store though it's a bit expensive. I still haven't seen all of Ceasers Palace I need to do that next time.

Blah it's supposed to be +34 with the humidity today and my friends from BC who are visiting are making me take them to the Zoo...Would it be wrong to tell them to call me when it's not so freakin hot?

Canadian:

What I would give for 34 with the humidity. And yours goes down to 13 tonight. We're at 42 and it's going all the way down to 34 overnight.

American translation:

What I would give for 93 with the humidity. And yours goes down to 55 tonight. We're at 108 and it's going all the way down to 93 overnight.

It doesnt mean i cant eat..if we go out...i jsut cant take doing buffets every night and waking up for breakfast everyday etc... I will be doing the breakfast buffet at my hotel one morning... if i can get my BF up...other than that.. i prob wont see breakfast while im there... and i will be doing one dinner buffet...at rio..and the wedding ill be having a dinner.. other than that..all up in the air.

Go with the flow!

Paris is a buffet too it's worth it trust me ;)

I gained 10 lbs while we were there :giggle:

I want to get out there again soon there

and Colo for skiing.

I'm a Spring and Fall guy. But I like September and October the best. So yeah. I can't stand this heat. I can tolerate mid 80's. Anything more with the humidity the way it is feels like an oven cause there's no air quality.

I like 60-70 Degree weather the best. Mid 50's is cool too.

They have said it's supposed to cool off by Friday due to T-storms. Hopefully so.

Hmm, there was a spot of rain a little earlier. Weird.

Yeah, here too. It brought the temperature down about 15 degrees, but it's still humid as hell out. Thing is, normally 80 degrees with 75% humidity would be considered a bad day, but given the weather this week it actually doesn't feel half-bad.

I like Spring and Fall the best too. You can keep Winter and Summer. Blah.

A/C is running and running. Closed off two rooms and shut their floor vents to help the central air just keep the parts I'm in cool. I'll open them up later tonight. Just have to kick back, pop in some DVDs and eat a bowl of ice cream.

Ya'll can bite me with your indoor jobs and time to sit at home in the ac. My pets are the ones enjoying my AC since it gets so hot in my apartment I'm afraid they'll die without it. I have to be outside regularly for my job, and it's disgusting out. Usually hotter and more humid than it is in NJ. Never thought I'd miss a NJ summer until now. Blech.