My Plan to Screw the Rangers

CMONPETEYD

hossa is lucky to be in the league. he stinks - the sooner the rangers toss him aside, the better off they'll be.

Generally speaking I agree...however for whatever reason (reason is the guy has talent) Renney really likes him.

Hossa had 2 goals and 3 assists in the first 49 games...then Renney puts him with Jagr and he scored 8 goals 5 assists in 15 games before getting hurt.

This is a big season for Hossa. Is he is 10 point a year stiff...or is he actually a player - someone you could put with Jagr (and probably Gomez) who will score 20-25 just by keeping his stick on the ice?

Either way...that is why I say he should take his qualifier, then kick the thing back to Renney so he can play with Jagr. He does that, puts up 20-25 goals...next year he makes 2.5 million.

Edited by bg.

there's a huge difference and everyone knows it.

hossa is lucky to be in the league. he stinks - the sooner the rangers toss him aside, the better off they'll be.

I was kind of being sarcastic, but also pointing out that goals don't always matter.

Generally speaking I agree...however for whatever reason (reason is the guy has talent) Renney really likes him.

Hossa had 2 goals and 3 assists in the first 49 games...then Renney puts him with Jagr and he scored 8 goals 5 assists in 15 games before getting hurt.

This is a big season for Hossa. Is he is 10 point a year stiff...or is he actually a player - someone you could put with Jagr (and probably Gomez) who will score 20-25 just by keeping his stick on the ice?

I honestly don't see the difference between the two. Just about any moderately skilled player should be able to do that with Gomez and Jagr. Hossa has some skills but he's too slow, his shot isn't good enough, he's not a good enough passer, etc. He's what they'd call in baseball a quadruple A player.

Either way...that is why I say he should take his qualifier, then kick the thing back to Renney so he can play with Jagr. He does that, puts up 20-25 goals...next year he makes 2.5 million.

Hopefully for the Rangers, he does it with some other team. Marcel Hossa is waiver wire trash. The Rangers could find similar bargains to play on that line and do just as well. Anaheim did it with Chris Kunitz these past two years - I think Burke is smart enough to let him go.

this is definitely the year the rangers have the best chance if all works out well for them.. I still think it will take at least a quarter of the season for all the players to mold and if they don't get going by the all star game, its not going to happen and thats when I'd start worrying if I were a rangers fan..

the team's going to very different next year just because of the cap

While I'm sort of interested in how this all works out for the Rangers, just because I find the cap mechanics interesting, I really don't care what they do all that much, unless they sign an RFA (not a UFA, an RFA) to an insane contract - like the offer sheet for Vanek - it doesn't impact the remaining NJ payscale that has to be dealt with this summer all that much and their cap issues are their business.

there's a huge difference and everyone knows it.

Hossa isnt that bad. He just needs a good supporting cast which isnt always easy to do, i mean if you can have Straka or Hossa with 2 big players, you put Straka. Hossa needs to show he is a playmaker or can work with the ones he has.

Thats garbage..... Isn't there another team out there that needs a goalie. How about the Crapitals!!

I have not seen any report of the Rangers taking him to Arbitration. please send the link

Edited by Derek21

I honestly don't see the difference between the two. Just about any moderately skilled player should be able to do that with Gomez and Jagr. Hossa has some skills but he's too slow, his shot isn't good enough, he's not a good enough passer, etc. He's what they'd call in baseball a quadruple A player.

Hopefully for the Rangers, he does it with some other team. Marcel Hossa is waiver wire trash. The Rangers could find similar bargains to play on that line and do just as well. Anaheim did it with Chris Kunitz these past two years - I think Burke is smart enough to let him go.

Anyone ever hear of Warren Young? He put up 40 goals playing aside Mario Lemieux in 84-85. Was never successful again when he moved on.

Stiffs can succeed next to big time talent.

Rob Brown wasn't quite a stiff either - he had some decent scoring seasons without Mario Lemieux.

That said, Hossa just doesn't provide all that much value. He is a decent forechecker and decent backchecker - but there are lots of players around the league who could do what Marcel will end up doing.